Paul Pogba (90 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Zach, here are the games this season where pogba was instrumental in:
supercoppa he scored the first and assisted another, effectively winning the match thanks to his opener.
-against parma he scored the winning goal.
-againt torino he scored the winner
-against sampdaoria he assisted the winner
-againt madrid he won the penalty.

if this doesnt count as winning games by himself i don't know what does.

no, because marchisio will never perform on this consistent level ever. and by the small chance that he does it will be form based, not skill level based, so a significant raise it not an issue.
Compelling examples, over to you Zach. Put this "peasant" back into his box.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
People are overrating the current level of pogba a bit.

Its not like he is single handedly winning us games, carrying the team, like pirlo and tevez have been doing

You guys need to realise the consequences this would set. If marchisio starts to perform better then pogba, should he get a raise aswel ?
He's been playing some great football this season and deserves to get paid according to his status in the team and his importance to the club. No one is single handedly winning games for us, hence we aren't paying anyone 250K a week. Only pirlo carried the team and when he did we already luckily had him on a cheaper wage because of his age and we got him on a free.

If marchiso is playing better and his contract negotiations come up then we'll have to pay him according to his level. We aren't negotiating contracts every week ffs, this is not how it works.

What I see is a youngster playing great football, in our top 3 performers for the season, with bags of ability and potential, starting for us on all levels and bossing around some of the best players in the world. His worth to the team is that of a starter that's performing great and we should pay him accordingly. If you think its any different then that's your fault not his, conte's or the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba has not yet done enough to warrant a 4mil wage.

Other players have played much better in the past 3 years and earned less.

Look, when he is actually consistantly performing an making the diffrence, then sure, give it

But seriously, he is not yet the central figure. Barzagli, vidal, pirlo, tevez,(buffon),(chiellini) those are the lynchpin's of our current formation, they are the keyplayers.
We're not in the last three years, we're in the present. He's consistently performing and has made the difference at times. He's been one of the central figures this season, and showed signs last season that he could. He's a keyplayer, why tha fuck you think he starts over you BF in midfield?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hey fancy pants, watch your words i havent insulted you (yet) so lets keep it like that and stick to the topic instead of pesky responses

Also, my "BF" would be asamoah, who we currently arent talking about.

Now about what you said, Pogba isnt bossing the best players of the world around at all. He's doing extremely good for his age and is improving at a very fast rate.
Hence, if anything people were complaining half of the league games that he was having a lesser game.

Really, if i read that post of yours, then i'm thinking i see a 26+year old nedved or zidane in action.

About the pesky comment : Pogba started because marchisio was injured. That performance at the azzurri is better then any game pogba played so far. Lets see how it goes

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He's been playing some great football this season and deserves to get paid according to his status in the team and his importance to the club. No one is single handedly winning games for us, hence we aren't paying anyone 250K a week. Only pirlo carried the team and when he did we already luckily had him on a cheaper wage because of his age and we got him on a free.

If marchiso is playing better and his contract negotiations come up then we'll have to pay him according to his level. We aren't negotiating contracts every week ffs, this is not how it works.

What I see is a youngster playing great football, in our top 3 performers for the season, with bags of ability and potential, starting for us on all levels and bossing around some of the best players in the world. His worth to the team is that of a starter that's performing great and we should pay him accordingly. If you think its any different then that's your fault not his, conte's or the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not in the last three years, we're in the present. He's consistently performing and has made the difference at times. He's been one of the central figures this season, and showed signs last season that he could. He's a keyplayer, why tha fuck you think he starts over you BF in midfield?
How about Ravel Morrison though?

Jan 5, 2011
Hey fancy pants, watch your words i havent insulted you (yet) so lets keep it like that and stick to the topic instead of pesky responses

Now about what you said, Pogba isnt bossing the best players of the world around at all. He's doing extremely good for his age and is improving at a very fast rate.
Hence, if anything people were complaining half of the league games that he was having a lesser game.

Really, if i read that post of yours, then i'm thinking i see a 26+year old nedved or zidane in action.

