Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (3 Viewers)

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
There is too much stigma with the age 30 in football. Vucinic only turned 30 a few months back and is being considered old? 30 was old for a footballer many years ago but not any more i feel. Pirlo was 32 when he came here and look at how good he still is.

Mirko still have a lot to give either to Juve or to another club. For the fee he is a great player to get when you consider the preposterous cost of forward players these days.
Agree

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
There is too much stigma with the age 30 in football. Vucinic only turned 30 a few months back and is being considered old? 30 was old for a footballer many years ago but not any more i feel. Pirlo was 32 when he came here and look at how good he still is.

Mirko still have a lot to give either to Juve or to another club. For the fee he is a great player to get when you consider the preposterous cost of forward players these days.
:agree:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

The problem at 30 is that a team knows it's basically a last contract. You sign a striker at 30/31 for 3 years, and he is now 33/34, his form is likely declining, and no team will buy him for more than peanuts. Therefore whatever you pay for a player over 30 you won't recoup, so obviously teams don't want to spend big money on a 30 year old. The law of diminishing returns. Now a 27 year old you can still spend decent money on because hopefully at 30 you can sell him for about 1/2-2/3 of what you paid. Ideally the only striker you are going to spend more than 30 mil+ on is younger than 27. Like Edison Cavani at 26 for 63 mil.

So Mirko, who we bought for 15 mil at 28 is now 30 and worth at most 10 mil. 2/3. Quags who we bought at 27 for 10.5 million, is now 31 and realistically worth 5-7 million. 1/2 to 2/3. These guys have only a couple years of high quality football left and then are basically bosmans, or sold for peanuts. Why on earth would anyone spend big on a player who has no future resale value?

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
Age is not a big factor at 30, but motivation is. Osvaldo will be motivated like crazy seeing as this is his best shot of getting a spot at the WC. Not to mention playing for the best team in Italy...Meanwhile Mirko doesn't seem to be too thrilled to be with us anymore.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Like I said before, Vucinic was pushing to join our arch-rivals, Inter.

Pablo is willing to take a pay cut to come here.

Tell me who's more motivated.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
So, dumb deal is done...

As i see it the plan is:
-We put Osvaldo on meth and he scores 30 goals in serie a and another 20 in EL and then he punches Conte in the face with EL Cup
-We use our option to buy him for 19m and immediately sell him to psg for 60m
-We use this cash and buy Suarez
-Profit!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Age is not a big factor at 30, but motivation is. Osvaldo will be motivated like crazy seeing as this is his best shot of getting a spot at the WC. Not to mention playing for the best team in Italy...Meanwhile Mirko doesn't seem to be too thrilled to be with us anymore.
This could be true. he seems pretty excited to come here. Lets hope thia new enviroment full of commited proffesionals makes him deliver.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Osvaldo only turned 28 two weeks ago. It's basically the identical move to Vucinic coming 2 years ago. We paid 15 mil for Vucinic at 28 and gave him 3.5 mil a year. 28 year old Osvaldo and 28 year old Vucinic are very similar.

Vuci last 4 seasons at Roma were 9,11,14,10 league goals. So 44 goals in 122 appearances in league play.

Osvaldo last 4 seasons (2 at Espanyol and 2 at Roma) were 7,13,11,16 league goals. 47 goals in 99 appearances in league play.

So actually Osvaldo goals per appearance are significantly better than Vucinic's in the 4 years before they each moved to Juve. SO if we paid 15 mil for Vucinic at 28, 15-16 mil for Osvaldo at 28 is certainly a decent deal.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

U are losing perpespective here. He is in Juve, and love the team, the scudettis etc... but the harsh reality is that he is a benchwarmer with no hope of returning to the starting 11. In this situation, u have 2 options:
-Stay and accept ur role as a benchwarmer , throwing ur career down teh drain ecause you know you still got it in you.
or
-Try to find a solution to your situation and find employment in a place ur services are required.

This has nothing to do with him going to merda or being a traitorous thief...which he isnt. This is about taking in consideration ur needs as a man and as a proffesional. And theres nothing wrong with that in the case of Vucinic.

UNlike other leeches from the past, he is intelligent enought to accept his time here is over and is time to find new adventures.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Pay cut or no pay cut, he's still a garbage footballer who makes Vucinic look like Dennis Bergkamp.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
As long as we don't sign that fucktard in the summer (except he turns out to be really, really good what I highly doubt), I'm all cool with the loan move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)