Old Maresca on his way back (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I don't think he's playing much anymore, last time I saw him he looked overweight to me. He has too much of a tendency to drift out of games.

OP
Paolo Sosa

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #145
    16/11/2007 21:15

Maresca To Make Juve Return?

Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca might make a return to Juventus, where he is still highly regarded by fans, after his agent was contacted recently by the Old Lady.

zoom - galleria Midfielder Enzo Maresca, currently plying his trade for Sevilla but still owned by Juventus, is fondly remembered by many fans of the Old lady for his character, and his return would make a lot of people happy. Perhaps also coach Claudio Ranieri, who is looking to reinforce a shoddy-looking midfield, would approve.

Both high-profile summer purchases for the midfield, Sergio Almiron and Tiago, are struggling to find their place in the team, even though the Portuguese has recently been given slightly more playing time.

"Juve already contacted us last April," said Maresca's agent Candido Fortunato, "at the time we did not close a deal but it remains a great club... and Enzo will only leave Sevilla for a top-level club."

In any case, it seems unlikely a move will materialise in the January transfer window. A lot depends, according to Fortunato, on how much he will be used from now until the end of the season by the new coach, after Juande Ramos left the club recently. Until now, Maresca had been largely ignored by Ramos in this start to the season.

Danilo Pochini

---------------------------------------------------------------------

so basically BS , although i hope it's true. still remember the Olympiacos game which we hit them with 8. he simply was amazing.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    [QUOTE

Maresca To Make Juve Return?

Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca might make a return to Juventus, where he is still highly regarded by fans, after his agent was contacted recently by the Old Lady.

zoom - galleria Midfielder Enzo Maresca, currently plying his trade for Sevilla but still owned by Juventus, is fondly remembered by many fans of the Old lady for his character, and his return would make a lot of people happy. Perhaps also coach Claudio Ranieri, who is looking to reinforce a shoddy-looking midfield, would approve.

Both high-profile summer purchases for the midfield, Sergio Almiron and Tiago, are struggling to find their place in the team, even though the Portuguese has recently been given slightly more playing time.

"Juve already contacted us last April," said Maresca's agent Candido Fortunato, "at the time we did not close a deal but it remains a great club... and Enzo will only leave Sevilla for a top-level club."

In any case, it seems unlikely a move will materialise in the January transfer window. A lot depends, according to Fortunato, on how much he will be used from now until the end of the season by the new coach, after Juande Ramos left the club recently. Until now, Maresca had been largely ignored by Ramos in this start to the season.

Danilo Pochini [/QUOTE]

For me it is an issue of who may need to replace in January. If we lose Tiago and don't buy that extra creative midfielder, or, sign a player like Diego but for the 2008 season, then we'll need that extra midfielder. Why not give Maresca the chance for the rest of the season? If he plays as he did for Juve in the past, then we have a star midfielder again, if he doesn't not much is lost. Nontheless, with Almiron in his form and the loss of Tiago, the notion of bringing him back shouldnt be dismissed too easily.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
    If he Maresca still belongs to Juve then we should bring him back. He isn't a bad player. That way we can sell Tiago to Barca and then we would have more money so that we would be able to buy Diego

Geof

May 14, 2004
    The only way we would use an AMC is if he is that good, that Ranieri has to adapt his system.

If we get someone like Diego, Van der Vaart,.. Ranieri is bound to play him.

Maresca doesn't offer that, and would follow the same destiny as Tiago and Almiron. I don't see the point of that.

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
    unlike, tiago and almiron.Maresca plays with heart..look at Iaqunita, Buffon, Chiellini who play with heart always running and moving..I am not saying that we should start maresca over current mid-fielders if bought..bring him in as a sub..he can adapt in italy and right now almiron hasn't shown anything for juve but, maresca did show something at juve..I would bring him on Loan...keep him as an active sub..against like milan, roma, inter, fiorentina he can be a sub but against like reggina, livorno, catania and parma he can start..he is creative and can attack well..an exmaple will be Juventus - Olympiakos 7-0 he had a great shot and assists

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Maresca and Miccoli, i still dont know why those players werent given the chance!! Absolute stars in my opinion. Good to see Conte and Pessotto in those highlights...Zalayeta is a monster in the air!!

