Paulo Dybala (302 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
:agree:

If he's not starting at least every second match by the time the 4th CL group game rolls around, I'm going to be pissed about this.

Italian coaches are so often ridiculous about this stuff. They have a player who scores regularly and they bench him for a player who doesn't because they like some random off-ball/defensive contribution the other forward offers more.

We've seen it before. Conte benching Matri for Borriello through the winter that undefeated season. Allegri benching Morata for Llorente for the first 3 months last year. And now Dybala.

The game has evolved. Forwards who create chances and score are what is needed. I mean, the defensive/off-ball work is a great bonus, but if Dybala is scoring a goal every 80 minutes, like he is right now, I could care less if he stands around doing nothing while the opponent has the ball.
Especially considering the fact that Dybala works hard aswell. The only thing that Mandzu does better than Dyballa are headers in the box and that was not really needed in this match.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Can't wait to see Zamp's next press conference.

----

Only thing I can think of is he is being rested for midweek match. That's the only thing I will accept otherwise Allegri is to blame.

We scored twice and NOTHING came from out strikers today. How is that not a problem right now? We need Dybala to play, this is ridiculous.
I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2 with Zaza and Dybala up front on Wednesday against Frosinone. I'm not particularly fond of Zaza but he actually looked pretty good today, and had a very debatable offside rule out a goal. I think the two of them might work well together up front.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2 with Zaza and Dybala up front on Wednesday against Frosinone. I'm not particularly fond of Zaza but he actually looked pretty good today, and had a very debatable offside rule out a goal. I think the two of them might work well together up front.
I like the sound of that. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like Dybala would be for Zaza what Berardi was in terms of the right kind of service that suits him.

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
I like the sound of that. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like Dybala would be for Zaza what Berardi was in terms of the right kind of service that suits him.
Next match i would love to see:
Litch - Bonucci - Chiellini - Alex Sandro
Pereyra - Hernanes - Pogba
Dybala - Zaza - Cuadrado​

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why would it be backtracking? Dont rate him because of what I seen him from him on the pitch, find him to be sorely lacking in technical and talent level. If he starts banging in goals and IMPROVES, then fuck yeah, thats only good no? And defenitely has not been the norm for him in his career so far. How would that be backtracking, it would be alltogether new sitaution more or less.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath yet, he got his first few minutes today, but his first touch was awful, and he was too eager and ended up defending more and screwing anything else basic up, except when he had a good finish on the offside sitaution.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Too much overreactions in here, yes he should've come on today, but he'll get his playtime over the season, I'm certain of it.

Should probably start against Frosinone on wednesday as well.
I'm glad Allegri didn't bring him off the bench. We need at least one fit striker starting on Wednesday :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
icemaη;5102055 said:
I'm glad Allegri didn't bring him off the bench. We need at least one fit striker starting on Wednesday :D
30 minutes of playing wouldn't make him too tired to play 3 days afterwards, he's a professional athlete you know :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why would it be backtracking? Dont rate him because of what I seen him from him on the pitch, find him to be sorely lacking in technical and talent level. If he starts banging in goals and IMPROVES, then $#@! yeah, thats only good no? And defenitely has not been the norm for him in his career so far. How would that be backtracking, it would be alltogether new sitaution more or less.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath yet, he got his first few minutes today, but his first touch was awful, and he was too eager and ended up defending more and screwing anything else basic up, except when he had a good finish on the offside sitaution.
Oh I don't think it could be called backtracking for everyone... I mean, I see him as an average to decent striker well-suited for a mid-table club. Another Matri-type. Will probably have a couple good years somewhere in his career, but it's very unlikely he's going to be some consistent 15-20+ goal scorer at a major club.

The backtracking would be more so from the people saying he is complete crap, he's terrible, he's not good enough to even be a 5th choice, etc. There's a difference between that and the recognition that he's currently an average striker, not a top one right now. There are quite a few very insulting opinions towards this guy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh I don't think it could be called backtracking for everyone... I mean, I see him as an average to decent striker well-suited for a mid-table club. Another Matri-type. Will probably have a couple good years somewhere in his career, but it's very unlikely he's going to be some consistent 15-20+ goal scorer at a major club.

The backtracking would be more so from the people saying he is complete crap, he's terrible, he's not good enough to even be a 5th choice, etc. There's a difference between that and the recognition that he's currently an average striker, not a top one right now. There are quite a few very insulting opinions towards this guy.
Meh thats nothing, bottomline is Zaza is not good enough to don our shirt.

IMO the pretty clear backtracking is occuring now, those who said Cuadrado is brainless hack and black Krasic and all around other illogical nonsense that had little to do with the player. They were talking shit about an actual player who used to perform in proven quality in our actual league, just because he had a 4-5 games of not working out with Chelsea in half a year, they would probably been the same simpletons who overhyped him to something he isnt if we gotten him from Viola last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 288)