Paul Pogba (130 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Raiola earned €35m from the sale of Pogba. €25m was paid by Juve, €10m by Manchester United, according to GdS.:sergio:
That's disgraceful. But at the end of the day, Juventus received 75M or so. That's hardly a world record fee for Juventus. How much did Napoli net for Higuain?

This fee should have been more like 150M once it was all said and done.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's still whining to some extent. Repeating the same criticisms over and over for a couple weeks straight becomes whining.

I did it last summer. I disliked our transfer campaign a lot and "criticized" it and disagreed with it... But in the end it's a case of whether we trust a management that has done a fantastic job for 5 straight years or not.

I wouldn't say I'm not worried about certain things of this transfer market. I've already said so. I am worried that we have weakened our midfield's athleticism too much. I'm worried that Higuain might struggle in Europe...

But until I see these things happen on the pitch, I'm going to give our market moves the benefit of the doubt this year. I'll have my worries, sure. But there's no sense going on and on about how you think moves were terrible before even seeing how they play out.
By the time we can judge by what happens on the pitch, the discussions are no longer relevant.

But yeah, let's just Hakuna Matata and do a dutch slave ship. No negativity :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Poulsen was best

Even with the trannies and obese women some members fap over in the NSFW section?
ALC should be reason enough to scare people from this place
Expenses to intermediaries, including Raiola but surely not exclusively Raiola, expenses assosiated with negotiations (those can't be very high) and then i don't know...

But okay, then let's look at the numbers.

105 million are received, half in cash and half as a receivable, so the it has to be discounted. Also we have to take into account the book value of Pogba, which should be at 4,7 million €. Then there is the bonus of up to 5 million €, which has to be given some kind of value depending on the probability that the bonuses will be activated.

Let's assume that we discount the second installment with 10 % (The club will probably grow it's revenue around this mark as it did last year, even with a lower CL income). This means the amount received in present value is 99.75 million €, subtract his book value and we have a profit of ~ 95 million.
Then there is solidarity subsidies which account for around 3 million, then we are down to ~92 million. This means auxiliary expenses account for 19.4 million €. Even if Raiola gets everything, which i doubt, it's not 25. But it could be around 15 i guess. I am certain United pays him comission as well though, so he will earn a lot from this deal.
Around 10% for the agent is the norm no? If so 15m, while higher, isn't crazy.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
When we made this deal in 2012, it was on Raiola's terms. He brought him to us rather than us actively pushing for him. He offered Pogba to several clubs and we accepted it in the end. So we're probably just sticking to the agreement we had 4 years ago.

Now our appeal has changed. We don't or will not do those type of deals I.e buyback clause with Morata or agent % with Pogba in the future hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Christ you're a real fun guy to be around aren't you?
No. Just being real.

Don't bitch about it when we don't make a big signing. Our squad is nearly complete as it is.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When we made this deal in 2012, it was on Raiola's terms. He brought him to us rather than us actively pushing for him. He offered Pogba to several clubs and we accepted it in the end. So we're probably just sticking to the agreement we had 4 years ago.

Now our appeal has changed. We don't or will not do those type of deals I.e buyback clause with Morata or agent % with Pogba in the future hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Just being real.

Don't bitch about it when we don't make a big signing. Our squad is nearly complete as it is.
:tup:

I still see us buying Witsel, for better or worse...

Unless we can convince Real Madrid to loan Kovacic with option to buy.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
He's a good agent for Pogba's part, Juventus hustled United big time leaving Marotta looking like a genius. At the end of it all Better us than either Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish he had ended in one of the Milanese clubs and become the new niang and we had gone for Verratti instead.
It wouldn't been a 9 figure deal if that was the case

- - - Updated - - -

But for the sake of Serie A wish he did stay in the league

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)