[OTHER] Other Leagues 2011/2012 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Onyewu will most likely sign for Ajax.
Where did you read that? Cause there is one pretty good latvian guy (probably the best defender we have at the moment) in Ajax trying to get a contract, are there any news about the current group? Who is going home, who is staying..

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Pisa out of professional football

Just weeks after their relegation from Serie B, Pisa have announced their bankruptcy and drop out of professional football.

The club had a dramatic final round of the season, as a flurry of stoppage-time goals around the peninsula meant they went from safety to play-offs to automatic relegation.

They were struggling financially and failed tests set down by the Covisoc (consumers’ committee), who ascertain which clubs are stable enough to register for the new season.

Now the official Pisa website has released a statement confirming “the conditions set down by the Covisoc cannot be met.”

This means bankruptcy and the Tuscan outfit will begin again in Serie D, the amateur League. The hole in their books amounted to nearly £5m.

Pisa were founded in 1909 and were last in Serie A in 1990-91, but also went bankrupt in 1994 and began again from scratch.

channel4.com

The next in line to go down. Sad to see as their crowd was Serie B at least. Better luck next time. Did Birindelli end his career?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Maybe you've noticed that Porto, mostly as a selling club, has been one of the most active teams on the transfer market.

They sold Lisandro Lopez for €24 million, Cissokho for €15 million, Lucho Gonzalez for €18 million, Ibson for €5 million, Paulo Assunção for €3 million and 3-4 more players. In total they sold players for €70 million.
They bought just as many players from the lower Portuguese teams, from smaller European leagues or from Argentina, but for much less money (total €18 million)

But that's not what i want to talk about.
I was looking at the way these transfers were conducted and if you think that those loan and co-ownership deals in Italy are strange, then look at this:

1. Porto bought 80% of Alvaro Pereira's contract from Cluj. The Romanian team still owns 20% of the player and they will get 20% of him from the next sale.

2. Porto bought 50% of Fernando Belluschi from Olympiacos. The other 50% are owned by Belluschi's agent.

3. Porto bought 60% of Radamel Falcao's contract from River Plate. This means that when Falcao will be sold River will get whooping 40% of the money.

4. Porto sold 35% of Vieirinha to PAOK and will get 35% of the money gained from a future transfer of Vierinha out of the club.

5. Porto sold 80% of Aly Cissokho to Lyon and will get 20% of his potential transfer out of Lyon

6. Porto got 1% of Diego's transfer money paid by Juve to Werder Bremen.

1%, 20%, 35%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 80%
What the fuck is this? :lol:

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Thursday 30 July, 2009
Blog: Calcio in crisis

With so many clubs going to the wall in Italy Charles Ducksbury believes it is time that the Lega Calcio took action

Messina, Treviso, Venezia and Como may not be the household names in world football, but all have something in common. All have experienced the glitz and glamour of Serie A in the last few years, but more importantly all have ceased to be and had to re-form in the underworld of Serie D and beyond due to financial difficulties.

On top of these sides, Sambenedettese, Avellino, Pisa, and Pistoise have disappeared from C1, and Ivrea and Biellese from C2 just this year. Add Spezia, Martina, CastelNuovo, Teramo, Lucchese, Massese, Nuorese and Torres from last year, and that's 18 professional teams that have vanished from the ranks in the last 2 years.

However, the reason for this happening is different for the bigger and smaller clubs. The main reason for the smaller clubs is the problem regarding attendances. Compared to the equivalent League in England, Italy trails far behind. Not a single club in England had a League attendance below 1,000 last season, yet in Italy many clubs at C2 level couldn't average over that same number over a season.

This is not a criticism of Italy or it's clubs, however when clubs average the small amounts they do, why is money spent on transfers and paying higher wages when that money should be spent on keeping the club running? The high number of clubs going bust must surely tell the Lega Calcio that sanctions on wages in comparison to revenue need to be put in place, otherwise more clubs will be lost in the future.

In contrast, bigger clubs are going into meltdown because it's too easy to re-form under a different banner and progress back up through the Leagues. Clubs like Messina and Pisa are too big to be playing in the lower Leagues for too long, so they spend large amounts while in B "chasing the dream" with no real deterrent. If they go bust, they'll just re-start and be back where they started in 4 or 5 years.

However, fan pressure does mean Presidents over-spend trying to move their projects ahead of schedule, causing a huge deficit between incomings and outgoings. Again, the Lega Calcio needs to be harder on these clubs, perhaps sending them all the way to the bottom of the ladder, rather than just to Serie D. That way, rather than taking a couple of years to climb back, it would take teams 8 or 9 years, assuming they win promotion every season.

The time has arrived for the authorities to sit up and do something quick, because Italy is losing many clubs, and while some such as Como and Messina will re-appear in time, is it so un-realistic to think that Torres or Teramo will never re-surface?

football-italia.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sad issue you hardly hear about when you're not checking italian sources all the time. I was really shocked by Pisa going down. I feel sad for Treviso also because I was in this cute little town and walked on the pitch in February. There was still Serie B football being played at that time. Messina and Venezia had spells in Serie A not long ago. They will be missed.

I would appreciate a blog for the lower Italian leagues. I don't know whether there is interest or not, but at least Serie B should be relevant for us Juventini. We know how it looks like down there.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Turkish league is indeed on fire, Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are spending loads of money, bringing in quality players, so are Besiktas, Nihat will be a huge transfer :tup:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Anyone got to see the PSV-Ajax match last weekend? There was some good attacking football on show by PSV and some good goals as well...

Edit: And Suarez is a talent. I admit I haven't seen much of him, but when I have, its always been good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)