Paolo De Ceglie (8 Viewers)

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
looks like Grosso will be joining us now, Ferrara confirmed we are interested
That means Criscito remains at Genoa, but hopefully we'll bring him back next year. Although a bit old, Grosso is a better choice than Dossena and a very good crosser, which will be crucial for our tall strikers since we decided not to play with wingers.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Grosso for one season then Criscito or De Ceglie or both to return the following season?

Worse things happen at sea.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Disgusting. Disposing of a promising young talent, who was never given a fair chance (you know he isn't coming back after this), to acquire a washed up has been, who was never world class, and plays about 5-7 solid, if unspectacular games a year (for the Azzurri only might I add). :wallbang: :sigh: :moan:

I am sure the board twisted Ferrara's arm with this, if indeed true. Milan have Cissokho, and we have a 32 year old Lyon flop and Inter reject :inter:

mondo1

May 14, 2006
he didn't played much but didn't show much either. i'm not to disappointed that he left. but a loan would have been better i bet he will have a great season at napoli and we can not get him back because napoli got first option hahaha secco knows how to do the deals.
poorly criscito won't come back too so we will stuck with moli and either grosso or dossena. our backline will be as poor as last year. and i thought ferrara knows how a defence should look like. grygera-canna-chiellini-grosso ain't really better than grygera-legro-chiellini-moli to be honest.

i just don't get it how nobody at the management realise that our defence is our biggest problem. mostly our "fullbacks". i still hope for a miracle and criscito comes back with motta

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
De Ceglie isn't even playing LB for the azzurrini. We need a LB and now we got 4 million more to spend than we had before. De Ceglie is playing LM right now and we have a load of midfielders that can do a better job than him. If he has a great season at Napoli we can get him back. Maybe DC going to Genoa to ensure Criscito comes back might have been smarter, but at least we have 4m more to use hopefully wisely.

Besides, Ferrara is one that developed him so he knows his potential better than anyone. If DC was a huge potential he wouldn't have allowed his co-ownership. I trust Ferrara on this one, he is the coach that helped in his development. If DC is at Napoli, it would be nice to have an option on Hamsik now. Or Lavezzi should Trez leave.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He was playing as a central midfielder today, dont get why. He should really just play as a LB and nothing else.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He is probably better at left midfield or left wing back.
No, not really. He is not good enough and doesn't have the skill to beat his opponents. He is good enough as a LB cuz he can run up and down and he can actually deliver great crosses but as a LM? No way..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He certainly doesn't have the positional sense to play left back at Juve level, however he can run all day and cross the ball. He is halfway between both positions, in fact his position today for Italy suited him quite well and he was all over the pitch.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I see him complementing the role of Criscito in our team.
Depending on the occasion, we might an attacking fullback, like DC, who can support upfront and provide some decent crosses/passes.
Or solid defensive LB, like Criscito to prevent our flanks, of being overwhelmed,
due to the lack of dedicated wingers, of our new system/formation.

They are both very talented and young enough to become a part of our future project! They just need some more playing time, esp DC.

Moli and Grosso are very one dimensional and they cant really help us,
with any of our new found needs, in the defense.
And their potential is also extremely limited and the investment of time and money on them, is not justified by any means!

Hopefully our board wont continue the ugly tradition, they started with our defense,
by making one more horrid decision...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)