Our strikers and the upcoming mercato (2 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
With the current season coming to an end, and the mercato on the horizon, i would like to talk about what will be the future of our current strikers. Ill give my personal input and see what are ur personal opinions on the matter.
One thing is sure, the upcoming mercato will be decisive for our ambitions if we want to step up in quality and some decitions have to be made.

Lets take a look a our forwards: Del Piero, Matri, Quagliarella, Vucinic and Borrielo.

Del Piero: I admit that im being a blind fan and delusional, but i want him to stay. Not only for what he means to all of us, but for what he adds to our game too. It has been proven this season that when DP is used after 45 mins or so, he has proved to be decisive and has changed our attacking display completely in most of the cases. The first game he played fully, which was a coppa italia game, he performed fantastically. His last achievement was that first touch assist to quagliarella in the napoli game. He is still our most talented striker, at the age of 37, and his only limitant is his ageing body which we dont know when will definitely hamper him.
In the DP case, we cannot even talk about him being a negative influence on the team. Unlike previous seasons (the capello era specifically), Del piero has been totally silent about his constant benching and has responded with goals and assists when called upon.
Verditc: The only thing we know as of now... is that Del piero is going out in the end of the season unless something happens.

Matri:Our most prolific striker this season and he just signed a new contract until 2017. While he is no Trezeguet, this guy has been our most constant goal income on the season. Lately, his form has been affected physically and mentally. Some of the opinion against him is that his lack of ball control affects our team too much. Personally, i think he is an OK striker. Not WC, but can definitely contribute to the team when given the chance.
Im not into contractual matters, and i dont know if he can be sold in the mercato, but for now, it seems eh is staying with us.
VerdictÇ: it seems he will stay.

Quagliarella: A player who started a promising career with us but was devastated by an injury which he is still trying to let past. In my opinion this guy is a complete striker. He can pass he can dribble he can score headers and has a wonderful shot outside the box. He has been limited by injuries this season and the playing time he has received seems to be not enough for him to get into form. His last show against Napoli suggested that he just needs more minutes to show his worth, but sgtill, like del piero his future is on the stake.
Verdict: IMO i would like him to stay and be awarded with a full season to judge, but still his position is an enigma.

Vucinic: Our current mobile striker and first choice of Conte. This guy right here, is the key factor in our mercato in my view. Why?. Ok first ill tell what i think about him. He is a good player who can create yes, but IMO his lack of scoring instinct and his lack of consistancy is what detriment his gameplay.
He was brought here in the summer after we failed to sign the WC striker we were desperately looking for. he is not bad but im not convinced if he is what this team really needs. I think that an on form pairing of Matri and Quags can be more useful than using vucinic. Has been Conte´s number one option.... but not because his own merit, but because his competition has been an ageing del piero and an injured quags.
I personally think that if we sell him and get a more talented WC striker, we will much better.
Verdict: future unknown.

Borrielo: His sole presence on the team has hampered Matri´s and quags chances to perform. IMO it was very unwise to bring him here, after all the prolems he had in the past with his previous teams. Conte´s new favored striker, Borri has done few to warrant an starting place in the Juventus team. He has "amauri " written all over him. A player who lacks composure, decition making and skill...and on top of it, is unlucky. From all the forwards, my sincere opinion is that borrielo is the only one who definitely needs to leave to make room for a much better option.
Verdict: No place for him at Juve.

So, this is it. Our current strikers and my view on them.

I would like to know ur opinion on the matter, who you think should stay or leave...and who you think can come to replace who.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Two things I'd do for sure: Keep Del Piero and send Borriello back to Roma.

With regards to the other three forwards, it's very difficult because I know one of them have to go, but I like all three equally. I don't think there is a big difference in quality between them either. I must pass and let the management do what they think is the best. I simply can't ask to sell one of Quagliarella, Vucinic or Matri.

Key words: Send back Borriello, buy a top striker and renew Ale's contract.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This team is going to need 5 strikers.

5 Strikers that can be relied upon to perform whenever they are called.

"Black Hole" Borriello is the one that absolutely must leave, under no uncertain terms.

They must get themselves a striker who is above the quality of the current crop.

