Paolo De Ceglie (5 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ashton, can you please just...

- - - Updated - - -

One/two mistakes and De Ceglie is crap... If in the next two games he has two assits from crosses he is a beast. The collective intelligence of the Internet amazes me sometimes.
Seen him assist before, never seen anyone call him beast, in every game he plays his limitations are painstackingly obvious.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Its a good point, Gian...One I gave up wondering about a long time ago after concluding that whilst its obvious to anyone who has seen both Ziegler and De Ceglie regularly, that the swiss is consistently competent, sometimes good and de ceglie is consistently incompetent, sometimes a complete liability, despite all thise, Conte had a problem with Zeigler's mentality/determination...its the only way I can make sense of a seemingly senseless move. De ceglie runs and runs, has brilliant determination and a strong spirit, often producing a good cross once or twice per game, but...he can't defend, he has next to zero footballing intelligence, and no idea where and how to position himself. its time we sold him...it was time a year or two back for me really. We need two LBS/LWBS who can challenge each other for the role, not one great CM playing LWB who makes our other LWB look wretched (when he isn't doing it himself).
Would you exchange 1 player who are our first choice in our winning season with the one who come back from loan in Turkey ? I guess Ziegler has bigger wage means cost than De Ceglie when we signed him on free 2 seasons ago.

But i agree with your player judgement. As a player, Ziegler gives me more assurance with his ability than DC. He has a better cross and defending skill

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
keep him, but take that legendary number away from him ffs, this is disgraceful to Nedveds, Ravanellis, and Bettegas of the world...

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
just cant afford these mistakes...he's not reliable anywhere on the pitch i never liked him youth product or not...does fuck all offensively and shits defensively when it counts....we need a better rotational LWB...he cant be counted on when we want to give our regulars a rest...its serious shit not a kickabout in the park...u muhfuckin chipping the ball out of defense? bullet that shit up the field or even kick it out if u dont know what to do..trying to be all caressing and cute n shit...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Feel a little sorry for De Ceglie.

He's borderline good enough, so when he's not playing regularly, his level is likely to drop and he's going to look poor.

That's not to say he should be played more - it's just an awkward situation.

Not playing much is not an excuse for making as poor a mistake as he did last night, though.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Feel a little sorry for De Ceglie.

He's borderline good enough, so when he's not playing regularly, his level is likely to drop and he's going to look poor.

That's not to say he should be played more - it's just an awkward situation.

Not playing much is not an excuse for making as poor a mistake as he did last night, though.
Ever since Lion made that post about how every time you give an analysis you're basically just sitting on the fence between two opinons I smile when I read your posts :D

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, it doesnt matter how crappy he is... he doesnt deserve our booings... thats just plain retarded and will make him play even worse.
Our fans are like that, short tempered. Vucinic was also receiving boo's for a couple of games before he went into awesome mode last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)