Our very first posts... (4 Viewers)

Dec 27, 2003
Anyway, here's Kaiser's first post on this forum, just for you my dear gobbini:cheesy::

Greetings from a benevolent rossonero to the unlucky Juve-supporting members of this community.

Like many, I used to consider Alessandro Del Piero aka Godot as the best thing happening to italian football since Gianni Rivera. That's until he got injured in that cursed 1998 CL final against Real Madrid, embarked on the plane for France anyway where he played an utterly anonymous World Cup. Like it or not, the pre-France 98 Del Piero (the one that most football pundits at the time saw as the only alternative to Ronaldo's omnipotence) has gone awol. After two years spent in the wilderness (notably because of a major injury which he needed a whole season to recover from), Del Piero did seem to somehow re-surface just in time for Euro 2000, where he notoriously threw the victory down the drain in the final against the frogs by twice incredibly failing to score the 2-0 that would have made us the de facto Masters of Europe.

Since then, Godot did manage to carve out a place for himself in the Football World. His talent remains unquestioned and unquestionable, but he seems to have developed a habit to injure himself just when he appears to have reached his optimal form, which often leads him to be absent or unprepared in the crucial moments of a tournament. I would find this very frustrating as a Juve fan and I actually do find it extremely irritating as a Squadra fan, hence my hope to see Cassano supplant Del Piero with the azzurri rather sooner than later.

Finally, allow me to kindly disagree with Adrian : the Miccoli/Del Piero rivalry does not compare to the Del Piero/Baggio struggle of 94. Fisrt off, Del Piero was 20 back then while Miccoli will soon turn 25. Secondly, whereas Del Piero was regarded as the next big thing at the time, Miccoli today is just a talented player in a talented team. Thirdly, Lippi had set his sights to transforming the then Baggio-addicted Juventus into an 11 players team that could rely on a big variety of options. He did succeed in doing this, but Baggio had to pay a very high price for it, as he was exiled to Milan at end of the season (with little success) and still bears a lot of resentment towards Marcello to this day. I doubt the same thing will happen with Miccoli, who in my opinion will remain one of Lippi's favourite trump cards and Del Piero's appointed sub. A bit like young Zola used to be Maradona's disciple at Napoli - with all due proportions of course.

Anyway, time for me to dismiss. Congratulations to the hosts for this forum, and, until next time : FORZA MITICO MILAN.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Baggio had to pay a very high price for it, as he was exiled to Milan at end of the season (with little success) and still bears a lot of resentment towards Marcello to this day. I doubt the same thing will happen with Miccoli, who in my opinion will remain one of Lippi's favourite trump cards and Del Piero's appointed sub.
:p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh, right. Honest mistake.

I thought you were just saying that Miccoli wouldn't be exiled like Baggio was.

My bad :embarass:

Dec 27, 2003
No probs. People should definitely listen to my prophecies more tho. Like when I said that Totti would play THE decisive part in Italy's success at Euro 04. Or when I saw Zidane in a pre-season game in 96 and predicted that he would not fit in the serie A.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Little AMR has me on the ropes??? Its no wonder why the individuals who ACTUALLY KNEW their football here never mentioned your name because its obvious you are either a) a johnny come lately JUVENTINO b) probably so young you can't even vote and c) this GIG is probably the only importance in your otherwise subdued existence?

You want to play with FIRE ... come join the fun...we don't have to do it in my THREAD..which has survived even when I was gone for 5 months....
You want to test my knowledge of football..my intelligence or my argumentative skills?

I'm all yours sweetheart

Smear that Vaseline because this might sting
:howler: you are a plank aren't you!!

You do make me chuckle, with these delusions of grandeur that must be filling your head 24/7. I have no desire to test your football knowledge, I'd just like for you to stop being a jackass once in a while, but thats obviously not possible. (No doubting that you'll take that as a cop-out and start bleating on about how you're so great that nobody dare argue with you etc but if it convinces you even more of your greatness then feel free :D)

and just for the record I've been a juve fan for about 12 years I can vote and I do have a life outside of these forums, quite an ironic (or just stupid) point you made there actually... I'm not the one who's own life must be so inadequate that I have to come on a rival fan forum, rack up thousands of posts, act like a god and blow my own trumpet all day just to make myself feel better :)

