Official Valeri Bojinov Thread (6 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
good try and do a Moggi.

If you can fit Toni in one pocket and Frey in the other i'm sure all juventini would be grateful to you. And call for you to replace Chimenti as the king :D:p
nah sod frey, ill stop by at cagliari to kidknap chimi instead, toni wud be too big to fit in my car, i may stop by to pick up pocket striker miccoli, im missing him too much, but hey, if i have to return, ill stay :)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Badass Devil said:
nah sod frey, ill stop by at cagliari to kidknap chimi instead, toni wud be too big to fit in my car, i may stop by to pick up pocket striker miccoli, im missing him too much, but hey, if i have to return, ill stay :)
to kidnap the King you will ahve to go through about 100 bodyguards every 100 metres and the ransom on his head is over 200 Billion Euros. And Cagliari will come after you with Weapons of Mass Destruction and then Bush will come for you and everyone, except the King who can survive blasts of WMD, will die.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
to kidnap the King you will ahve to go through about 100 bodyguards every 100 metres and the ransom on his head is over 200 Billion Euros. And Cagliari will come after you with Weapons of Mass Destruction and then Bush will come for you and everyone, except the King who can survive blasts of WMD, will die.

so wot u want me to do? shave my head off, grow a goatie and look like chimi now? tht ive just done the boji look,

hey il re, rab and myself are the strikeforce to die for

2 ale's and 1 bojigols ;)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Badass Devil said:
so wot u want me to do? shave my head off, grow a goatie and look like chimi now? tht ive just done the boji look,

hey il re, rab and myself are the strikeforce to die for

2 ale's and 1 bojigols ;)
so now we just need 1 Buffon and 1 Paro and we'll be set to start our own team :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Badass Devil said:
can we start a thread? where we all post pics of look alike footballers?
i dont think i look like any footballer, but when i'm on the top of my game they say i can play like Zambrotta (when he was still good) and can do tricks like Totti in the adverts. :D

. Pity the guy that looks like Zebina or Ronaldinho :D :rofl2:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
i dont think i look like any footballer, but when i'm on the top of my game they say i can play like Zambrotta (when he was still good) and can do tricks like Totti in the adverts. :D

. Pity the guy that looks like Zebina or Ronaldinho :D :rofl2:
lol i play down the flanks in hockey and usually in football, so i get the same, either cicinho or zebina, and my mate says i bend the ball like ale with my free kicks and crosses

edit: i meant cicinho and zambo

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Badass Devil said:
lol i play down the flanks in hockey and usually in football, so i get the same, either cicinho or zebina, and my mate says i bend the ball like ale with my free kicks and crosses

i was playing a match last tuesday and the ball was bending too much! I had this chance which i would usually bury and instead of powering in they were curving so each time i was getting brilliant chances only for them to curve over the bar. The only goal i scored was a header which was quite impressive IMO. They gave a long ball i went running the goaler came out to grab the ball and as i saw him come out i lobbed it over him with my head and it hit the side post and went in.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nikolaus said:
yeah we have to keep him under any circumstances...
Well, he would probably stay with us, he likes us, but the problem is if he play really good as he plays now Fiorentina will want him back.

Another problem is that we are rival teams, they arent going to give him easily to us.

On the other hand we have very good relations to Fiorentina, as we sold them Mutu and loaned them Blasi.

We have an option to buy 50 % of his contract that means co-own him, but will Fiorentina accept that we buy his 50 % in the end of a season that I dont know!

A messy situation...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Bozhinov fulfilling his destiny
Friday, 6 October 2006

by Stoyan Georgiev & Paolo Menicucci

This week some players across the continent are facing UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifiers; others are involved in UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs. Or, if you are Bulgaria striker Valeri Bozhinov, a bit of both. :D

Hectic schedule
On Saturday, while his U21 team-mates are in Belgium, Bozhinov is set to line up for the seniors at home to the Netherlands. Four days later, as the UEFA EURO 2008™ hopefuls go to Luxembourg, Bozhinov is tipped to stay in Sofia for the U21s' return leg against Belgium. That is a fairly relaxed schedule by Bozhinov's standards: last month the 20-year-old came on for the last 28 minutes of a 2-2 EURO qualifying draw in Romania, then 24 hours later he played and scored for the U21s in a vital 2-1 win against Croatia, and three days after that returned to the seniors to start a 3-0 defeat of Slovenia and again got among the goals. But then, as Bozhinov's stepfather Sasho Angelov - himself a former Bulgarian international - told uefa.com: "Valeri was destined for greatness."

