Paul Pogba (59 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I can't bring myself to shit on this guy. I like him too much. Don't get me wrong, his social media antics are ridiculous. I don't understand the stupidity to broadcast everything you do in private.
I hope he gets a break and some consistency in the last 2 months of the season.
Not counting the future Europa League games, we have 15 games left in the season. He won't be back until at least the second week of April by what's being reported, so he'll miss a further 4 games. I'll be surprised if he plays more than 5-6 full games before the end of the season. This was a disaster signing, whichever way you look at it. Unless he single handedly takes us to a CL win or something, there's no way this signing can be excused. A quarter of the contract gone, and he's barely played. That's worse than Ramsey and Khedira combined.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
These contracts should have a rescission clause lol
they never have it for injuries though, and it's not that easy to fire a player. here are a few articles explaining the potential reasons:

https://www.extra-cover.org/post/ju...f-football-contracts-under-fifa-jurisprudence
https://blog.ipleaders.in/termination-football-contracts-fifa-jurisprudence/
[pdf] http://www.gradev.com/pdf/Art. 15 FIFA RSTP.pdf
https://www.easportslaw.com/news/terminating-a-contract-between-football-club-and-a-player

injuries can't be considered just cause unfortunately. it's bad management from the club. the best we can hope for is a termination by mutual consent, like we did with ramsey, but the player can (and will) insist on getting a big chunk of his salary for the remainder of his contract. so terminating pogba's contract will cost the club 10s of millions. unlikely to happen, unless the fans bully him to leave, or he eventually breaches his contract like for example mutu did at chelsea when he tested positive for cocaine.

:boh:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Paul Liable Pogba, damn I thought he would really be able to play some games finally. This really sucks, we gave him Dybala's contract because Dybala was injury prone, but what is this guy then?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Allegro and Pogba are going to bleed us dry for the next couple of years minimum
funny thing is that pogba is not _that_ expensive. i mean he is obviously way too expensive for what he provides, but counting the money down the drain, 11m gross per year is only part of the problem. with amortization included, here are the most expensive duds around:

- bonucci 17.6m per season
- arthur 16m (amortization only, with wages, he's around 22m)
- tek 14.3m
- sandro 13.6m
- allegri 12.9m
- paredes 9.2m

at least sandro is more or less reliable this season, but i bet cambiaso could offer similar performances for less than half of that money

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Not counting the future Europa League games, we have 15 games left in the season. He won't be back until at least the second week of April by what's being reported, so he'll miss a further 4 games. I'll be surprised if he plays more than 5-6 full games before the end of the season. This was a disaster signing, whichever way you look at it. Unless he single handedly takes us to a CL win or something, there's no way this signing can be excused. A quarter of the contract gone, and he's barely played. That's worse than Ramsey and Khedira combined.
Oh definitely this is a disaster but one of our own making.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
anyway, it is what it is, all we can do is hope that he finally is fit. Pretty sure this is also a hard time for Paul. The difference between him and Ramsey, is that Ramsey was also trashtalking and playing for Wales. He totally ignored Juve, Paul to me is still (well beign late for training isnt helping it but still) someone who cares about this team and tries to turn it around.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
funny thing is that pogba is not _that_ expensive. i mean he is obviously way too expensive for what he provides, but counting the money down the drain, 11m gross per year is only part of the problem. with amortization included, here are the most expensive duds around:

- tek 14.3m
- sandro 13.6m
- allegri 12.9m
- paredes 9.2m

at least sandro is more or less reliable this season, but i bet cambiaso could offer similar performances for less than half of that money
Malakes!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

- tek 14.3m
- sandro 13.6m
- allegri 12.9m
- paredes 9.2m

You know who's French, not very expensive and also (at the risk of jinxing) rarely misses a game? :snoop:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
anyway, it is what it is, all we can do is hope that he finally is fit. Pretty sure this is also a hard time for Paul. The difference between him and Ramsey, is that Ramsey was also trashtalking and playing for Wales. He totally ignored Juve, Paul to me is still (well beign late for training isnt helping it but still) someone who cares about this team and tries to turn it around.
Yeah, by going skiing during the winter break. That really shows he was working hard and cares to get back on the pitch.

Pigby fanbois are the worst lol

- - - Updated - - -

Worst signing ever. He’s likely gonna have missed the entire season aside from a game or two. And everyone but his fanbois saw it coming. He missed like 75 matches due to injury in his last 3 seasons at ManU. He’s done at the top level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)