Paul Pogba (19 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Who are today's Buffon, Nedved and Thuram?
Noone.There are no such players on the market.When guru Moggi suggests Herrera and names like Witsel or Matic are being thrown around you know things are bad...That's why it's better to keep Pogba than force ourselves into selling him just because "you cant deny 120 million) (bullshit,Barca wouldnt sell Messi for even for a billion)...Just grow some balls and KEEP HIM.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Obviously the narrative will change as soon as he leaves Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO he's better not so high up the pitch. He just doesn't want to admit it and prefers a more hollywood style. For me he played his best games for France in the Euro's when he was played in a more withdrawn role in a 4-2-3-1. He doesn't prefer it, but if he gets his head right he'll know its his best position.
No way. I think even for juve he plays too far away from the goal. Pogba's best is in his decisive attacking moments and instinct.
I would play him even closer to the forwards. One of his best games was away to Bayern, where he played almost as second striker in the first half.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
So the minute Di Marzio reports that Agnelli is in contact with Jorge Mendez to Secure Andre Gomes as pogba's replacement, Gomes has officially become a barca player :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I keep reading united fans talking about his marketability and how much money the club will make from him. That money doesn't go in your pockets you muppets. Being a wealthy club and playing in the Europa league gives you about as much credibility as a rich fat person in an all you can eat buffet.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Please god let Real get back in this. I have no problem dealing with Real as they have players I want in return.

A weak United is just a slap in the face right now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Henry was a winger before becoming a striker. You'll never know if you don't try.
thats a very bad comparison. Allow me to explain why i think so :

Excellent SS skillset : Beeing able to get past/away from/trough/around a couple of players on a very small space, after which they'll pass/combine/shoot at goal. You'd need excellent close controll and short dribbels/turning/magic, a burst of pace for about 10 meters, excellent passing and one touch passing and vision, great shot at goal.

Excellent Winger (wide or inside fw) : Beeing able to beat fewer opponents near the side of the field, but get past them and stay past them, be able to dribble at speed and keep a close controll whilst making a burst into space, be able to go wide and get a cross in, or cut in and shoot, pass or combine. You'd need excellent dribbeling and pace+stamina, ability to cross or shoot (inside fw)

Dybala has excellent close controll and trickery to get away from players and a good burst of speed for 15meters max. His sustained speed isnt great, he's good at shielding of the ball for beeing in the middle (you only need to stay on the ball and can bove 360°. He'd be a poor wide player. There his sustained speed is too low, stamina too poor, he'd be muscled off the ball cause of these issues. He'd lose all that good game he has centrally

Pjaca is an example of a good winger. His close controll dribbels arent nearly as good as dybala, but he's amazing at 1v1 or 1v2 take-on's, he's fast and you cant muscle him off the ball, he'll cut inside at pace and agility or go wide and cross, and actually has a decent shot.
He doesnt has the vision and genius a central playmaking cam/ss has.

Beeing able to play 'forward' is completely different. Yeah, no one knows if you can play the position well untill you played there, but you can get an idea on how good a player is at finishing before you try it.

However, while there indeed are alot of things of "you'll never know if you dont try" in this case, its absolutely not the same as with Dybala. Its exceptionally easy to know why he's not suited as a winger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)