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
Reminds me of this lyric

"YOUR SATISFACTION LIES IN YOUR ILLUSIONS
BUT YOUR DELUSIONS ARE YOURS AN NOT MINE"

hehe

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Ok so the 94-98 period wasn't THE most successful period in Juventus' history. BUT it followed your longest victory draught in recent history, since I don't think Juve has stayed 10 consecutive years without winning the scudo since prior to WW 2.
Libero, I don't expect you to know the day-to-day happenings at Juventus, since you don't care about that particular club. To enlighten you, the 1994-98 period was so successful compared to the previous decade because of a revolution at the club. Do you think that Juve started winning because all of a sudden the players took magic pills? No, firstly we changed everything in management - brought in Moggi, Bettega and Giraudo. Then we hired the great Marcello Lippi. Together these men mapped a plan to bring in great players such as Ferrara, Taccinardi, Montero, Jugovic, Paulo Sousa, Di Livio, et. al to compliment players they had only recently acquired such as Del Piero, Conte, Peruzzi, Baggio, and Torricelli. These palyers made up the backbone of Juve for years to come. Great Management, Great Coach, Great Players, together win titles, not that junk in a needle. If Titles came from an injection, there would be 18 clubs in the scudetto race, down to wire, every year.

Dec 27, 2003
Hey Paduan', Im not claiming Juve's resurgence (about which I do care, trust me;)) happened thanks to doping (tho Moggi and Lippi's arrivals also corresponded with Herr Ventrone and Dr Agricola's recruitments). I was simply pointing out how Juve at the time was only just recovering from the longest period of mediocrity in its history, so that's maybe what made Nick say that those were your most successful years (Champions League wise they were btw : you had never reached the final 3 times in a row before that). I myself was too young to realize how great Platini's Juve was, and by the time I had been fully contaminated by the calcio virus, your playmaker was Sasha Zavarov. So the one and only "grande Juve" I have ever seen first hand is that of the 94-98 years.

Btw, maybe you missed it but I asked you a question at the end of page 6.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Right, I remember the classic battles between the two best sides in Europe in the early 90's - Milan vs. Marseille, but I was thinking that Milan beat the French in 1991. Anyway, it was well known that Marseille was doping its players without them knowledge. Marseille was busted for it's bribery and match-fixing, and later for financial irregularities regarding transfer fees, but I am unsure whether the FFA ever did anything about the doping of players.

Dec 27, 2003
Ok Pado I made a quick search and apparently there are a few ex-Marseille players from those years (notably Tony Cascarino)that have admitted to being injected stuff whose nature they ignored but which had the power to considerably better their performances. But it is indeed for match-fixing that they were caught (this we already knew).

Unfortunately Milan never managed to beat Marseille in an official game. I remember the 1991 quarter final very clearly. We drew 1-1 in San Siro (with Papin equalizing for Marseille after a re-born Gullit had given us the lead). Then came the travesty of the return match : Waddle scoring for Marseille, a light breaking off at the Stade Vélodrome, Galliani storming into the pitch and commanding our boys to stop playing and regain the dressing room, my gobbo uncle busting my balls ("uuuu, è andata via la luce, uuuuu") and UEFA banning us from Europe for a year as a result of it. In 93 they beat us 1-0 in the final thanks to a header by Boli. We had won all our games on the way to the final that year (a record that hasn't been equalled yet), but it was just written that Marseille were going to be our damnation.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

:howler: you are a plank aren't you!!

You do make me chuckle, with these delusions of grandeur that must be filling your head 24/7. I have no desire to test your football knowledge, I'd just like for you to stop being a jackass once in a while, but thats obviously not possible. (No doubting that you'll take that as a cop-out and start bleating on about how you're so great that nobody dare argue with you etc but if it convinces you even more of your greatness then feel free :D)

and just for the record I've been a juve fan for about 12 years I can vote and I do have a life outside of these forums, quite an ironic (or just stupid) point you made there actually... I'm not the one who's own life must be so inadequate that I have to come on a rival fan forum, rack up thousands of posts, act like a god and blow my own trumpet all day just to make myself feel better :)
This coming from a guy who proudly reminds individuals he is a moderator and racked up over 15,000 posts....
maybe you have not noticed that I have barely been here in the summer because I was out LIVING.
You will not argue with me because you don't possess the capacity to do so..the only capacity you have (on this forum anyway) is to keep the kids in line because of your ability to hit extra keys that others don't have access to..all because you dedicated more of your life to an internet forum than others...

blowing my own horn....nah...I have people to do that for me.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Pado:

Benjamin Dirsreali once said: there are three great lies in this world:

Lies..Damn Lies and Statistics.