Yes, it means dropping everyone else down the pecking order by one notch, but this type of quality will help them in all three competitions.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
out: borishit!, iq ( he is on loan so when he get back its bye bye), krasic, in :a decent rw and cavani ( or some one of his caliber) and a decent left back ( not crucial but saves us from bone head erros when he partners braz)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
We are playing CL next season, that means we will surely need 5 strikers to play all 3 front (CL, Serie A and Coppa). From the looks of it, Del Piero is leaving for sure and Borriello is going back to Roma. That would leave us with Matri, Quag and Vuci. I don't think we would sell Matri after he signing his extension and neither we will sell Vuci as he seems to be Conte's first choice this season. That would leave us with Quag. I would love to have him staying as well , he is a good option to come off the bench, unless we get some considerable offer for him. Dun't forget we still have Iaq back as well though I think he will be sent out on loan if not buy offer arrives. We are going to sign a top striker this summer so the question mark would be on the final spot.

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Send Borriello back to Roma. Delpiero will probably go to America, hope he stays, try and spend 25-35 million euros on a consistent goal scorer. Perhaps Benzema or Dzeko.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Keep: Matri, Quag, DP, Vucinic
Bring in 1 WC striker and a new RW.

A new RW will help however our striker is up their performance and hopefully give Mirko a breather for trying to create.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Borriello goes, top striker comes in. If DP stays, we're set, if he goes, let's get a potential superstar who's physically ready and give him a chance as 5th one. Our own Borini. Vucinič, Matri and Quag's should stay, we need quality depth.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
assuming Capitano and Boriello exit, then:

Jovetic
Higuain
Farfan (free)

the former especially should be very attainable.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Borriello should definitely not be retained/redeemed/kept. He must be disposed of at all costs. Offers absolutely nothing, and for 8 Million Euros, we can put that money towards a more worthwhile investment.

Del Piero deserves another season; he's a club legend, and his experience counts for a lot at the highest level, not to mention that he has been reliable and consistent when called upon. I'd definitely give him an extension, as he deserves to play in the CL one last time before he retires.

Quagliarella should only be sold if we are to use him to lower the price of Jojo, or any other top quality striker.

Matri should stay, unless we got a crazy offer for him (20+ Million).

Vucinic, despite his lethargic approach and lazy attitude at times, is the most unpredictable and creative force in our attack (along with DP). We must keep him, as I feel he will be extremely important during CL games.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Del Piero, Vucinic and Matri I'd keep. I'd keep Quagliarella too if there's still space for him.

Borriello can go back to Rome.

indojuve

djangkrik tjilik
May 12, 2007
In my opinion Matri, Quag and Vucinic will stay, Boriello won't be signed and Del Piero, as much as i want him to stay, will likely go until something extraordinary happen.
I'm sure at least one top player will come, my guess between Jovetic and Higuain, and another player which is not-so-top and willing to sit on the bench, i don't have a clue about this one, maybe a player from another Serie A club, but i prefer someone from our primavera or loanee so the budget can be used for other player.

Giovinco anyone?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
In my opinion Matri, Quag and Vucinic will stay, Boriello won't be signed and Del Piero, as much as i want him to stay, will likely go until something extraordinary happen.
I'm sure at least one top player will come, my guess between Jovetic and Higuain, and another player which is not-so-top and willing to sit on the bench, i don't have a clue about this one, maybe a player from another Serie A club, but i prefer someone from our primavera or loanee so the budget can be used for other player.

Giovinco anyone?

I like Giovinco, I think he'd be great for us. The thing I dont like about Mirko is that he cant get past his man, I dont remember him dribbling ast a player one on one. GIo would be the perfect for the left forward role that Vuci now plays, maybe start as a sub and if he's better than Mirko he can take his place, or we could try him on the right. With a very strong right back like we have I think we could afford to have a bit less defensive work of the rifght forward.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
if we plan to rely on Mirko "street player" Vucinic, might as well forget about CL play-offs next season.

Also if as a result of some major brain-fart from our mang Borriello is signed on perm, I suggest, we pitch in, hire an assassin and whack that basterd off, or he'll cause a lot of gray hairs in our heads...

indojuve

djangkrik tjilik
May 12, 2007
I like Giovinco, I think he'd be great for us. The thing I dont like about Mirko is that he cant get past his man, I dont remember him dribbling ast a player one on one. GIo would be the perfect for the left forward role that Vuci now plays, maybe start as a sub and if he's better than Mirko he can take his place, or we could try him on the right. With a very strong right back like we have I think we could afford to have a bit less defensive work of the rifght forward.
And he is too inconsistent to be rely on, and i really hate watching him play when he isn't on the mood.

I'll trade Vuci if right offer come and Giovinco back to us, but i don't think Gio will suit in the right side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)