Paolo De Ceglie (3 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
"Dopo aver raggiunto alla prima vera stagione in bianconero il secondo posto, con un contributo di 26 presenze nonostante i tre mesi di stop per infortunio, mi sento di poter e dover restare a Torino per giocare le mie carte e continuare a crescere insieme alla Juve, anche perchè sono bianconero da sempre. Ringrazio tutti i tifosi che mi sono sempre stati vicini e che lo sono anche in questa situazione" PDC
---------------------------------------------------------------

He's staying, you Moli-cocksuckers :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
others say we could deal for Santa's crotch®.
I always thought that Santa's Crotch was very promising, and he played pretty well against us in the second part of the season.

He is also occasionally deployed at RB... :eyebrows:

I'd swap him for DC, frankly.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Eℓvin;2037923 said:
"Dopo aver raggiunto alla prima vera stagione in bianconero il secondo posto, con un contributo di 26 presenze nonostante i tre mesi di stop per infortunio, mi sento di poter e dover restare a Torino per giocare le mie carte e continuare a crescere insieme alla Juve, anche perchè sono bianconero da sempre. Ringrazio tutti i tifosi che mi sono sempre stati vicini e che lo sono anche in questa situazione" PDC
---------------------------------------------------------------

He's staying, you Moli-cocksuckers :D
This declaration has been there since a week ago though. Supposely the board was about to use him for the D'Ago deal at that moment and he refused to go to Udinese. Don't know how he feels about Napoli but anyway he can still refuse to go.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
So it wasn't only Ranieri who thought that Molinaro is better than De Ceglie, eh Cron? :D

And the directors too wouldn't prefer Molinaro (if they wanted to save money) since both Moli and De Ceglie are getting the same wages.
It looks like Ciro also thinks Molinaro is better.

Then again, maybe Moli will be the next one on the transfer list, or maybe he's there already but nobody wants him. :p
Anyone who understands football (or at leats knows a little about it) can see that Molinaro is the best option at LB for teams that play with 4 at the back. Personally I don't even understand why people argue about that.

De Ceglie would be ideal in a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 type of formation but we all know Juve doesn't play this formation.

I really like De Ceglie and it would be sad to see him leave, but in all honesty I have to say it would make sense.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So it wasn't only Ranieri who thought that Molinaro is better than De Ceglie, eh Cron? :D

And the directors too wouldn't prefer Molinaro (if they wanted to save money) since both Moli and De Ceglie are getting the same wages.
It looks like Ciro also thinks Molinaro is better.

Then again, maybe Moli will be the next one on the transfer list, or maybe he's there already but nobody wants him. :p
It is enough for CR to believe that.
Our board is completely incompetent and ignorant.
The only see whats in front of their nose. They see Molinaro as a two year starter and DC as a young player that has never been used and could make money in a possible transfer than Moli...

That was exactly one of the dangers i was talking about, for the excessive use of Molinaro.
He has actively destroyed our chances to find and try out a Juve material LB!!
Or at least someone with the potential to become one.

One of the reasons we wont be able to sell Molinaro, is that there is no other board stupid enough to invest on him, like our did.
The interest of the other teams clearly demonstrates who the better player is!!
Anyone who understands football (or at leats knows a little about it) can see that Molinaro is the best option at LB for teams that play with 4 at the back. Personally I don't even understand why people argue about that.

De Ceglie would be ideal in a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 type of formation but we all know Juve doesn't play this formation.

I really like De Ceglie and it would be sad to see him leave, but in all honesty I have to say it would make sense.
Anyone who understands football, knows that Molinaro is not a football player and his potential is so limited, that a team like Juventus shouldnt waste her time with him.
DC at least have the potential to become a Zambrotta type of fullback...
and as far as i can remember he played in a 4-4-2 at the back...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Anyone who understands football, knows that Molinaro is not a football player and his potential is so limited, that a team like Juventus shouldnt waste her time with him.
DC at least have the potential to become a Zambrotta type of fullback...
and as far as i can remember he played in a 4-4-2 at the back...
I respect your opinion but I definitely don't agree with it.
If you compare the two De Ceglie is the better, more gifted player (although the difference isn't really that big imo). When it comes to defending Molinaro is the better the two, and he's miles ahead of DC.

