Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (5 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I am not relieved, usually the accordance to exersice the option anyway is verbal, otherwise, it wouldnt be a loan, but a straight up acquisition.
I dont believe that when we have loaned Motta, the official announcement was any different.
I think that 20mil had gone down the drain... Come May that cash will be solely missed, our transfer budget is already compromised, so did our hopes for improving significantly our team in order to try and smth better in Europe next season.

Lippi was right after all...
It's an option, not obligation and we might not exercise that right come the May. Also the price is far from being determined. We'll lower it 5-6m in the end.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Except that we needed Matri badly at that time, unlike now.
Matri was brought in to be our primary striker so 18 mil was okay, not great, but okay. Osvaldo as a sub for 19 mil would be ridiculous. As long as we pay less than 15 though, I'd be okay with that. We did pay 10.5 for Quags at 29. And 15 for Vucinic at 28.

I think we should be aspiring to having 2 30mil+ rated forwards, and 2 10-15 mil rated forwards in the side, and one in the near future. Having a selection of forwards like Tevez--Llorente--Osvaldo--Berardi-- and some other cheap 5th, would be pretty fantastic for the next 2 years. And then replace Tevez with someone younger and perhaps one of Osvaldo or Llorente.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Cronios. You're still spouting this nonsense? How come we didn't buy Aquilani or Borriello or Bendtner or Anelka outright after their loan spells ended? 20 mil has already gone down the drain? Nonsense. I doubt we offer more than 15 mil for him come summer if he does well, likely even less. And if he doesn't do well, we send him back, just like we did with the 4 mentioned above. For every loan where we exercised the option to buy at the end that you can think of, I can think of another where we sent the player back and did not purchase. It wouldn't be called an option to buy if it were mandatory. Seeing as it is called an option to buy in Osvaldo's case, we have no obligation to purchase him in the summer.

Stop being silly.
Except that in this case we are doing everything we can to offload Quag and Vucinic, so yeah we are going to take that option and hrow that money away.
If anything that 3 installment payment plan specified in the club's statement about this deal, is the proof that they want this to materialize , if not why would then they go to such detail on a mere loan deal?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We probably will buy Osvaldo, I think we'll probably pay 14-16M for him paid in 3 instalments. 4-5M a year. Not bad.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well if it really is a 3 year payment plan, people are losing sleep over 5M per season coming out of Juventus.

Our Summer budget isn't set in stone. We don't go after somebody like Di Maria for example and think "Shit, we need 35M. We only have 33 left"

5M every Summer is not bad at all. Unlike 15M straight up.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I think that IF Osvaldo plays ok and shows some good play,we will pay maximum12 mil.Mark my words and only if he made some great games for us.Otherwise ,good buy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Except that in this case we are doing everything we can to offload Quag and Vucinic, so yeah we are going to take that option and hrow that money away.
If anything that 3 installment payment plan specified in the club's statement about this deal, is the proof that they want this to materialize , if not why would then they go to such detail on a mere loan deal?
Even if we do exercise it, I seriously doubt we do so for over 15 mil. Look out how long we held out over the Aquilani fee and in the end just gave him up. And as I said, if we keep the fee down to under 15 mil, I'm okay with that. Not overjoyed, but not upset.

Teams are spending 20-30 mil on bench forwards nowadays. A proven goalscorer (not prolific but certainly good for a sub) like Osvaldo would be a pretty darn good backup to Llorente for 15 mil if Conte keeps him in line, which I think he will. This isn't madhouse Roma, or lousy Southampton. The other option is to take a chance on young unproven forwards, but if they fail that leaves you seriously lacking cover for Tevez and Llorente. Ideally, I'd like to see us with 3 or 4 proven and experienced forwards, and 1 or 2 young guys with potential.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
5 mil a season isn't nothing over 3 years. It's something, something which regardless however it's explained will affect our budgets across 3 transfer campaigns. I can only hope Osvaldo does enough on the pitch and less off pitch to justify what we have proposed.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Well if it really is a 3 year payment plan, people are losing sleep over 5M per season coming out of Juventus.

Our Summer budget isn't set in stone. We don't go after somebody like Di Maria for example and think "$#@!, we need 35M. We only have 33 left"

5M every Summer is not bad at all. Unlike 15M straight up.
You arent saying anything new.This is how we conduct transfer business every season.In installment plans.So yes,whether its 15m upfront or in installments ,its going to affect Juve's transfer budget.(and it would unofficially count as 15m for the summer).Many people here have had this same sort of confusion.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We probably will buy Osvaldo, I think we'll probably pay 14-16M for him paid in 3 instalments. 4-5M a year. Not bad.
Every deal is in installments. That doesn't make the deal any less ridiculous. €15M at once or €5 / year x 3 is the same.

Mar 30, 2006
€19M is so $#@!ing much. There's no way they're gonna decrease that fee to 12M.
Well he was on 3 million Euro a year at Southampton and I have read he will cut it to 1.1 million Euro a year to come to Juve. So if he signs a 4 year contract in the summer at 1.1 Million Euro that will only be 4.4 Million Euro wages which helps accommodate the 19 Million Euro transfer fee (23.4 million total on 4 year deal). As oppose to say a 4 year contract at 3 Million Euro (current wages) with would be 12 Million Euro in wages plus a 12 million Transfer fee (24 Million).

So essentially this is a better deal for Juve to sign him for a high transfer fee and low wages. Realistically we could never get a striker as good as Osvaldo attached to a long term contract for a transfer as low as 12 million.. he would for sure cost more.

I think this is the reason we could sign him long term. Southampton don't lose anything on Osvaldo. The player ends up taking a great deal of the financial hit in coming here. We need to take his low wages into account in addition to his transfer fee. This way its not a bad deal at all for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)