Paul Pogba (34 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
We sold a player for too little once again no doubt about it. We overpay and under sell. It's the Marotta way.

We brought in some great players but we paid big. A few free transfers and some buy out clauses made it possible. After this Poga deal they dont seem like the great pieces of business they did before.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah. We overpaid for Dybala, for Pjanic, for Alex Sandro, for Vidal, for Tevez... :lol:

Even better, we overpaid for Pirlo, Pogba, Barza, Alves, Evra, Llorente, etc.

Marotta always overpays. :lol:
None were cheap apart from Vidal and most if not all were great opportunitys and free transfers.

We paid big money for Dybala and activated Pjanic's buy out clause.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
None were cheap apart from Vidal and most if not all were great opportunitys and free transfers.

We paid big money for Dybala and activated Pjanic's buy out clause.
:lol:

Marotta has overpaid as far as value of a player goes, literally once in 5 years. Higuain. He never overpays.

You can argue he undersells, but saying he always overpays is one of the most inane things I've read on this forum.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Very good player but huge question marks over his mentality.

Do you think a C. Ronaldo would give up on a chance to go for the CL to go to the Europa league?

His ego has got in the way and he has chased money/marketing over football at least for the short term.

I'm sorry to see him leave but his recent antics make it much more bearable. I really didn't care for the smirk on his face in his goodbye video.

I think Marotta has got it wrong too, I know it is a world record fee but it could be higher, especially given the difference in price to Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the 75m profit not just a relation to the 'Gain on Sale' in pure accounting terms, rather than profit?

I.e. we value the player in our accounts at 30m and sold him at 105m, leading to a 75m gain.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Very good player but huge question marks over his mentality.

Do you think a C. Ronaldo would give up on a chance to go for the CL to go to the Europa league?

His ego has got in the way and he has chased money/marketing over football at least for the short term.

I'm sorry to see him leave but his recent antics make it much more bearable. I really didn't care for the smirk on his face in his goodbye video.

I think Marotta has got it wrong too, I know it is a world record fee but it could be higher, especially given the difference in price to Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the 75m profit not just a relation to the 'Gain on Sale' in pure accounting terms, rather than profit?

I.e. we value the player in our accounts at 30m and sold him at 105m, leading to a 75m gain.
We sold Money dab ho's cause he wanted to get away from juventus
We were forced to give back Morata, a respectfull lad.

In return we got

Higuain, Pjanic, Alves, Pjaca, Benatia. Talks for Matic

But lets fucking nag about where that 25mil comes from

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We sold Money dab ho's cause he wanted to get away from juventus
We were forced to give back Morata, a respectfull lad.

In return we got

Higuain, Pjanic, Alves, Pjaca, Benatia. Talks for Matic

But lets $#@!ing nag about where that 25mil comes from
What are you talking about?

Where in my post do I nag about 25m? Where do I question why we sold Pogba or Morata?

As a fan, I'd like to understand where the 75m economic gain comes from because that is a big amount of cash and I'd be interested in how it is calculated. Nothing more/less.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
At the end of the day, Money Dab ho's wanted to absolutely get away from Juventus, and we got a world record fee for it.

Thats all that matters.
Don't get me wrong. I think Pogba is a very talented player, but I can't see him ever winning Balon d'Or with 12 goals and 12 assists per season. We got a record break deal for a CM and not some crazy attacker like Neymar, Ronaldo or Suarez.

I would like him here if he is fully concentrated providing for the team, but if he is not... good riddance.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And the meek shall inherit the earth...
You what perturbs me the most about this deal?

It's not the 110 vs 120 million debate
It's not the "he wanted out" "we wanted to sell"
It's not even the notion that we paid the commission on this transfer.

But if the rumors are true that we actually gave Pogba 5 million to buy a house?

Isn't that like offering to buy condoms for your wife so that she can cheat on you safely?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:lol:

The Juventus buying him a house thing just sounds too unbelievable. I don't believe that for a second for now. Would have to see it confirmed, and even then I would have to look two, three times and pinch my arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, does anyone know if we owned 100 % of Pogba's player rights? Or did we own 75 % and Raiola 25 % ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)