Paolo De Ceglie (94 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
If Ziegler wasn't good enough than what is DC?
Its a good point, Gian...One I gave up wondering about a long time ago after concluding that whilst its obvious to anyone who has seen both Ziegler and De Ceglie regularly, that the swiss is consistently competent, sometimes good and de ceglie is consistently incompetent, sometimes a complete liability, despite all thise, Conte had a problem with Zeigler's mentality/determination...its the only way I can make sense of a seemingly senseless move. De ceglie runs and runs, has brilliant determination and a strong spirit, often producing a good cross once or twice per game, but...he can't defend, he has next to zero footballing intelligence, and no idea where and how to position himself. its time we sold him...it was time a year or two back for me really. We need two LBS/LWBS who can challenge each other for the role, not one great CM playing LWB who makes our other LWB look wretched (when he isn't doing it himself).

frick

Apr 4, 2010
To be fair, his fault leading to the goal wasn't really fatal itself. Taider's shot was just really good. Overall a poor performance though.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
To be fair, his fault leading to the goal wasn't really fatal itself. Taider's shot was just really good. Overall a poor performance though.
That's beside the point. As a defender your one job is to NOT give the ball to the other team at the edge of your own box. Inexcusable.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
One/two mistakes and De Ceglie is crap... If in the next two games he has two assits from crosses he is a beast. The collective intelligence of the Internet amazes me sometimes.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
One/two mistakes and De Ceglie is crap... If in the next two games he has two assits from crosses he is a beast. The collective intelligence of the Internet amazes me sometimes.
He occasionally has good games, but he's always been a very limited player.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
That's beside the point. As a defender your one job is to NOT give the ball to the other team at the edge of your own box. Inexcusable.
All he did was that, an opponent was closing on him and he had to clear the ball (should've done better, obviously).

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Not just the goal but he lost his man every time someone ran in behind him and luckily Barzagli covered him with consummate ease. The guy simply isn't a left back as he makes a mockery of defending and as has been mentioned on here numerous times, he lacks a footballing IQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)