Paulo Dybala - ST - Palermo (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sounds like Beppe and Paratici got their man! That's exciting in itself, really. Obviously they have significant choice in that price range, and we haven't seen them aggressively attack the market like this before. 2nd week of May!

If Zamp has got Beppe operating in the low 30s minimum, there were other interested parties. The idea that a player on the last year of their contract automatically has to be heavily discounted... even though we love the black and white, those situations aren't black and white. I'd rather our directors assess specific opportunities on their own merit, rather than operate blindly by some arbitrary standard. Dybala's in demand. Beppe and Paratici love him, he fits their profile. Boom.

Also, Palermo bought him from Instituto for 12M euro, so he wasn't exactly cheap in the first place.

Love this move, especially if those bonuses are hard to hit. This player stacks attributes, tangible and intangible, and the directors are confident in his personal/professional/competitive makeup. I think he's going to compliment and combine with our existing players very, very well.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I was kinda meh on this signing because I didn't like the idea of us spending money on a player who would mostly be a bench player. But now that I think of it, maybe Allegri really is planning to play he, Tevez and Morata together...

I doubted that when I saw it suggested here but now I can see why he would. A frontline like that, with two inverted wingers/support strikers, kinda in the mould of the Barcelona trio? That would be one of the best attacks in Europe. We'll have one less midfielder, yet we'd still have arguably the best midfield in Europe. The backline stays the same dominating best it's been. And BOOM!

Makes me wanna :tuttosport:

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The deal is an initial €28 million with an €8 million bonus bank, which have been outlined as “difficult to reach”. According to Gianluca Di Marzio,
I misunderstood the "difficult to reach/achieve" part regarding bonus. I thought it was difficult to reach a deal because they couldn't agree on the bonus. So this is a done deal, eh?

would prefer the bonus to be linked with CL semifinals, like how Schalke gets paid for Neuer supposedly; and not the an easy to achieve criteria like CL qualification as the case of Vidal, Evra, Tevez for example.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
So I just read that the deal is €28m + €4m (in players)

Still seems pricey and an uncharacteristic move from Marotta and co.
well the problem is that the price can't be lower.
Zamparini (Palermo's owner) still have to pay 12m to the group owning Dybala and the same group has a % when the play get sold again.
The calculated that in the final price 20m will go to the group represented by Mascardi (remember Iturbe? where Roma paid 24m to Verona and 7-8m to Mascardi)
Still i think the total value won't be higher than 30m cash (bonus included) and it's already madness imo.

Imo it's overpaid as hell his value should be between 20 and 25 no more. If it wasn't for another shady south american group the price wouldn't touch the 30m bonus included or not.

@Elvin he is ambidextrous tough his mainly lefty

I like him but IF (still convinced that's another Depay meaning a EPL club deal) it's overpriced.
But at least that's better than wasting money on Zaza.
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF we get Cavani as well i see us giving away Llorente and Berardi.
And maybe Morata as well if Madrid want him back now recumpra or not recumpra. Paying Cavani would be possible only in that way.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
about the bonuses:
tuttosport article: http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerc...o-fatto-ecco-le-cifre-della-trattativa-235739
original calciomercato article: http://www.calciomercato.com/news/r...ala-e-quelli-che-non-affascinano-pogba-648645

maybe someone could translate the important part of the original article because google translate gives me some differences between both articles.

from what i understand the bonuses conditions might look something like this:
- dybala scoring 20+ league goals
- juve reaching (or passing?) the cl quarter finals
- dybala scoring a certain amount of goals in cl
- ... ?

i would like those, especially because we might be able to control some of them without hurting the team ;).

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
about the bonuses:
tuttosport article: http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerc...o-fatto-ecco-le-cifre-della-trattativa-235739
original calciomercato article: http://www.calciomercato.com/news/r...ala-e-quelli-che-non-affascinano-pogba-648645

maybe someone could translate the important part of the original article because google translate gives me some differences between both articles.

from what i understand the bonuses conditions might look something like this:
- dybala scoring 20+ league goals
- juve reaching (or passing?) the cl quarter finals
- dybala scoring a certain amount of goals in cl
- ... ?

i would like those, especially because we might be able to control some of them without hurting the team ;).
I read the TuttoJuve article. it says the bonuses will be hard to reach, depending on achieving certain objectives. given as examples: 20 goals in the league (by dybala of course), and reaching CL quarter finals. these are only given as an example. it sayes the clubs will discuss the bonuses in the next meeting, that should close the negotiation.

- - - Updated - - -

the artricle from calciomercato stats basically the same thing, that the bonuses should be discussed further in the next meeting that should conclude the deal. it makes assumptions of the bonuses: 20 league goals, reaching of a determined stage in CL (quarter final most likely), and perhaps even a determined amount of goals in CL. the bonuses should reach 8 millions, and will not be easy, in order to avoid repeating the Iturbe's case

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Seriously though.. If he scores 20 in a season I wouldn't care if palermo got an extra million or two.. It means he is a fucking good and young striker and that is exactly what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)