Paul Pogba (73 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The only way Pogba will still be worth 70m in a few seasons is if he has a monster season. As I said, way better than the rest in the world at his position.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pogba and he's a good player but the 70-80m price tag is bananas. That is almost Ronaldo to Real territory.

And at the end of the day, who are we losing really? United lost worlds best player, Tottenham lost their best player, Inter when they sold Ibra lost their best player and so did Juve more than 10 years ago with Zidane. This time we'll lose Pogba who could very well be replaced by Marchisio and Asamoah + whatever really good investments Marotta could make with 70m. I think it would have a more negative effect on us if we lost Vidal instead. But really, this Juventus has no player it relies on too much.

Just think it will be an oppurtunity lost.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
The only way Pogba will still be worth 70m in a few seasons is if he has a monster season. As I said, way better than the rest in the world at his position.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pogba and he's a good player but the 70-80m price tag is bananas. That is almost Ronaldo to Real territory.

And at the end of the day, who are we losing really? United lost worlds best player, Tottenham lost their best player, Inter when they sold Ibra lost their best player and so did Juve more than 10 years ago with Zidane. This time we'll lose Pogba who could very well be replaced by Marchisio and Asamoah + whatever really good investments Marotta could make with 70m. I think it would have a more negative effect on us if we lost Vidal instead. But really, this Juventus has no player it relies on too much.

Just think it will be an oppurtunity lost.
Watching our past 3 games I almost can't imagine us winning without Pogba. And the way he played when we took on Real Madrid at home :tuttosport: He's almost irreplaceable it seems..

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Raiola: "Pogba? Soon renewal with Juventus"

Mino Raiola, agent, among others, the Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has talked about the future of his client to the microphones of "Calciomercato.com": "The words of Al-Khelaifi (" For now we do not need Purchases ")? Did not I heard, I have been given and I said that if they do not want it there is no problem, it will remain at Juventus where he is fine. Future? With Marotta we met and we will meet soon to discuss the renewal of the contract. There is no reason to hurry, he's fine and wants to stay at Juventus in Turin for a long time. It' clear that a strong player as he is easy to market but at the moment there is no such intention. PSG is not a speech or other Team: I repeat, we will meet soon to extend the current contract (expires 2016, ed.) Psg I do not understand why there for you in Italy continues to pull Pogba to other teams other than Juventus. "

:tuttosport:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Ppl who want Pogba sold are the same ppl who were crying about Juve becoming a selling club when these reports surfaced.
Juve believe in keeping its stars and building a foundation with them.Its one of the key factors in taking a step towards ascending into the elite.
Thats what Bayern did yrs ago which got them to the position they are now.Thats what we'll do as well.We have to be patient.Good times in Europe are gonna come.
We dont need to get desperate here.Pogba is staying and he'll deliver top performances for us.He's only 20 afterall.
Im really happy to see the board putting full effort in retaining its top stars despite the league being in a shit state.Thats how its done peasands.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Ppl who want Pogba sold are the same ppl who were crying about Juve becoming a selling club when these reports surfaced.
Juve believe in keeping its stars and building a foundation with them.Its one of the key factors in taking a step towards ascending into the elite.
Thats what Bayern did yrs ago which got them to the position they are now.Thats what we'll do as well.We have to be patient.Good times in Europe are gonna come.
We dont need to get desperate here.Pogba is staying and he'll deliver top performances for us.He's only 20 afterall.
Im really happy to see the board putting full effort in retaining its top stars despite the league being in a $#@! state.Thats how its done peasands.
:tup:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The reason people say to sell Pogba is to improve the team overall. If we can do that without selling Pogba then do it.
Indeed. I love Pogba as much as the next Juve fan, and it will be great for us if he stays. I have, however, been positive to selling him for a very high amount if it could enable us to pursue 2-3 world class players and improve our squad overall. But him staying is definitely a win-situation as well. Hopefully he will sign a new deal with us, as these latest rumours suggest. Great news if true :tuttosport:

With Pogba still on board, we will need another strategy to get the other top players we need, but I'm sure there are other ways of doing it.

In :beppe: I trust.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If we can get Pogba to stay here for his whole carreer (which I very much doubt, but whatever), we can build a team around him for the next decade. Don't see many players out there about which I'd say the same.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Which 2-3 world class players exactly ?
I'm not Marotta, although sometimes I wish I were :D

I just have great faith that he (Beppe), with our initial transfer budget + 80 million from selling Pogba, would get us the players we need.

That said, keeping Pogba is just as good an alternative for us. He's a phenomenal player, well on his way of becoming world class. I always thought his sale looked more inevitable than it now seems to be. But now it looks as if he's gonna stay and that we will be able to enjoy seeing him in Juve colors for years to come, and that's wonderful news.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Jem but you still forget the wages it takes to lure those world class players.You talk about transfer fees but wages is just as important when balancing the budget.Say we go after 3 wc players,their wages would cost 3x more than the cost we have to bare with Pogba's new contract.So we have to think in that aspect too.
Realistically with that money,i see us doing a Napoli-esque market by overpaying for one world class player and get a few good to very good players.If that were to be the case,then id rather stay how we are,build on it by bringing some quality winger in,maybe two which probably can be financed through fringe and co-owned player sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 60)