Old Maresca on his way back (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2006
Maresca still doesn't play every game at Sevilla. Even with their succeses they need to sell some to buy and trim their squad like every other team.. If Enzo wants to leave Juve can make a good deal for him, partic if Sevilla want one of our loan players or something.

As for his quality, he can enter with energy and turn the big games, we need that particular skill for sure - not even quality youngsters will guarantee this ablility.

Additionally we have DM's and AttackingMids but can always use a box-to-box like Maresca who can link the two.. Even in the Cappello days we missed this kind of player. Maresca would be a terrific signing IMO.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I wouldn't mind seeing Maresca back on Juventus, however I do beleive that we have a good shot at selecting a better and more defensive central midfielder.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
i dont think if maresca want to leave sevilla, and maresca is the key mid. in sevilla... how much would sevilla request!!!?
Actually he is not that essential player. Lately he have more playing time but I remeber in one period he was sitting on the bench constatly.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I would keep Zanetti, he's good for depth and Maresca isn't the same type of player anyways.
Zanetti is a decent player, he will be useful next year if he stays injury-free.
Yes, I won't sell Zanetti any time. He is our best centre midfielder right now. Plus, he is capable of dealing with big events.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maresca back on Juventus, however I do beleive that we have a good shot at selecting a better and more defensive central midfielder.
We don't have a lot of options out there.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
include in team of the week from goal.com

Enzo Maresca (Sevilla): Another player who impresses for a second game in a row. Was his usual rugged self in midfield, and produced another stunning strike to spark his team's win. Two points behind the leaders, the title chase is still on!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maresca wasn't good enough back then and he isn't good enough now. He's a great player in the UEFA Cup, if you get my point.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Maresca wasn't good enough back then and he isn't good enough now. He's a great player in the UEFA Cup, if you get my point.
True, we should just get Xavi or Gerrard. :rolleyes:

Maresca would be an upgrade to our current group of centre mids, fact.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why do you think Maresca wasn't good enough? In all honesty, the guy never really got an extended chance to play under Lippi and was only used when somebody else was out of the lineup. Surely he would provide far more than anything players such as Giannichedda or Blasi would... not to mention give us a little creative which is apparently abolished by past and present Juventus management.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why do you think Maresca wasn't good enough? In all honesty, the guy never really got an extended chance to play under Lippi and was only used when somebody else was out of the lineup. Surely he would provide far more than anything players such as Giannichedda or Blasi would... not to mention give us a little creative which is apparently abolished by past and present Juventus management.
And when Maresca did get a run in the team he was very good.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
True, we should just get Xavi or Gerrard. :rolleyes:

Maresca would be an upgrade to our current group of centre mids, fact.
We shouldn't invest in players that aren't going to be worldclass and we surely shouldn't cling onto them for whatever belief we had in them 5 years ago.

Besides, what's the point in playing Maresca over someone like Marchisio? Might be an upgrade, but Marchisio, who has far more potential than Maresca does (because let's not forget Maresca isn't exactly a prodigy anymore), could actually become great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)