Paul Pogba (217 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And I think you're exaggerating the effects of losing Pogba.

And this is coming from a guy who thought Pogba was the best midfielder in football for the last 2-3 months of this past season.

If we get a couple mids, say Herrera and Matic, or something along those lines, I think this team is improved.

Adding into the starting XI:

Herrera + Matic + Higuain + Alves

makes us better than this season with:

Mandzukic/Morata + Pogba

It's all hypothetical though. We don't know Pogba is leaving. We don't know what mids we would replace him with, and so on. Wait and see is the best option now. Either way, I refuse to meltdown this summer. I did that enough last summer, between losing a CL final, and losing the core of our midfield and attack. :p
Stop stealing my shit, man :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And I think you're exaggerating the effects of losing Pogba.

And this is coming from a guy who thought Pogba was the best midfielder in football for the last 2-3 months of this past season.

If we get a couple mids, say Herrera and Matic, or something along those lines, I think this team is improved.

Adding into the starting XI:

Herrera + Matic + Higuain + Alves

makes us better than this season with:

Mandzukic/Morata + Pogba

It's all hypothetical though. We don't know Pogba is leaving. We don't know what mids we would replace him with, and so on. Wait and see is the best option now. Either way, I refuse to meltdown this summer. I did that enough last summer, between losing a CL final, and losing the core of our midfield and attack. :p
Let's not forget Alves in 2nd setup and I disagree.

Morata/Mandzo Pogba Alves > Higuain Herrera Matic Alves

Matic is significant downgrade to Pogba, almost as much as Mandzo is to Higgs. But we wouldn't have to change set up, which has been our strength over the years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let's not forget Alves in 2nd setup and I disagree.

Morata Mandzo Pogba Alves > Higuain Herrera Matic Alves

Matic is significant downgrade to Pogba, almost as much as Mandzo is to Higgs. But we wouldn't have to change set up, which has been our strength over the years.
You can't include Morata and Mandzu. It's one or the other :p

I don't think we have to change formation at all, either. Herrera would be a fantastic Pogba replacement. Obviously a step down in quality, but a fantastic signing nevertheless. Which is why we probably won't get him :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The problem is that you can't just replace player like Pogba without changing formation. He's equally good in both phases of the game. His average amount of tackles and interceptions per game is of the DM of the highest quality and he regularly assists and scores in addition to that.

I think you slightly over rate Paul
Okay Andrea

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
To me, It's only a good job if they take the money left over from this sale minus the Higuain purchase and use it towards replenishing the midfield with a Box to Box , and a Defensive Midfielder.

That, combined with Higuain, Pjanic, Alves, Benatia, and Pjaca would lend one to say "good job"

Herrera and Matic, or a package similar to this, and I will be absolutely over the moon with this Mercato, in spite of losing 2 of my favorite players from last year's squad
Nah higuain purchase is not good job yet, how we replace him are other transaction to be treated individually, and if course at the end of the Mercato we will see the big picture.

Ahmedou

Oct 20, 2007
We can't replace Pogs with a player of the same quality. Simply because there is none who offers as much variety, technique and stamania.

But we can get better with alternative system. Higuain will hugely uppgrade our striking abilites. And Alves is already an uppgrade on Licht.

We need to keep Cuadrado and get another creative midfielder. If there is enough moeny to bring in Witsel as well, it would be good. But not the most important. We have many good CM with Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah, Pjanic... We need a real trequartista. My choice would be Draxler.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Not at all. He had 21 g&a last season and averages 2.2 tackles, 1.4 interceptions. According to some here Mascherano is the worlds best DM and he had 2.6 tackles and 2.2 interceptions.
Ok, for startes you shouldn't interpret/present some numbers or facts in the way that suits your argument. Mascherano averaged this numbers while playing as a CB and not as a DM, you can check his stats from his last Liverpool season and you will see what world-class DM stats look like, and is way above 2.2/1.4 that you have mentioned above.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
People are changing their tunes. Now he's overrated and won't be missed that much
They try to cope :D

Before Higuain's news became serious, I thought no player would be worth fighting for if 1) they wanna go and 2) we get 120m in return. Now that we're paying +90m for Higuain, i just don't think Pogba's deal is that good a deal anymore :sad:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Before Higuain's news became serious, I thought no player would be worth fighting for if 1) they wanna go and 2) we get 120m in return. Now that we're paying +90m for Higuain, i just don't think Pogba's deal is that good a deal anymore :sad:
I think that if you are looking at it in that context, then no, player for player it probably isn't.

But I think that if you were to take a poll and say to them "We are going to lose Pogba and Morata, but we are going to get Alves, Pjaca, Pjanic, Higuain, and Benatia, and still be in the black, or close to it"

I think a lot of people would be cool with that. It's just that the two biggest transfers are happening virtually simultaneously to one another, so it probably skews the big picture a little.

And if Juve were to somehow get another couple of midfielders, given that either Mandzukic or Zaza, plus Pererya are most likely going to be sold, then I think the general consensus would be that this team has improved over last year's model. Which I think is the logical wish of any of us.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ok, for startes you shouldn't interpret/present some numbers or facts in the way that suits your argument. Mascherano averaged this numbers while playing as a CB and not as a DM, you can check his stats from his last Liverpool season and you will see what world-class DM stats look like, and is way above 2.2/1.4 that you have mentioned above.
I don't use stats from kick and rush league, where one Kante has 5 tackles and 4 interceptions per game. The number of unforced errors per game is off the charts, which has impact on defensive stats of players.

Busquets 2.9 tackles, 1.9 interceptions
Radja 1.8, 1.2

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

It was never a good deal for me in the first place. He's only going to increase in value, so a sale now is not getting the most out of him.

And I'm no Higuain fan, but I can see the benefits of having a reliable goal scorer in the team in our quest to win CL. Maybe we can make it out of the group stage without suffering for once :D

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We can't replace Pogs with a player of the same quality. Simply because there is none who offers as much variety, technique and stamania.

But we can get better with alternative system. Higuain will hugely uppgrade our striking abilites. And Alves is already an uppgrade on Licht.

We need to keep Cuadrado and get another creative midfielder. If there is enough moeny to bring in Witsel as well, it would be good. But not the most important. We have many good CM with Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah, Pjanic... We need a real trequartista. My choice would be Draxler.
I can't do this again... Why? Why did u bring Draxler here? This is a new meltdown, don't mixed with last year meltdown cuz it would remind us that we did pass Draxler and get Hernanes instead :sergio:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think that if you are looking at it in that context, then no, player for player it probably isn't.

But I think that if you were to take a poll and say to them "We are going to lose Pogba and Morata, but we are going to get Alves, Pjaca, Pjanic, Higuain, and Benatia, and still be in the black, or close to it"

I think a lot of people would be cool with that. It's just that the two biggest transfers are happening virtually simultaneously to one another, so it probably skews the big picture a little.

And if Juve were to somehow get another couple of midfielders, given that either Mandzukic or Zaza, plus Pererya are most likely going to be sold, then I think the general consensus would be that this team has improved over last year's model. Which I think is the logical wish of any of us.
What worries me the most is that that there is a lot of changes. A lot of changes even for the better wont go down well for stability and our initial first part of the season. Were ok for serie A, as weve proven we came back, but whats to say this doesnt affect our CL performances in group stages.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Nah higuain purchase is not good job yet, how we replace him are other transaction to be treated individually, and if course at the end of the Mercato we will see the big picture.
But losing two 23yo WC potential player (whom could be top 5 in their position next decade) it makes so god damn hard to picture it... Let's trust Beppe and Paratici on this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 200)