Our strikers and the upcoming mercato (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
and bitches will be bitching.

what i feel we should do:

del piero: i'd like it very much if he stayed. he gives a sense of calm coming in from the bench, you can always expect something of him. with his 10 minute show against naples soccer he really proved that he can come in from the bench and change the game. sadly, everything seems to be in place for him to leave, therefore i'll count him as gone by the start of next season. farewell, capitano :touched:

quags: rumors been circulating that he might be used in a exchange + cash deal with viola to get jovetic. if this is the case, then i'd like to wrap him in gift paper and deliver him myself. if he can't be used in a deal like that, i would love it if he stayed. we should offer him some continuity, for me - he is the best striker we have at the moment.

matri: sell. i've never been impressed with him. for a striker who clings on to being clinical as the only aspect of his game, he is pretty damn wasteful. if we can sell him off somewhere for 10m i'd be more than happy.

borrigol: send him back to roma. i really hoped he would succeed at juve but it doesn't look like that's happening. i was sad by the fact that he got booed off last game.

vucinic: keep. as much as people rip on him he has been by far the most decisive offensive factor in our play. perhaps he hasn't produced impressive stats this season, but we all saw what our team looks like when he's injured or on the sideline. no harmony in attack, no movement, no technique. he should be our starting lw next year.

what i'd like to see next season:

vucinic - quags - jovetic
I agree on DP, Borrilol and Vucinic.
Pass on Quaq (i dont thing that an xchange is realistic, esp by Marotta)

But i disagree on Matri, although i dont rate him any better as a finisher, Matri is young enough to develop into a decent one and become overall useful, he should stay at least as a sub, he dont complain now, despite Bori-trol-lol is higher in the pecking order...

I also disagree on the Vuc Quaqs Jovetic, although a huge leap from Vuci Borriello Pepe still will face some finishing issues, we are creating enough already, we need better finishing, those 3 guys would create far more chances and overall score more, but a better in finisher in fron of the creative SSs would make us more efficient.

Next year we will be playing in Europe too.
With Conte as our coach, who tends to use 3 CBs and 3 strikers.
So we can discard our wingers (Krasic, Elia, EstiG) increase the number of wingbacks (Caceres) CBs (keep Bone-cci and add a proper one) and a prolific finisher.
Vuc is likely to be a starter, Giacche his sub the new expensive finisher will be too.
And for the third position and new finisher's sub role, Quaqs, Pepe and one of Iaq or Giovinco will compete.
We need a healthy amount of options, as we will have more games in front of us, both in numbers and importance.
Even as subs, Matri and Quaq should be kept. If they stay. and we are forced to play 3 games in 8 days (Saturday- Wednesday -Sunday)
We wont have to worry that much for the CF and RW sub.
But we boot them and those places are held by Iaq and Borriello...

PS: At any case Nzoric here sees it better than Marotta

Morrona is likely to end up with Vucinic - Borriello - Pepe
and as subs Giacche - Matri - new Giacche and Iaq on the bench

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Morrona is likely to end up with Vucinic - Borriello - Pepe
and as subs Giacche - Matri - new Giacche and Iaq on the bench
For next season? That's very unrealistic. Borrielo will certainly not be a starter next season, there is absolutely no possibility of it.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
For next season? That's very unrealistic. Borrielo will certainly not be a starter next season, there is absolutely no possibility of it.
if Conte and Marotta keep their places, there is one, theoretically Matri will be the starter, but practically Borriello gets more playing time, for an unknown dark reason...
Similar circumstances may cause that next year.

Chances are that we will sell Quaq, because he is not WC and we get too sad when someone is not proved to be WC, so we sell him off, despite being useful or just decent squad player. And then we end with Iaquintas, as we cant escape from their contracts.
We will waste 4/5 of the transfer mercato hunting fairy tale Higuains and Marotta may end up buying Borriello for 8mil, after selling Quaq for to boast a 2mil profit. And then give 10 more for a new Giaccherini or pay more than the money we took to take back Giovinco.
So we will end up with a bunch of Italian mediocre players, instead of 1-2 WC ones...

This is realistic because this is what it has been happening for 7 consecutive seasons...
I hoped Conte would have a word, but he has embraced Borriello too...

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    After seeing Conte´s reaction and his comments on Borrigoller...... im really thinking if he will really give him a chance.
    I mean, it seems like they are doing a charity act to him or something.... or if like he is a poor man wihtout a job and a family and friends , so juventus has this obligation to give him chances. Im grateful that he is training hard and all, but he is not juve material.

I just dont want it to happen... but i will go mad if we sign him on a permanent basis.

I like more the playstyle of quags, because if matri doesnt score he is kinda useless... but right now he is on a slump, so maybe he needs to start firing on all cylinders.

We need one real super striker to guide our line.

About vucinic, i dont know.... he is skilled but is inconsistant. I would like to try Giovinco in one position in the forward line.

In short...we really need to sort out our strikers , as we have too much average skills right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)