Paulo Dybala - ST - Palermo (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2007
How so, we almost got our hands on the man we most wanted. No need to stress over the rest...
as long its not official i will stay thinking about it we have long history of targeted players and done deals to be gone out of no where.

leave that aside we are really active and early this year, i dont think we are going to spend more than 50M this year but the way we are now in the market make me think more and more, cant help it thought.

Jan 5, 2007
We already missing Shaqiri and iturbe which turn flop , DYbala will worth the money
shaqiri and iturbe didnt choose the right time and the right clubs to join and that will make the chances higher to flop but in the end they are good players if they choose juve or another team with good form things will be the other way most likely

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Strong chance of Dybala to Juve’
By Football Italia staff

Palermo’s vice-President Guglielmo Miccichè admits Juventus have a 'strong chance’ of signing Paulo Dybala.

Rumours have been growing this week that the Bianconeri will sign the striker, with a deal possibly being completed by the weekend.

“So far we have no news,” Miccichè told Tuttomercatoweb.

“However, I can confirm there is strong interest from Juventus. We’re working to find a solution, along with the lad’s agent.

“Juventus have a strong chance [of signing him], but there are also some foreign clubs challenging.

“If we get comparable offers, then it will be down to the player to choose which he prefers.

“Are Juventus favourites in Italy? I think so, they’re the only one out of those who have made an offer who are in the Champions League.

“That’s a fundamental requirement for him [Dybala] that clubs like Milan and Inter can’t offer.”

Miccichè did however deny reports that a deal would be struck this week, as Rosanero President Maurizio Zamparini is out of the country.

“Zamparini is abroad, so we’ll wait for him to return to discuss this subject.

“I don’t think things will be wrapped up this week, but there will probably be telephone contact over the weekend between Zamparini and [Juve general manager Giuseppe] Marotta.”

:confused:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
For 3 years, all we've heard is whining that Marotta can't sign expensive players, that our board won't allow us any funds to go after 30 mil + players.

Now, we're about to sign a 30mil rated player, and there is so much ridiculous whining in this thread about Dybala being the wrong 30mil player, a 30mil player who is not worth 30 mil. How the heck do all these 'Tuz armchair pundits know this? The kid is in demand in that price range. We're not going to get a Sanchez or a Cavani or some other such already established 22-26 year old star for 30mil. That's not the market. At 30mil, we have to be willing to take more of a risk on a younger player, or be willing to sing a 28-30 year old with little resale value (who will still probably cost more).

This deal is exactly what it should be (assuming numbers in the 30-35 mil range are correct after bonuses). It's not a steal for us, and it's not highway robbery by Palermo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
For 3 years, all we've heard is whining that Marotta can't sign expensive players, that our board won't allow us any funds to go after 30 mil + players.

Now, we're about to sign a 30mil rated player, and there is so much ridiculous whining in this thread about Dybala being the wrong 30mil player, a 30mil player who is not worth 30 mil. How the heck do all these 'Tuz armchair pundits know this? The kid is in demand in that price range. We're not going to get a Sanchez or a Cavani or some other such already established 22-26 year old star for 30mil. That's not the market. At 30mil, we have to be willing to take more of a risk on a younger player, or be willing to sing a 28-30 year old with little resale value (who will still probably cost more).

This deal is exactly what it should be (assuming numbers in the 30-35 mil range are correct after bonuses). It's not a steal for us, and it's not highway robbery by Palermo.
This is what bothers me the most. We've done well the past few years. There's no denying that. The facts tell us all we need to know.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

:tup:

30m is too much for Dybala.

Cavani/Falcao wages are too high.

these fuckers never stop do they? :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

30m is too much for Dybala.

Cavani/Falcao wages are too high.

these $#@!ers never stop do they? :lol:
It's a little ridiculous. Marotta's signings bring us 4 straight scudetti, a Champion's League QF, a Europa League SF, and a result away from a Champion's League final over 4 years...

How he hasn't earned the trust and even adoration of every single member here is "mind-bottling" :D

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
They want Messi on de ceglie wages, bought with a barzagli transfer price..

30M will be peanuts if he scores 20 goals a season and so on.. Ffs higuain went for 40.. Dybala is younger..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's a little ridiculous. Marotta's signings bring us 4 straight scudetti, a Champion's League QF, a Europa League SF, and a result away from a Champion's League final over 4 years...

How he hasn't earned the trust and even adoration of every single member here is "mind-bottling" :D
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

They want Messi on de ceglie wages, bought with a barzagli transfer price..

30M will be peanuts if he scores 20 goals a season and so on.. Ffs higuain went for 40.. Dybala is younger..
Exactly. If we go bust we now its a waste BUT if he does what you suggest for the next 4-5 years he will have paid for himself easily not to mention he could maybe go for twice that if he performs and we want to cash in.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i am not very happy with this purchase (for that price). in my books he looks like giovinco part 2. small technical player with too few consistency.

giovinco left because he had no chance in an even weaker juve team than the one we got right now and i would argue that even giovinco by than had shown more than dybala. just remember the season 11/12 season, where giovinco had 16 goals and 13 assists in 38 games for us. dybala does surely get involved into palermos game much more than giovinco was in ours back then and dybala still does not boast that many goals and assists, but it is what it is.

dybalas stats since joining palermo:
Season 12/13: 28 games, 3 goals
Season 13/14: 30 games, 5 goals, 6 assists
Season 14/15: 34 games, 13 goals, 10 assists

i would be glad if proven wrong but by the data available to us right now, dyballa for more than 20m € is a big gamble.
let's hope he keeps improving his numbers

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Guyse, remember when Gio played for us in our 11/12 undefeated season and scored 16 goals and 13 assists?

No...? I don't either.

:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala 1.79m

Giovinco1.64m

Very similar physics characteristics too. :shifty:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Invalid arguement.

Messi is Giovinco size
Messi is built like a tank though. Gio is a very slight framed player. So he has two things going against him that make a physical, defensive league like Serie A difficult. Very short, and very lacking in musculature. Which is why he found playing for us so difficult, as he was asked to operate in tight with defenders and was easily knocked off the ball. He was also 25 when he returned which means his physical strength and maturity was likely as good as it was going to get. I think Gio would have done very wel in La Liga playing in a counter attacking side.

Dybala is also fairly slight of frame, but he's not short at all, and he is only 21 so he has a lot of time to add some muscle to his frame without adverse effect to his game. Look at Morata for example. He came here looking quite weak and easily outmuscled, and less than a year later he already looks stronger and much tougher on the ball. I see the same happening with Dybala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)