I don't know if he has the potential to become a Zambrotta-type of fullback, but I think it's very unlikely.

Still, I would want De Ceglie to stay because he does have some potential but realistically I don't think he will be getting a lot of playing time, mostly due to the formation we are going to be playing. (That and the fact that Moli is the better defender obviously :pumpkin: )

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Moli has not any better defender characteristics, he just blended better in our defense, due to the extensive playing time he had (two season)
If you can remember at the first season, he was extremely bad as a defender too and he still had some very bad days there.
He cant tackle like Criscito and his tactical awareness is lesser than DC's.

I am confident that if DC is given 2-3 consistent months, as a starter, he will reach the defensive effectiveness of Molinaro!! Because his actually has a footbalistic talent and can build from there, unlike Moli...

We should do that this season and we should know by now if DC is good enough for a team like Juve or not. IMO, right now we cannot tell that.
It is normal for a player who is called once/month, not to fit in like a player who is playing for two seasons. And it is normal for a player who has the ability to come forward, to be accused of letting spaces in the back.
But DC, apart from the time that he didnt forbid to score while being in the proximity of a forward, right in front of the PK dot, where our CBs should have been. Has never done a fatal "mistake" either! He has been accused for mistakes he didnt make and also held responsible for the limited time CR didnt give him.
Like he ever had fair chances to prove him self and get the opportunities Moli had...
In the mean time, when was the last time that Molinaro prevented a goal from happening?? I remind you here that most of the goals we conceded came from our left flanks passes/crosses/penetration.
Where was Moli then?? Moli has synced his runs with the team this year and he was running down the flanks as we attacked
(last year he did quite the opposite, he was attacking when we defending and defending when we were attacking) thats one of the reasons of his "improvement". But by doing that, we were still vulnerable in counterattacks.

I believe that the defensive solidarity that Moli supposedly offers is just an illusion.
Created by our familiarity with him!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I like the idea of a new RB, but what happens to the ones we already have? why don't we sell one of them too? Also I'd rather keep Mellberg unless he wants to leave for lack of playing time.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Moli has not any better defender characteristics
Sorry, this is just wrong.
Position, tackling etc Molinaro is just better. He prevents a lot of attacks on his flank. He knows when to move out of position to help Chiellini (or someone else).
These are things you don't always see on tv however, so it might be difficult to really put this in perspective.
Can you tell me the last time Molinaro was responsibe for us conceding a goal? (My memory is failing me at the moment.)

However I do agree with you that we still don't know for sure if DC is good enough for Juve or not.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
What tackle, when have you ever seen Moli performing a tackle??
His tackle are as rare as his crosses!! And his positioning sucks, DC has much much better positioning than him.
Molinaro has proved last year that he has the worst positioning in our lot.
This issue was masked this year, due to the improved teamwork and immense playing time, that allowed him and his teammates to make him for effective, adapting to his style!

Positioning, have you seen Moli playing last year?? How can anyone say that Moli's strength is positioning, he was never there when we needed him!
Molinaro was never held responsible for smth, because he was never there!!
Not because he actually stopped someone, he can only harrash the opposition players, running along with them.

However, i also have to admit that this year, he also tried to diposses them too, but not with a tackle! He is unable of doing that.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know if he has the potential to become a Zambrotta-type of fullback, but I think it's very unlikely.
he can never be anything near our zambrotta because he would even break every single bone in his body before doing anything other than standing on his right feet. there are people that are really only good with one foot but that are silky in their movement that you dont even notice that the player just uses one feet to control the ball.

de ceglie on the other hand has only one good characteristic and that is "crossing when nobody is defending against him". he does know how to put in crosses when he is totally unmarked and has time to do so. if there is someone that tries to stop him from crossing you do not get better crosses out of him than molinaros crosses. add to that, that de ceglie can not go past his man to deliver a good cross. he only crosses good, when he is totally unmarked. he has no drive to go past a player and even try to cross. if there is a defender in front of him he just tries to cross through him and the ball ends up on the opponent instead of the targeted player.

That was exactly one of the dangers i was talking about, for the excessive use of Molinaro.
He has actively destroyed our chances to find and try out a Juve material LB!!
Or at least someone with the potential to become one.
aaaah, thats the reason we are linked with grosso ... because we are satisfied with molinaro as starter ... now i understand ....

NOT !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)