Paolo De Ceglie (70 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree that the position should suit him better than LB but he was poor against Genoa and he couldn't defend tonight.
He did well enough in defence, but he isn't a LB anyway, I'll keep saying it. In terms of attack he did well in both games, luckily Chiellini is behind him to cover. The right side is a disaster though with Zebina :rndh:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
great cross, pretty perfect. :tup:
not much to say about other parts of his game though. it seemed to me that in the 2nd half he played at LB, clearly behind Marchisio, who was doing most of the job on the wing.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
yeah, he really was great ... here i do give you some highlights of his defensive quality

2:42 de ceglie is the one that is supposed to mark de jong who just heads wide
3:24 his direct opponent has the ball at his feet and de ceglies defending actually consists of backup up leaving more then 2 metres to the opponent in OUR BOX without doing anything that would hinder the opponent to play the ball into the box
(not to mention that this was the scene that lead to that shot against the woodwork)

twice he almost cost us a goal against us and that is just what you can see in the highlights ... if you say grosso is a liability, then i dont know what de ceglie is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)