Paul Pogba (46 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

United#7

May 30, 2017
With Atleti's transfer ban upheld, word out now is that United has cooled their interest for Griezmann and we are supposedly looking for a #9 instead. Could be a blessing in disguise for Pogba as it could very well lead to us building around him for the long term. I still think he's best suited to a 433 or 3412 (as one of the 8s) formation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With Atleti's transfer ban upheld, word out now is that United has cooled their interest for Griezmann and we are supposedly looking for a #9 instead. Could be a blessing in disguise for Pogba as it could very well lead to us building around him for the long term. I still think he's best suited to a 433 or 3412 (as one of the 8s) formation.
hes best suited for a formation that uses 3 CMs, so 352, 4312, 4321, 433, and playing as the most attacking CM of the 3

United#7

May 30, 2017
hes best suited for a formation that uses 3 CMs, so 352, 4312, 4321, 433, and playing as the most attacking CM of the 3
I quite like Mou's 3412 that we saw towards the end of the year with the libero almost acting as a CM (and the WBs playing the entire length of the pitch), giving Pogba some freedom to roam. Dunno if we'll stick with that, but definitely agree that he's best suited for a formation with 3 CMs.

As for him being the most attacking CM of the 3, while I agree with it now, I think he has potential to be a genuine B2B beast like Keane/Vieira/Vidal. He certainly has the motor, physicality and skill for it, not to mention his long passing is exquisite and will be wasted in an advanced role. He just needs the positional sense and maturity to grow into the role.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't think I ever see Pogba as a true box to box like the guys you mentioned. He doesn't have any intensity or desire to track back a lot and I doubt he changes. Maybe he can be like Lampard but I think he likes staying forward

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly like ALC said, he has the potential and physicality to be an excellent btb player who is WC both ways, but hes a lazy defender and his unwillingness to put in that extra effort will never make a guy like Vidal or Nainggolan out of him. He does have great long range passing but thats best used in transition anyway when the forwards are pushing up and there is space in the oppositions defense. Besides, he can always drop back in posession to create if the other CMs are closed down

United#7

May 30, 2017
Can see where both of you are coming from as he doesn't show the desire to do the dirty work like those three did. He shows flashes of how good he can be on defense whenever he feels like it, but his effort levels fluctuates as the game progresses, and that sucks as he does have all the tools to be a phenomenal B2B. Can't even compare him yet to Lampard, who had great positional awareness and reading of the game, as well as crazy end product (think he had 5 straight 20 goal seasons and a couple of 20g/20a seasons).

Easy to forget how young he still is though, so I do reserve some hope that his game still has a lot of room for improvement.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Can see where both of you are coming from as he doesn't show the desire to do the dirty work like those three did. He shows flashes of how good he can be on defense whenever he feels like it, but his effort levels fluctuates as the game progresses, and that sucks as he does have all the tools to be a phenomenal B2B. Can't even compare him yet to Lampard, who had great positional awareness and reading of the game, as well as crazy end product (think he had 5 straight 20 goal seasons and a couple of 20g/20a seasons).

Easy to forget how young he still is though, so I do reserve some hope that his game still has a lot of room for improvement.
That's a good point, I don't see him putting up Lampard numbers now that I think of how prolific he was. Just meant style wise. He's going to develop his shot more with age and he'll be the kind of player that sprays passes ala Lampard is what I meant.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Central midfield: MIRALEM PJANIC
When you sell your best midfielder for a world record fee, what do you do? You buy your main rival's best midfielder, of course. Juve have not missed Paul Pogba because they spent a third of the £89m on Pjanic, whose mix of tough tackles, cool-headed ball control and eye for a pass has made him far more impressive than Manchester's dabber-in-chief this season.
From Daily Mail

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

You guys got a shitty midfield, and you bought two players who only excell if they are carried by awesome players.

If you got Verratti or Modric instead of Pogba, you'd have won the premier league.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
United probably underachieved a bit this season, but their squad is woeful in some areas. A coach that's fantastic at masking these flaws by creating a strong unit, like Conte or Simeone might have challenged for the title, but this is not Mourinho's fault.
Wat?

How is it not Mourinho's fault? He's at the richest club in the world, they broke the transfer world record, got a top 5 striker in the world for free, got Bundesliga player of the year Mikhitaryan, and Bailly who they all seem to think is the best CB in the EPL.

This isn't Italy where the Sporting director goes and buys players and the coach has to figure out how to use them. Mourinho gets to choose his own targets. He chose to buy those players and spend a ridiculous fee on Pogba when they could have brought in 2-3 players for that fee to strengthen more areas that needed work. He chose to sit still in January when they were still easily in contention for 2nd place.

It is his fault he took 9 months to figure out how to get Pogba to play well. It is his fault he never figured out how to use the Armenian. It is his fault for misusing Martial so badly that he stunk to high heaven. It is his fault for becoming too dependent on Zlatan and not rotating enough. And it is his fault they finished 6th. Just like it was his fault for the epic collapse of Chelsea last year,

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wat?

How is it not Mourinho's fault? He's at the richest club in the world, they broke the transfer world record, got a top 5 striker in the world for free, got Bundesliga player of the year Mikhitaryan, and Bailly who they all seem to think is the best CB in the EPL.

This isn't Italy where the Sporting director goes and buys players and the coach has to figure out how to use them. Mourinho gets to choose his own targets. He chose to buy those players and spend a ridiculous fee on Pogba when they could have brought in 2-3 players for that fee to strengthen more areas that needed work. He chose to sit still in January when they were still easily in contention for 2nd place.

It is his fault he took 9 months to figure out how to get Pogba to play well. It is his fault he never figured out how to use the Armenian. It is his fault for misusing Martial so badly that he stunk to high heaven. It is his fault for becoming too dependent on Zlatan and not rotating enough. And it is his fault they finished 6th. Just like it was his fault for the epic collapse of Chelsea last year,
yeah, i remember him saying regularly that he needs 4 players to complete the team, and when he got the last one in Pogba he said that he got everything he wanted. will be fun to see where he wastes his 200M budget this summer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)