Our strikers and the upcoming mercato (1 Viewer)

indojuve

djangkrik tjilik
May 12, 2007
I like Giovinco, I think he'd be great for us. The thing I dont like about Mirko is that he cant get past his man, I dont remember him dribbling ast a player one on one. GIo would be the perfect for the left forward role that Vuci now plays, maybe start as a sub and if he's better than Mirko he can take his place, or we could try him on the right. With a very strong right back like we have I think we could afford to have a bit less defensive work of the rifght forward.
And he is too inconsistent to be relied on, and i really hate watching him play when he isn't on the mood.

I'll trade Vuci if right offer come and Giovinco back to us, but i don't think Gio will suit in the right side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The main "signing" of this squad has to be gaining efficiency - meaning, ability to win games without having to play 100%. And a number one requirement for that kinda big team game is to have super efficient forwards... that's why Vuci cannot be relied on.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I d be pleased with a Vucinic Rossi Quaq trident
with Giaccherini Matri Pepe as their subs and prolly Iaq or Giovinco as options there too.

EstiG, Krasic, DP and Elia are prolly gone... a new more offenisve Padoin will join us, typicaly Marotta's startegy to favor quantity over quality.
Thats the minimum i expect, its within our finacial and Marotta's negociating skills reach. Also comes in line with our nationalistic criteria/priorities.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Quag is surely on his way out if we're going to sign a new striker. Matri just extended his contact.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Great thread hydde. This is a very relevant discussion from two points of view. The personnel at hand, and the formations we are intending to deploy. Our opinions have been changing wi each game as to who should go and who should stay. The reality of course is going to be a little different. With Marrotta confirming that we will retain 80 % of the squad, its very likely that there will not be too many changes across the team, and more specifically in the attacking department which seems like the one needing an overhaul.

There is no doubt in my mind that Del Piero is still the best forward on the team. But unfortunately, I don't know how the management considers him at this point. He earns next to nothing to be a liability even at 37 and I would like nothing more than to sign him on for one more season. With the Champions League, he will bring so much to the table. Class, experience, presence, leadership. Our loss if we let him go.

Matri has been very good this season as well, to prove that he has the potential to contribute at Juventus. He plays wi the right attitude and keeps his head on his shoulders. Truth be told, he has been very unlucky to lose his place in the team, that too to Borriello. Hopefully, he'll keep at it the way he has, because if the recent renewal is any indication then the club believes in him and he'll certainly be here next season.

For me, the absence of Quag has been one of the deciding factors, in making our attack look thin, and unimpressive. His presence would allow the a fantastic alternative to Vucinic and Matri going off the boil as they have, and had he been fit from the start and featured more regularly, I don't think goals would've been the problem they have proven to be for us. His dynamism is something I would definitely use in a Champions league season, where he could play a very prominent role when the team is competing on three fronts.

Vucinic is a tad bit overrated in these parts. He is talented no doubt, but his selfishness coupled with our over dependence on him as a result of the 433 has according to me, been the main reason behind why we have appeared so lax in front of goal. I may not be a die hard fan of this type of player but I recognise eth importance of having a player like this. That being said, Id happily replace him with a Rossi or Jovetic or Suarez. Yes, they are more inclined to the right side, but one of those three and Ramirez would more an fulfill our needs upfront. Anyhow, doubt that will happen, so I hope Vucinic gets the pressure taken off his shoulders because he's not good enough to carry the team and we get a potential wc RWF to complement him. Hopefully we bring in Suarez.

Borriello. Gone.

To sum up, I hope Alex is given the opportunity to stay but I don't think it'll happen. And the attack will lose Alex and Borriello next year to be replaced by a relatively big name and perhaps a promising youngster. Vucinic, Quag and Matri will be retained IMO unless one of them will be used as a bargaining chip for any of our identified targets.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Vucinic will rape Europe next year.
and bitches will be bitching.

what i feel we should do:

del piero: i'd like it very much if he stayed. he gives a sense of calm coming in from the bench, you can always expect something of him. with his 10 minute show against naples soccer he really proved that he can come in from the bench and change the game. sadly, everything seems to be in place for him to leave, therefore i'll count him as gone by the start of next season. farewell, capitano :touched:

quags: rumors been circulating that he might be used in a exchange + cash deal with viola to get jovetic. if this is the case, then i'd like to wrap him in gift paper and deliver him myself. if he can't be used in a deal like that, i would love it if he stayed. we should offer him some continuity, for me - he is the best striker we have at the moment.

matri: sell. i've never been impressed with him. for a striker who clings on to being clinical as the only aspect of his game, he is pretty damn wasteful. if we can sell him off somewhere for 10m i'd be more than happy.

borrigol: send him back to roma. i really hoped he would succeed at juve but it doesn't look like that's happening. i was sad by the fact that he got booed off last game.

vucinic: keep. as much as people rip on him he has been by far the most decisive offensive factor in our play. perhaps he hasn't produced impressive stats this season, but we all saw what our team looks like when he's injured or on the sideline. no harmony in attack, no movement, no technique. he should be our starting lw next year.

what i'd like to see next season:

vucinic - quags - jovetic

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Every one has a price. Thankfully, we don't own Borriello, so we can just fuck him off back to Roma. If we indeed end up procuring his sorry ass, it'd be a massive waste. Since we don't own him, there is no point in wasting an 8 Million outlay + wages on him, only to try to dispose of him later.

Del Piero should stay. His impact both on and off the field could be tremendously useful.

We should sell Vucinic if we got an offer of 22-25 Million. Matri could also be sold for 20+ Million. Quags could potentially be used in a cash + player trade for Jojo.

Ideally, I'd like us to get a proper forward who can score on a consistent basis, and a massive upgrade to Pepe for the RWF position.

Having a strike force like this next season wouldn't be half bad:

Suarez, JoJo, Vucinic, Del Piero, Matri, and Destro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)