Your 30-35 stats...feed that to the sh*t to the tourists. La Vecchia Putana looks back on its last CL Title as the peak of a dynasty. Scudetto, CL and International Cup vs. River Plate: due to determination? talent? courage? the will to win? Nah..due to the right mix of cocktails administered in the right dosage just enough to fly under the radar like a spy plane during the Cold War.

Milan paid for its mistake in 83-84...Marseille paid for its mistake.

Why should Juve be any different?

Ask Tacchinardi and Conte if it was all worth it when they are drooling and yelling at the pigeons in the park before they reach 50 years old.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Libero, I had forgotten that blackout incident in the Velodrome - thank you for the reminder.

Nick, again, I doubt that any mix of drugs could produce such results in calcio. Perhaps other sports, such as Track or cycling or swimming, but not in football.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
This coming from a guy who proudly reminds individuals he is a moderator and racked up over 15,000 posts....
maybe you have not noticed that I have barely been here in the summer because I was out LIVING.
You will not argue with me because you don't possess the capacity to do so..the only capacity you have (on this forum anyway) is to keep the kids in line because of your ability to hit extra keys that others don't have access to..all because you dedicated more of your life to an internet forum than others...

blowing my own horn....nah...I have people to do that for me.
Dear oh dear, how to answer such a pile of waffle.. ok

1. Find a quote by me saying how proud I am to be a mod and how brilliant I am to have racked up 15,000 posts and I'll believe you. No really, because if you're such a brilliant debate artist you'll doubtless be able to find an answer to that one. Otherwise its 1-0 to me.

2. I didn't notice that actually but I'm sure you had a whale of a time. Not sure how its impossible to post in a forum for, say half an hour a day and still have a social life to be proud of. Would you care to let me in on that one cause I get along just fine doing both :)

3. Come off it mate, you were out fought by amr. George W Bush would hammer you in a televised debate and he can only utter words of 5 characters or less! The only reason you may come across as a good mass-debater is that, like here, you pull out completely random mistruths and attempt to use them as 99% of the basis for your argument. This may fool some weak minded individuals in your kindergarten class but not me.

4. You have no idea what this place would be like without moderation. Can you imagine it, would be chaos, so don't throw a wobbly just because I can push a few more buttons than your good self, remember its for the good of us all.

5. Would you care to name these trumpeteers :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004

1. Find a quote by me saying how proud I am to be a mod and how brilliant I am to have racked up 15,000 posts and I'll believe you. No really, because if you're such a brilliant debate artist you'll doubtless be able to find an answer to that one. Otherwise its 1-0 to me.

2. I didn't notice that actually but I'm sure you had a whale of a time. Not sure how its impossible to post in a forum for, say half an hour a day and still have a social life to be proud of. Would you care to let me in on that one cause I get along just fine doing both :)

3. Come off it mate, you were out fought by amr. George W Bush would hammer you in a televised debate and he can only utter words of 5 characters or less! The only reason you may come across as a good mass-debater is that, like here, you pull out completely random mistruths and attempt to use them as 99% of the basis for your argument. This may fool some weak minded individuals in your kindergarten class but not me.

4. You have no idea what this place would be like without moderation. Can you imagine it, would be chaos, so don't throw a wobbly just because I can push a few more buttons than your good self, remember its for the good of us all.

It is known that Nick avoids questions. Lets see how many he answers. Im betting on 1 :D

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003

You have proudly put down your authority as moderator on more than one occasion and rack up posts like kids racking up suicide bomber cards.

Please show me how Amr outfought me...was it his "shut up stupid head" that won you over or perhaps the fact that he basically made up a reference of Milan's past. or maybe your lack of knowledge made you believe it.
I doubt you post half an hour a day because you answer posts faster than Juventini lining up for their daily EPO cocktail.
This place without moderation: basically a bunch of pigeons nodding in unison until someone brings up a challenge and is seen as the outsider??
hmmm

My trumpeteers: take the dark plunge into Nick against the World :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)