Paolo Montero (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I loved him. Like Bonini. He's born in the wrong era. If he was in his 20 in 1950-1960 we'd remember him as one of the best.
Sadly football nowdays became a pussy sport.
I can see why you'd say that. If you look at some of the great central defenders of today like Thiago Silva (when not choking), David Luiz (when not being a complete moron) or Sergio Ramos (yeah you read that right) you can get that idea. But truth is those guys are simply a whole lot better than Montero ever was. And if you compare him to players who are all about pure physicality like Chiellini or Bonucci (tbh the above three would far outdo Montero in that area too), it becomes obvious that Montero would never become a professional football player these days.

So I guess he was indeed either born too late or just in time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I can see why you'd say that. If you look at some of the great central defenders of today like Thiago Silva (when not choking), David Luiz (when not being a complete moron) or Sergio Ramos (yeah you read that right) you can get that idea. But truth is those guys are simply a whole lot better than Montero ever was. And if you compare him to players who are all about pure physicality like Chiellini or Bonucci (tbh the above three would far outdo Montero in that area too), it becomes obvious that Montero would never become a professional football player these days.

Well i was talking about when there was no red card in football XD.
Or see when Gentile marked Maradona. In today's football he would have been sent off after the first or second foul XD
I miss those days seriously. Nowdays trained players fall over and roll for minimal contact when they're a fucking mountain of trained true muscles.
So the one player who is good technically is basically a god because others would be afraid to foul and get sent off.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

@CrimsonianKing

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He has been appointed as the coach of Rosario Central. :flag1:

His coaching career to date involved:

a short stint at Peñarol, Boca Unidos, Colón and now Rosario Central. His got a tough job ahead as Rosario lies lower down in the league but best of luck Paulo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)