Paul Pogba (186 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The loss of Pogba is eased by the additions of Higuain and Pjanic.

The attacking onus is no longer on the midfield. Their goal is simply to get the ball up the pitch. This is different than year's past. Without Higuain, the inclusion of a player like Pogba would be more important because he thrives when he is asked to create.

But he's not necessarily a player that can function optimally in a more team dynamic. I suspect this is always why Barca never was as hard for him as Madrid. You can see where Pogba fits more naturally, on a team like Madrid.

I think our ideal midfield should differ from the past couple years. Whereas it used to be more of a physical battering ram with dynamic players who preferred to run, I think nowadays a better midfield would be one very quick and efficient in possession, who can release the ball quickly. I'd favour more of a Spanish style midfield because our attack needs the ball quickly. For example, a player like Koke who is tactically smart, willing to run and quickly transition the attack to Higuain/Dybala is probably good enough for this team.

For me, Pogba is more of a loss in the marketing department and the potential department. Of course, on an individual basis he is one of the top CMs around already, but his loss is not back breaking for the team because, to be honest, he's not exactly a ball mover. And I don't think that tendency was improving, more regressing. There were moments last year you'd want him to just pass 5 metres sideways instead of carrying players. This is not necessarily a knee-jerk criticism of him because he's leaving, because those attributes are necessary, perhaps moreso in the past. But I think your team is always better off when you need to ask less of your CMs.

Of course if I had an option I would choose to keep Paul but football is always about the sum of your parts and I think we can cope quite easily by just transitioning the role of the midfield a little.
Fucking THIS.

Summing it up: Marotta is spreading the wealth. When it's impossible to maintain the individual quality of Pogba, you can even improve the team when he leaves by improving several starting positions AND finding a guy who can maintain the most important characteristic Pogba brought: creativity/vision/shooting/passing. In other words, creating goal chances/scoring. And there's no one much better than Pjanic for that.

Replacing Pogba is not only finding the best available CM with similar characteristics, because it's impossible. It means completing a transition period by making crucial moves which will ease his absence.

After he improved the CF position and the RB position (VERY important to give offensive balance to the team), now he must improve Khedira's position, by signing someone better tham him - and healthier.

With the additional task of finding a good DM for the first part of the season.

Even though Higuain was grossly overpaid, it looks like a good decision. It takes a lot of balls to do it. Marotta seems to absolutely be on the right path to even a better life without Pogba.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
What a pussy :lol:

Can't he just leave
Is that really necessary for a player that has contributed to our team so much and at worse, as a result of his transfer will singlehandedly cover our stadium costs?

And if he stays.....? Have some respect ffs, he's a Juve player and even if he leaves, is and will always have been a great player for our team.

Sep 13, 2015
It's funny how the management tries to keep everything under control and secret, and then some attention seeking newspaper just splashes that Pogba joined Man. Utd. They report this saga like they're in the conference room with Agneli and Marotta.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
It's funny how the management tries to keep everything under control and secret, and then some attention seeking newspaper just splashes that Pogba joined Man. Utd. They report this saga like they're in the conference room with Agneli and Marotta.
That's the problem, keeping quiet leaves much room for speculation and if you take into consideration who's the agent...you can understand this messy situation.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Extremely unpopular opinion comming up :

In the big games of the past two seasons, the main performers in the midfield were

Marchisio : every time except that second half vs sevilla
Vidal : every time, especially against madrid omfg, except against barcelona
Sturaro : excellent games against city and madrid
Khedira : incredible influence, midfield MVP against bayern return leg. They did shit while he was on.

Pogba.... injured during the CL final campaign. Played a big game against City.

We get Pjanic now ? Pjanic who is consistant and always good in great games and excellent at keeping the ball under pressure (which we miss a bit since pirlo passed away)

When Vidal left, our midfield took a hit. Pogba never actually played remotely as great in a big game. As @Osman pointed out several times, we lacked that aggression.

My extremely unpopular decision ? Replace Pogba with Herrera (closest player to vidal) and if everyone is fit this midfield will perform the best yet since vidal left

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The black and white photo symbolising his current ties to Juve.

The Black and white cars represent Juve and how he's using us, the cars, to drive to his new destination.

Then the contrasting red hat and boots, symbolising Manchester United. He's looking ahead in the photo, with his red attire, to a new future. A united future. :scared:
Maybe hes about to take of his hat and shoes, symbolizing hes put United behind and will focus on his new black&white (or just white) future

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
He's not smart enough to do this cryptic shit.

It's just a black and white photo with red contrasting parts to play with us all. Nothing deeper to it.

Give this guy too much credit. American TV/Sports made him cocky.

Dab stealing from the GOAT Cam Newton

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Extremely unpopular opinion comming up :

In the big games of the past two seasons, the main performers in the midfield were

Marchisio : every time except that second half vs sevilla
Vidal : every time, especially against madrid omfg, except against barcelona
Sturaro : excellent games against city and madrid
Khedira : incredible influence, midfield MVP against bayern return leg. They did $#@! while he was on.

Pogba.... injured during the CL final campaign. Played a big game against City.

We get Pjanic now ? Pjanic who is consistant and always good in great games and excellent at keeping the ball under pressure (which we miss a bit since pirlo passed away)

When Vidal left, our midfield took a hit. Pogba never actually played remotely as great in a big game. As @Osman pointed out several times, we lacked that aggression.

My extremely unpopular decision ? Replace Pogba with Herrera (closest player to vidal) and if everyone is fit this midfield will perform the best yet since vidal left
Which Herrera?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)