[OTHER] Other Leagues 2011/2012 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
About the Witsel situation: Standard representatives, as well as the referee & football authorities, (now) say that Witsel did not intend to hurt Wasilewski. Instead he was going for the ball :crazy:
Intention shouldn't play any role in this. From the moment you make such a dangerous challenge, you should be given the red card + heavy suspension, regardless of whether you injure someone or not.

On the other hand, those same football authorities are pushing for a 2,5 month suspension. That does not make any sense.
The prosecutor requests Witsel to be suspended until 31 december, with the sentence being suspended for the period 16/11-31/12

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Intention shouldn't play any role in this. From the moment you make such a dangerous challenge, you should be given the red card + heavy suspension, regardless of whether you injure someone or not.

You just can't separate intention from result in this case. If you make such a challenge, you only have one intention: hurting the player, since there is no way you're going to get the ball. It would be entirely different had there actually been a chance for Witsel to get the ball.

I do agree with you 100% though when you say a heavy suspension is necessary for all such tackles, regardless of whether the victim is (severely) hurt.
Then again, what exactly is a heavy suspension? It might be something completely different for you than it is for me.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Galatasaray is on fire! Rijkaard's magic is working so far.. I won't be surprised if they go far in Europa League.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
The prosecutor requests Witsel to be suspended until 31 december, with the sentence being suspended for the period 16/11-31/12
Punishement is known, he stays of the field until 23/11, that makes it 10 matches and 1 cup match.
Uefa might also take this over so a few of the CL matches might also be without Witsel.

Long enough?
I expected a punishement until 01/01/10 but I can life with this.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Standard doesn't agree and will fight the punishement, next Friday a decision will follow.
Well, Standard are really making themselves quite popular.
Instead of taking a stand against against this kind of behaviour (& maybe punishing the player), they actually defend Witsel and his actions?

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Serie B 2009/2010, 3a giornata​

Stadio Mario Rigamonti, 20.45 CET

vs.

Formations:

BRESCIA: Arcari; Martinez, De Maio, Mareco, Dalla Mano; Zambelli, Baiocco, Barusso, Lopez; Flachi, Possanzini. All.: Alberto Cavasin.
TORO: Sereni; Colombo, Pratali, Loria, Rubin; Zanetti, Loviso, Belingheri; Gasbarroni; Di Michele, Bianchi. All.: Stefano Colantuono.

Referee: Gianluca Rocchi, Firenze.

Streams: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=48564&part=sports
live commentary: http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/calcio/serie-b/2009-2010/brescia-torino-346282.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)