Paul Pogba (63 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I don't see why how much he is getting should be an issue for any of you. If the management wants to give him 20 million even, so be it. It's not as if any of you are paying his wages :D
Exactly...if the management feel that giving 20 year old wonderkid Pogba 4 million a year is in line with our finances, they will do it. If we can only afford to give him 3 for now, they will offer him three and bonuses. If 24 year old Pogba is still here and wants 7 million a year, and is the best midfielder in the world, we will give it to him. You guys are fucking ridiculous sometimes

Buy on AliExpress.com

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Pogba: «Vado al Mondiale grazie al mio club»

Il talento francese: «Se vado in Brasile con la mia Nazionale devo ringraziare la Juventus e la fiducia che mi ha dato Conte

:sheik:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pogba is the key centerpiece to the future of this club. This squad, in the next few years, will be built around his strengths and talent as a player.

You want to lock him down for the next 5 years at 4 million per? Absolutely.

It boggles my mind how people can't see that this kid could be the next Juve legend for this team. Look at what he is doing already at the age of 20.

Del Piero wasn't doing this at the age of 20. Neither were Buffon, Baggio or Nedved for that matter.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Pogba is the key centerpiece to the future of this club. This squad, in the next few years, will be built around his strengths and talent as a player.

It boggles my mind how people can't see that this kid could be the next Juve legend for this team. Look at what he is doing already at the age of 20.

Del Piero wasn't doing this at the age of 20. Neither were Buffon, Baggio or Nedved for that matter.
Interesting words
Yes, 4 mils for sa 20 years old is shocking. But i think that deserves the benefit of doubt.
He is obviously looking more than promising, and seems to be a cool centered guy, not a spoiled genius like Cassano was.

Its rare for a youngster like him to be trusted with so much responsability at club and national level. Very rare

Nov 17, 2012
Sir Alex must be feeling a little miffed, witnessing what PolpoBOOM is doing here at Juve, especially in hindsight that currently, Man U are a little low in stock in reference to the midfield department.. Especially now with Carrick injured (as unspectacular as he is, he is a silent work-horse, a less skilled Marchisio if you will), and that deficiency is looking more and more like a gaping chasm.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005

:tup:

54 appearances, 10 goals for us so far. All that at the age of 20. Wow. Just Wow.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Only disagree on the last part, Del Piero and Buffon were very special at 20.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Only disagree on the last part, Del Piero and Buffon were very special at 20.

They did not have the impact that Pogba has had at the age of 20.

Neither one of them forced their way into the starting XI for their national teams by that age.

Buffon had a smattering of appearances and Del Piero wasn't even on the radar for the NT at that time.

What Juventus have in their hands with Pogba is something very special and unique. To have a midfielder with that combination of size, pace, and skill is downright scary

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They did not have the impact that Pogba has had at the age of 20.

Neither one of them forced their way into the starting XI for their national teams by that age.

Buffon had a smattering of appearances and Del Piero wasn't even on the radar for the NT at that time.

What Juventus have in their hands with Pogba is something very special and unique. To have a midfielder with that combination of size, pace, and skill is downright scary
Consider who they were up against for their NTs at the time. Italy had Baggio, Signori and Zola in Del Piero's position, for Buffon read Pagliuca and Marchegiani. With respect to this France squad Pogba's competition of Sissoko, Cabaye, Matuidi, Mavuba, Capoue, Kondogbia and the like aren't even in the same league, at least not at this moment in time.

I'm pretty certain Buffon and Del Piero aged 20 would also make the current Italy squad. Serie A, Juventus, Parma and the Nazionale were a lot stronger in 1994 and 1998 than they are now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Huh? And no, Peluso is not good enough to start for us.

He's ok as a sub in a back 4. Nothing more.
Never said he was good enough to start for Juve regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba is a good player, but far from a keyplayer.

He brings something extra, but isnt a pillar for the team.
Don't know how you define 'key player'.

You're right in saying that he's a good player just now (obviously there is huge potential, but that doesn't mean he's more than a good player just now).

If Marchisio was playing better - I gather he was very good for Italy, so I'll be interested to see if that's him back properly - Pogba wouldn't be a key player just now, but with Marchisio struggling Pogba has become pretty important for Juve this season.

There is also the matter of Pogba being capable of the spectacular. Now, there are times when his attempting difficult (virtually impossible) things is harmful to Juve, but, with a lot of Juve's play looking laboured for a fair chunk of the season, Pogba's ability to produce the spectacular and very consistently make a difference in the final third has been extremely valuable.

I still think Juve play better football in general with Marchisio in the team than they do with Pogba, but you just can't dismiss a player who is contributing so much in terms of goals and assists.

So, my answer is an in-betweeny sort of one:

If everyone at Juve was in form and the team was functioning as it would have been hoped it would function, Pogba wouldn't be a key player, but an extremely useful option.

With Juve not playing as well as would have been hoped at the start of the season, you would have to say that Pogba has been key to Juve getting results without the team playing very well as a whole.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Don't understand why I even bother reading any of your bs posts from time to time, but this is the biggest pile of crap that anyone has written since I've joined. If you really see football this way then I can only feel sorry for you and your tactical expertise.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Don't understand why I even bother reading any of your bs posts from time to time, but this is the biggest pile of crap that anyone has written since I've joined. If you really see football this way then I can only feel sorry for you and your tactical expertise.
:kiss:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 62)