Just on Maresca, I think if he played central with Zanetti he probably wouldn't perform great as Ranieri wants to utilise the wings a lot more. Maresca would be better used ina Nedved type role, where he could go out wide or cut in behind/across the strikers.

-----CZ--------???-----

Camo---------------Maresca

-----Trez------Iaquinta

Something like that would suit him best...and correct me if i am wrong but at Sevilla, he played his best in a role similar to this, could have been on the right though...especially in the UEFA cup a season or 2 back.

In saying that, I guess I would rather see Palladino playing that role instead.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Maresca and Miccoli, i still dont know why those players werent given the chance!! Absolute stars in my opinion. Good to see Conte and Pessotto in those highlights...Zalayeta is a monster in the air!!

Just on Maresca, I think if he played central with Zanetti he probably wouldn't perform great as Ranieri wants to utilise the wings a lot more. Maresca would be better used ina Nedved type role, where he could go out wide or cut in behind/across the strikers.

-----CZ--------???-----

Camo---------------Maresca

-----Trez------Iaquinta

Something like that would suit him best...and correct me if i am wrong but at Sevilla, he played his best in a role similar to this, could have been on the right though...especially in the UEFA cup a season or 2 back.

In saying that, I guess I would rather see Palladino playing that role instead.
    IMO having Maresca is good but Miccoli is overrated. Zalayeta should have been given more chances.

I still prefer Palladino on the left hand side as his performances have been pretty good to be honest.

Maresca plays in the centre, but ever since the purchase of Poulsen Maresca's chances have been limited, with the former performing so well in his debut sesion. I will propose a 6 month loan deal to see how he performs. But on the other hand, I take it that Giovinco and Marchisio will return to the squad next season, so there will be no space for Maresca again. A lot of considerations need to be taken if the board really were to purchase/borrow Maresca back

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
    Juve, hai bisogno di un centrocampista? Ti ricordi di quello che fece le corna nel derby?

Maresca non esclude l'ipotesi Juve: "Potrei tornare, so che c'è un interessamento".

zoom - galleria Difficile che i tifosi dimentichino un giocatore che segna nel derby: pensate addirittura ad un giocatore che sbeffeggia senza pensarci sopra i tifosi avversari dopo il goal del pareggio allo scadere. Il giocatore di cui si parla è ovviamente Enzo Maresca e il suo nome potrebbe tornare ad essere inciso sulle spalle di una casacca bianconera.

Il centrocampista ha infatti dichiarato al sito web del proprio club, il Siviglia: "So che c'è stato un contatto, un interessamento da parte juventina e potrei tornare. Non c'è però ancora nulla di concreto e qui sto bene, tuttavia ho un anno e mezzo di contratto ma tutto può cambiare".

http://www.goal.com/it/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=487110

OP
    Paolo Sosa

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #160
    Juve, hai bisogno di un centrocampista? Ti ricordi di quello che fece le corna nel derby?

Maresca non esclude l'ipotesi Juve: "Potrei tornare, so che c'è un interessamento".

zoom - galleria Difficile che i tifosi dimentichino un giocatore che segna nel derby: pensate addirittura ad un giocatore che sbeffeggia senza pensarci sopra i tifosi avversari dopo il goal del pareggio allo scadere. Il giocatore di cui si parla è ovviamente Enzo Maresca e il suo nome potrebbe tornare ad essere inciso sulle spalle di una casacca bianconera.

Il centrocampista ha infatti dichiarato al sito web del proprio club, il Siviglia: "So che c'è stato un contatto, un interessamento da parte juventina e potrei tornare. Non c'è però ancora nulla di concreto e qui sto bene, tuttavia ho un anno e mezzo di contratto ma tutto può cambiare".

http://www.goal.com/it/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=487110
    ???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)