About the pesky comment : Pogba started because marchisio was injured. That performance at the azzurri is better then any game pogba played so far. Lets see how it goes
LOL, I didn't watch the game but Marchiso must be extremely tactical awareness in this match. Now the international break is over, you will find your favorite player if u look at the bench.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Zach, here are the games this season where pogba was instrumental in:
supercoppa he scored the first and assisted another, effectively winning the match thanks to his opener.
-against parma he scored the winning goal.
-againt torino he scored the winner
-against sampdaoria he assisted the winner
-againt madrid he won the penalty.

if this doesnt count as winning games by himself i don't know what does.

no, because marchisio will never perform on this consistent level ever. and by the small chance that he does it will be form based, not skill level based, so a significant raise it not an issue.
Take his goals away and he still has been our top 3 players. Goals are important but thats not his job and he still outperforms most of the team. When u add his goal scoring to it it's safe to say he has probably been our best player he has no weaknesses right now. It would be crazy not to give him the 4 million he deserves imo. Keep him happy here and he will get better and better if he wants to leave in the future that is not a problem because we will get mega money for him. The only situation we will lose in is if we dont give him that contract and he is not happy then. That will create a lot of problems in the future especially with Mino Raiola as his agent. It makes complete sense to give him that contract right now he deserves it.

- - - Updated - - -

DC, Peluso, Ogbonna, Chiellini, Asamoah.
DC - not good enough, Peluso - not good enough - Ogbonna would be playing out of position and there are better players to play LB than him, Chiellini - would be playing out of position and there are better players to play LB than him, Asamoah - would be playing out of position and there are better players to play LB than him.

So we still dont have a left back when u look at it realistically. We are aiming to be a top European club to do that u cant take short cuts.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013

Didn't you see him vs madrid? Vs napoli? Haven't u seen him vs spain? Oh, the best players around don't play for those sides?

He isn't doing extremely good for his age, he's playing at a very high level.

Because hasn't been injured for a long time now, doesn't look like things are changing. Didn't see the Azzurri game but I'm sure it wasn't half as good as you claim. Better than any Pogba performance? Hahaha, he doesn't have the talent to do such.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
DC - not good enough, Peluso - not good enough - Ogbonna would be playing out of position and there are better players to play LB than him, Chiellini - would be playing out of position and there are better players to play LB than him, Asamoah - would be playing out of position and there are better players to play LB than him.

So we still dont have a left back when u look at it realistically. We are aiming to be a top European club to do that u cant take short cuts.
Oh my.. The old left back question.. It's rather simple IMO. Either you choose a left back based on defending qualities or on offensive qualities.

Defending LBs:
Chiellini
Ogbonna
Peluso
De Ceglie

Attacking LBs:
Asamoah

It comes down to what formation you play and what players you field in the other positions. If Pogba or Marchisio (LCM) is given freedom to attack a lot you'd need a defending left back. If the LCM play box to box as of now, you could use an attacking LB ala Asamoah.
A left back with equally good defending and attacking abilities are very rare. Those are easily to be considered "world class" in their position.

(and it's not like Asamoah can't defend either. In fact i find him superior to both De Ceglie and Peluso)

Apr 29, 2006
I would actually count DC as a more attacking left back. He's just not very good at it
I wouldn't count De Ceglie as a professional player. At the center of each professional player is his 'profession', De Ceglie doesn't help the team, doesn't play, doesn't give us needed depth... He is a mascot with a football license and a fat salary.

TopPog

Nov 19, 2013
I think Pogba deserves a salary of EUR 3m with the promise of an improved contract in 12 months if he maintains his rapid progression. Then we can put him on 4m and 5m the year after if necessary. The key with a player like Pogba, especially with Raiola involved is to keep renewing his contract regularly and make sure he always have 4-5 years remaining on his contract, so he can’t run his down his contract, and whoever comes in for him has to pay top dollar.

If Raiola and Pogba start getting greedy and asking for 5-6m now, then either sell him next summer or renew his contract and sell him after a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 69)