Paul Pogba (221 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
So long as this goes through, makes you really question all those cryptic instagram and Adidas messages.

Don't fuck around with the fans like that. If you want a move so badly, come out and admit it.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The loss of Pogba is eased by the additions of Higuain and Pjanic.

The attacking onus is no longer on the midfield. Their goal is simply to get the ball up the pitch. This is different than year's past. Without Higuain, the inclusion of a player like Pogba would be more important because he thrives when he is asked to create.

But he's not necessarily a player that can function optimally in a more team dynamic. I suspect this is always why Barca never was as hard for him as Madrid. You can see where Pogba fits more naturally, on a team like Madrid.

I think our ideal midfield should differ from the past couple years. Whereas it used to be more of a physical battering ram with dynamic players who preferred to run, I think nowadays a better midfield would be one very quick and efficient in possession, who can release the ball quickly. I'd favour more of a Spanish style midfield because our attack needs the ball quickly. For example, a player like Koke who is tactically smart, willing to run and quickly transition the attack to Higuain/Dybala is probably good enough for this team.

For me, Pogba is more of a loss in the marketing department and the potential department. Of course, on an individual basis he is one of the top CMs around already, but his loss is not back breaking for the team because, to be honest, he's not exactly a ball mover. And I don't think that tendency was improving, more regressing. There were moments last year you'd want him to just pass 5 metres sideways instead of carrying players. This is not necessarily a knee-jerk criticism of him because he's leaving, because those attributes are necessary, perhaps moreso in the past. But I think your team is always better off when you need to ask less of your CMs.

Of course if I had an option I would choose to keep Paul but football is always about the sum of your parts and I think we can cope quite easily by just transitioning the role of the midfield a little.
Well said. Indeed unlike past seasons where our bang average strikers were there to occupy defenders and our midfield had to carry our asses in attack we no longer need this. I think we definitely need a DM with some physicality and somebody like Herrera as a b2b because of our injury prone starters. But yeah the one thing that always pissed me off about Pogba was his knack of doing the tricky bit well then fucking up the simple bit. Or just over complicating situations where a simple pass would suffice.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
RAMI¹⁰;5341386 said:
How much in Euros? :D
it doesn't matter mate.The price is ridiculous and real surely arent stupid enough to pay No one is worth that money, not even Messi an R7.only EPL teams can do that.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
So long as this goes through, makes you really question all those cryptic instagram and Adidas messages.

Don't $#@! around with the fans like that. If you want a move so badly, come out and admit it.
Don't fall for marketing in the first place.

The aim was to get people talking and hyping Pogba and Adidas. Certainly did that.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Na, we lose a lot when we lose Paul. His dynamism is just unique. He integrates into that midfield and takes it a whole different level. I couldn't say one of the best in Europe anymore. With Khedira unreliable, and Marchisio still to return, we probably aren't even the best in Italy at this point. Of course, we don't need to sign a big name on paper per se, but just the weight of facing Pogba Vidal and Marchisio, or Marchiso Khedira Pogba, will just not be there anymore. So I'm going to have to say that we will probably need a couple of summers to find that perfect midfield fit going again.
I dont want to get in muddy waters, but i always thought that even in our MVP days, i felt we were just not strong enought. We could showboat some great names and a legend between them...but thats it. Sometimes i felt we were more hype than what we could actually show.

This time i dont think we are all just hype because we are amassing a great quantity of very technical players and on top of that we got ourselves an assasin in front of goal.

Ill say this...if we are able to patch the pogba hole properly...this team will be stronger than anything we have seen in this 5 years. Before we always had one dude punching above his weight and carrying us (first pirlo, then vidal then tevez)...now i think this juve team will be a tough gruop of mofos.

im positive on this.

The loss of Pogba is eased by the additions of Higuain and Pjanic.

The attacking onus is no longer on the midfield. Their goal is simply to get the ball up the pitch. This is different than year's past. Without Higuain, the inclusion of a player like Pogba would be more important because he thrives when he is asked to create.

But he's not necessarily a player that can function optimally in a more team dynamic. I suspect this is always why Barca never was as hard for him as Madrid. You can see where Pogba fits more naturally, on a team like Madrid.

I think our ideal midfield should differ from the past couple years. Whereas it used to be more of a physical battering ram with dynamic players who preferred to run, I think nowadays a better midfield would be one very quick and efficient in possession, who can release the ball quickly. I'd favour more of a Spanish style midfield because our attack needs the ball quickly. For example, a player like Koke who is tactically smart, willing to run and quickly transition the attack to Higuain/Dybala is probably good enough for this team.

For me, Pogba is more of a loss in the marketing department and the potential department. Of course, on an individual basis he is one of the top CMs around already, but his loss is not back breaking for the team because, to be honest, he's not exactly a ball mover. And I don't think that tendency was improving, more regressing. There were moments last year you'd want him to just pass 5 metres sideways instead of carrying players. This is not necessarily a knee-jerk criticism of him because he's leaving, because those attributes are necessary, perhaps moreso in the past. But I think your team is always better off when you need to ask less of your CMs.

Of course if I had an option I would choose to keep Paul but football is always about the sum of your parts and I think we can cope quite easily by just transitioning the role of the midfield a little.
You always do top notch post my fellow forumer. Congrats

1000% agree on all this,,,, and before someone goes out and say "coping mechanism", well no...just listen to this man.

Great post.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Do you guys rate Witsel? I haven't seen much of him at Zenit but he had a good season at Benfica and he's done well from what I've seen with Belgium.

Or is everyone here in unison that Herrera is the better player and preferable choice?
Witsel is an average player that is good at infiltrating the penalty box and create danger. The problem is that he has poor mental ability, no spine, no grinta, no tactical sense, no movement.
Now, this goes for most of Real madrid's players. Problem with witsel, and the reason he's just playing in some russian dump, is that his offensive output is vastly inferior to the above said weaknesses
For this reason, the former NT coach , who had a shitload of offensive talent vastly superior, used him as a holding midfielder. Which is awfull, and highlighted all his shortcommings.

He's a rotation player for any good team at best. Problem is, a sensible coach prefers his rotation players to be excellent at a specific thing, or incredibly full of motivation and grinta. Witsel has neither

Aug 2, 2005
I would be surprised if he joined Manu..
All this waiting was for Madrid... his first choice..

As much as I hate to see it go through unless James is coming.. I will be much more happy with James here than keeping immature Pogba

0that whoooo is "putting her money pogs going to madrid" she is even confident

Madrid needs time
Bad news is its expected that James will be going to Manu

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Do you guys rate Witsel? I haven't seen much of him at Zenit but he had a good season at Benfica and he's done well from what I've seen with Belgium.

Or is everyone here in unison that Herrera is the better player and preferable choice?
witsel? he's man utd quality. Then you can have 2 shitty poodles in midfield

- - - Updated - - -

I would be surprised if he joined Manu..
All this waiting was for Madrid... his first choice..

As much as I hate to see it go through unless James is coming.. I will be much more happy with James here than keeping immature Pogba

0that whoooo is "putting her money pogs going to madrid" she is even confident

Madrid needs time
Bad news is its expected that James will be going to Manu
We aint getting James, he doesnt want to leave, nor do I think we need a player of his type, sooner go for herrera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 198)