Paul Pogba (130 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
No i'm serious. If we look from a squad point of view, there is hot prospect pogba who would be getting a massive wage (relative to squad wages), after 1 year at the club, and whilst he improves, expontentially, he's not even a confirmed starter.
Sure, when marchisio was injured, but he's back and after that international performance ? Not so sure. And Marchisio tends to play much better when he feels the competition.

Basically, Marchisio is an idol to MANY italian juve fans. He's the icon that came trough the yought department, is a keyplayer for the azzurri.
And then you give this promising kid a wage thats 25% higher then his ?

Nope, thats something you just dont do.
:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
No i'm serious. If we look from a squad point of view, there is hot prospect pogba who would be getting a massive wage (relative to squad wages), after 1 year at the club, and whilst he improves, expontentially, he's not even a confirmed starter.
Sure, when marchisio was injured, but he's back and after that international performance ? Not so sure. And Marchisio tends to play much better when he feels the competition.

Basically, Marchisio is an idol to MANY italian juve fans. He's the icon that came trough the yought department, is a keyplayer for the azzurri.

I want to say two things:

first of all, Pogba has played the most minutes out of all the players except buffon I think. No can say he is not a starter anymore. I dont care what his status was at the begining of the season. He has been too instrumental in too many games to say otherwise. proof is he can still play bad and come up with a goal here or an assit there.

2nd of all, How much was Messi earning when he was 20 or 21 compared to say Xavi, Ronaldinho, Puyol? clubs pay players what they deem them worth.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
I want to say two things:

first of all, Pogba has played the most minutes out of all the players except buffon I think. No can say he is not a starter anymore. I dont care what his status was at the begining of the season. He has been too instrumental in too many games to say otherwise. proof is he can still play bad and come up with a goal here or an assit there.

2nd of all, How much was Messi earning when he was 20 or 21 compared to say Xavi, Ronaldinho, Puyol? clubs pay players what they deem them worth.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How does marchisio come into play here? Why aren't people complaining about Llorente making more than him? Or Tevez, or Vidal? Such a bad argument. Pogba is way better than Marchisio and even took his place last season so don't give me that injured excuse.

Jul 20, 2012
How does marchisio come into play here? Why aren't people complaining about Llorente making more than him? Or Tevez, or Vidal? Such a bad argument. Pogba is way better than Marchisio and even took his place last season so don't give me that injured excuse.
took his place last season? Marchisio played more games try again

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
From what I remember, the second half of the season Marchisio was playing as a trequartista instead of midfield where Pogba was. From what I see, Pogba is a clear favorite and is much better. We all love Marchisio but pretending he's something he's not is not right. People were comparing him with Vidal back then too and they know better by now.

Jul 20, 2012
From what I remember, the second half of the season Marchisio was playing as a trequartista instead of midfield where Pogba was. From what I see, Pogba is a clear favorite and is much better. We all love Marchisio but pretending he's something he's not is not right. People were comparing him with Vidal back then too and they know better by now.
Playing is playing whether its in your favorite position or not they both played. Either way I dont understand also why Marchisio was brought into this conversation

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
For the sake of balance, he shouldnt make more then Marchisio.

3 mil is definatly good
What sort of nonsense is this? He's a better player contributing more to the team, but should earn less?

- - - Updated - - -

For the sake of balance, he shouldnt make more then Marchisio.

3 mil is definatly good
What sort of nonsense is this? He's a better player contributing more to the team, but should earn less?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
According to Conte : Young players with real talent do get time on the pitch. Just look at Paul Pogba, who is a first choice at Juventus at the age of 19.

Therefore Marchisio is officially a sub
Nothing wrong with that i think. Pogba is atalent worth the time given. He still has question marks in how far he can go as a player , but he is super promising, having an array of top clubs after him , rightly so.

So in the end if better for the team and for pogba to give him the minutes. Marchisio already showed what he can do thru the years.. now is Pogba´s turn-

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People are overrating the current level of pogba a bit.

Its not like he is single handedly winning us games, carrying the team, like pirlo and tevez have been doing

You guys need to realise the consequences this would set. If marchisio starts to perform better then pogba, should he get a raise aswel ?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

When did that ever happen? Marchisio not a single season with Juventus had any competition at all. He was even played out of position as a left winger.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When did that ever happen? Marchisio not a single season with Juventus had any competition at all. He was even played out of position as a left winger.
When conte arrived at juve and suddenly he had pirlo and vidal competing with him.

Forgot his scorching start to 2011/2012 season ?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pogba has not yet done enough to warrant a 4mil wage.

Other players have played much better in the past 3 years and earned less.

Look, when he is actually consistantly performing an making the diffrence, then sure, give it

But seriously, he is not yet the central figure. Barzagli, vidal, pirlo, tevez,(buffon),(chiellini) those are the lynchpin's of our current formation, they are the keyplayers.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Pogba has not yet done enough to warrant a 4mil wage.

Other players have played much better in the past 3 years and earned less.

Look, when he is actually consistantly performing an making the diffrence, then sure, give it

But seriously, he is not yet the central figure. Barzagli, vidal, pirlo, tevez,(buffon),(chiellini) those are the lynchpin's of our current formation, they are the keyplayers.
Agreed - but there is a counter argument that Pogba is an extremely rare talent that one would do well to hold on to and to do this you'd have to make special concessions. Maybe not 4m, but anywhere from 2-3 is reasonable.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
People are overrating the current level of pogba a bit.

Its not like he is single handedly winning us games, carrying the team, like pirlo and tevez have been doing

You guys need to realise the consequences this would set. If marchisio starts to perform better then pogba, should he get a raise aswel ?
Zach, here are the games this season where pogba was instrumental in:
supercoppa he scored the first and assisted another, effectively winning the match thanks to his opener.
-against parma he scored the winning goal.
-againt torino he scored the winner
-against sampdaoria he assisted the winner
-againt madrid he won the penalty.

if this doesnt count as winning games by himself i don't know what does.

no, because marchisio will never perform on this consistent level ever. and by the small chance that he does it will be form based, not skill level based, so a significant raise it not an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)