Italy via Malta
Bozhinov's background is unusual. Born in the Bulgarian town of Gorna Oryahovitsa to a women's volleyball international, he later moved to Malta. Spotted aged 13 playing for Pietà Hotspurs FC, Angelov's club, by US Lecce sporting director Pantaleo Corvino, Bozhinov moved to Italy for €15,000 and before his 16th birthday had made his Serie A debut, becoming the youngest ever foreign player in that league. His senior international bow was similarly prodigious as he came off the bench for the second half of the UEFA EURO 2004™ match against Italy in Portugal. Some spectacular displays for Lecce then earned the teenager a €13m transfer to ACF Fiorentina in January 2005, and this summer he switched to Juventus as part of the Adrian Mutu deal.

Determination
Angelov, who won ten Bulgaria caps in the 1990s, remembers Bozhinov's move to Italy. "Valeri grew up playing football," Angelov said. "He used to watch the great national side from the 90s and was determined to become a footballer. On 30 June 1999 I went to Malta and my family arrived a week later. Then on 6 October he went on trial to Lecce. I remember the date because the night before, his sister was born. Lecce immediately asked him to stay at the club and he did not hesitate at all. He was just 13 at the time and had to remain in Italy on his own. But he wanted to become a professional player and showed the character and stamina for that. He had not even taken a lot of clothes with him and returned to Malta two months later for Christmas. He wanted so much to play in Italy."

Italian upbringing
Once in Italy, Lecce treated him as a son and he was taken under the wing of a local priest, Don Damiano. "From him I learnt not to lose contact with real life," said Bozhinov, fluent in the Leccese dialect as well as Italian. He also learned at the feet of coach Zdeněk Zeman, considered the maestro of attacking football in Italy. Indeed, after scoring a goal against AS Roma, Bozhinov ran towards the notoriously stony-faced Zeman and planted a kiss on his forehead - a scene that amused all in Italian football. He may now have moved down a division with Juventus, but he is gaining the opportunity to learn from Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet despite often having to watch them from the bench. "I know that I have to improve if I want to play for a team like Juventus," Bozhinov said. "Del Piero and Trezeguet are models for me, they have scored so many goals for Juve and I hope I will be able to emulate them one day."

Valeri always wanted to be a striker and to score goals and now he is doing exactly that
Sasho Angelov, Valeri Bozhinov's stepfather

'In his veins'
He is already getting there. Angelov, now coaching Chumerna Elena back in Bulgaria, had no doubts his stepson would. "Of course, it is easy to say now that I believed he would become such an excellent player," Angelov said. "But that was exactly the case. Football really is in his veins. As a child he wanted to be a forward and score goals. One of the good strikers in Bulgaria in the early 90s was Valentin Ignatov. We were close friends and he always showed Valeri a lot of tricks and free-kicks. Valeri always wanted to be a striker and to score goals and now he is doing exactly that."

'Devoted'
This is just what Bulgaria need, be it at senior or U21 level. And combining those two usually exclusive roles is just what Bozhinov relishes. Angelov said: "He played three games in just four days...that's exactly him. He wants to play as much as possible. He does not mind playing for either side as he is defending the national team colours. He still very young and there is a lot of room for improvement, but he is fully focused on his targets and devoted to the game."

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
wonder strike by Bojinov and with his right foot!Reminds of Di Vaio's equalising goal against Milan a few years back. thanx for posting that Corvette.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sateeh said:
wonder strike by Bojinov and with his right foot!Reminds of Di Vaio's equalising goal against Milan a few years back. thanx for posting that Corvette.
di vaio's was better imo. neat pass by trez as well. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)