Paul Pogba (34 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You have to be a blind Jogba fanboi to not see this.
Or just a Juve fan who hopes that his team's most talented player isn't finished. Just like Juve fans hope that Chiesa will be back to his 20/21 form, that Vlahovic is underperforming only because of Allegri, or that Fagioli is anything more than an Empoli level player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Or just a Juve fan who hopes that his team's most talented player isn't finished. Just like Juve fans hope that Chiesa will be back to his 20/21 form, that Vlahovic is underperforming only because of Allegri, or that Fagioli is anything more than an Empoli level player.
Is our academy producing any good young players or it is mostly hype?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Most of the generation of footballers born from 1991-1993 failed to reach their potential
Actually any generation after that as well. I partially blame regular sports media/then social media for hyping up players who were never really that good. Or maybe they were but the lack of focus when their attention is split between social media life and video games surely played a part.

Then there’s the money factor. Imagine a 21 yo player with enough money to last several lifetimes knowing that he can do fuck all for years and still be a desirable asset to many clubs, Pogba is a good example of that.

Aug 26, 2014
Actually any generation after that as well. I partially blame regular sports media/then social media for hyping up players who were never really that good. Or maybe they were but the lack of focus when their attention is split between social media life and video games surely played a part.

Then there’s the money factor. Imagine a 21 yo player with enough money to last several lifetimes knowing that he can do fuck all for years and still be a desirable asset to many clubs, Pogba is a good example of that.
The second part is so true

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

plus there's the insane calendar with all these physically and mentally tough matches. imagine playing 50 games per season, no wonder most of the players lose their initial motivation

and of course there's allegri. millions of careers ruined throughout decades. thank fuck maradona or zidane never had to deal with that

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
plus there's the insane calendar with all these physically and mentally tough matches. imagine playing 50 games per season, no wonder most of the players lose their initial motivation

and of course there's allegri. millions of careers ruined throughout decades. thank fuck maradona or zidane never had to deal with that
Absolutely. It’s too physically imposing these days and the amount of injuries show. It takes a toll on the modern player I’m sure, reason why I don’t think it’s just laziness. They’re also coming up in a different society where eyes are on you 24/7. To their defense the pressure must be immense.

But we also lost a lot of what was special about the talented players back then when the game became 90% physicality 10% skills. Hell, I’ll never get over the stupid idea that a center forward has to drop deep to help the defense or fast attacking players that can’t dribble.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You know what? I'll give them a bargain and do it for only €5M.
I'll do it for free for one year, just gimme the pinsoglio role and let me feature 2-3 minutes in our jersey in an official game. You know what's sad, i know a good 17 yo kid, he's trying and working so hard to be a pro player but i know he won't cut it. And i imagine there are 10s of not 100s millions of kids just like him. Truly anything given has no value.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'll do it for free for one year, just gimme the pinsoglio role and let me feature 2-3 minutes in our jersey in an official game. You know what's sad, i know a good 17 yo kid, he's trying and working so hard to be a pro player but i know he won't cut it. And i imagine there are 10s of not 100s millions of kids just like him. Truly anything given has no value.
This is why I loathe lazy fucks like Rabiot, or dumb retards like that Moroccan kid we have.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Most of the generation of footballers born from 1991-1993 failed to reach their potential
The 2010s in general were a very flat period of professional football imo. Excepting one or two standouts Italy and Netherlands both had a shitty generation. France's and Brazil's were both sub par. There seemed to be fewer surprise stars from lesser footballing nations, too. Instead of George Weah, Nedved and Henrik Larsson it was Pandev, Salah and Bale

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Physically imposing my ass, they have about 50 people and a dozen doctors making sure everything is ok with them. You just know pogba is a bona fide clown who is not doing the things he is supposed to do to be healthy at his age. Talent is sometimes a curse, and early success makes it even worse.
I don’t disagree they have much better medical equipment, treatments and general care these days but it doesn’t change the fact they do play more matches and the intensity/speed of the game itself is much higher than ever before.

And btw I’m not talking just about Pogba but in general, he is a clown.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Physically imposing my ass, they have about 50 people and a dozen doctors making sure everything is ok with them. You just know pogba is a bona fide clown who is not doing the things he is supposed to do to be healthy at his age. Talent is sometimes a curse, and early success makes it even worse.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

/Grandpa out

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don’t disagree they have much better medical equipment, treatments and general care these days but it doesn’t change the fact they do play more matches and the intensity/speed of the game itself is much higher than ever before.

That's because they have the best "supplements". But imho food, rest and physio are about 70% of the battle.

Jun 16, 2020

I don’t know man, sometimes seeing those old school highlights with kicks to the legs, bad fields and harder tackles probably outweighs the higher speed/intensity of nowadays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)