Paul Pogba (117 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Buy cheap buy twice

We gambled on a broken player and it didn't pay off. Shit happens but we better have a replacement lined up.. I hope the management weren't expecting Pogba to fix our midfield problems.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'v been training all my life, basically everything you can train. Just trained tennis 15-20 hours a week for 11 months + did the gym and i mean, i hit the gym for power as well but mostly just making sure im able to practice and play full time without getting injuried + played few futsal games + worked on top of that. Those were the wake up 5am to get home at 7pm days. Didn't get injuried once, few times little joint infections by just simply training too much for my age (31) but got through it. My body breaks down if i skip one of those maintaining sessions on the gym. My rotator cuffs will tear off, i'll probably get tennis elbow, patellar tendonitis etc if i don't do the shit at the gym. It ain't coming for free to swing 360gram racquet for that many hours a week while hitting 200kmh serves, while playing pretty much indoor surfaces that are rock hard instead of grass. That takes its toll and Jarkko Nieminen ex-finnish pro said he trained twice a day, but did the body maintaining 3x a day. Tennis is just terrible for the hips etc. All those wide stances, rough surfaces, heavy rackets etc.

And that's just one season out of many i'v been doing past 31 years.

If pro athlete gets injuried on training and is being injuried alot, there's definitely something wrong in there. You're supposed to have all the physios, all the programs, all the stuff being in front of you to be done. If ex-tennis pro does body maintaining 3x a day, what an average football player does? Prob at the training center all the mandatory, but nothing extra on top of that. Effort is least and injuries are picking up, especially if you're really having big muscular imbalances around your body. But whatever, you get paid the same so it doesn't matter like in individual sports, where every flight you take is from your own pocket. Every injury you got, means no income. That's the difference.
360 is a heavy ass racket though, mine is around 280

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
360 is a heavy ass racket though, mine is around 280
That's without the strings right? with the strings and one extra grip it goes to 300 for sure. It depends the level you play at. Ball is about 55 grams if i remember correctly and when you're hitting big, it needs to counter the force so heavier racquet feels little bit more stabile. I could play with 280, but it doesn't cut through the ball that well.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That's without the strings right? with the strings and one extra grip it goes to 300 for sure. It depends the level you play at. Ball is about 55 grams if i remember correctly and when you're hitting big, it needs to counter the force so heavier racquet feels little bit more stabile. I could play with 280, but it doesn't cut through the ball that well.
Good points with the strings and grip

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Buy cheap buy twice

We gambled on a broken player and it didn't pay off. Shit happens but we better have a replacement lined up.. I hope the management weren't expecting Pogba to fix our midfield problems.
almost as if the club didn't learn from ramsey signing and the injury issues plaguing dybala, chiellni, de siglio.

these new management guys were hailed as being smart. turns out they are same usless managment "look for market opportunities" as the management before them. only marotta can fix this mess because allegri is usless in choosing players.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
almost as if the club didn't learn from ramsey signing and the injury issues plaguing dybala, chiellni, de siglio.

these new management guys were hailed as being smart. turns out they are same usless managment "look for market opportunities" as the management before them. only marotta can fix this mess because allegri is usless in choosing players.
Nope. Foreign coaches, foreign physios and foreign management, or at least a combination of local and foreign. This obsession with maintaining an Italian core when it comes to coaching and management will be our downfall.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
We should go with the 2023 return then.

No point rushing him back just so he can play in the World Cup and potentially do more damage.

He's signed with us for a few years so we need to protect our investment.

But what if Pogba himself rushes for the WC. I can see him doing that.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Talking about suturing the meniscus is very weird. Yes, it is better for the player but that rarely happens in pro players because the recovery time increases massively. Very strange to even consider it with the world cup around the corner but we don't have all the details ofc...

rainhard

May 5, 2004
So we did a panic buy… calmly?
sounds like the opposite to a panic buy…
It is a panic buy, we overpay, we did it in January, that happen because Kean transfer isnt working out and we are on the verge of losing 4th place finish if we didnt do something to cover that department. We did sell 2 prospect players to facilitate that move because we desperately need the goals from him

But it is all calculated risk, because in the end we will improve the chances to qualify for UCL (something that we cant afford to miss out). And the player want to join us. that is why we can do that calmly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)