Official Valeri Bojinov Thread (3 Viewers)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
BIG DADDY!!! said:
Bojo: what a brace!

It was a wonderful brace, sealed with two incredible left-footed strikes, the second a real picture post card. Juventus’ comeback stemmed from the feet of Bojinov and while the Bulgarian enjoyed the deserved praise, he didn’t forget to thank Alex Del Piero for the advice he gave him during the break: “Alex told me to play in between the opposition defensive and midfield lines and to get closer to Palladino. I did it and it went well, we managed to create a lot of chances and find the room to get the midfield forward. The second goal? Before Alex was injured, I always stayed with him after training to take free-kicks and learn his secrets. Now he’s out injured I’m carrying on myself and yesterday I tried three. The last one went in off the bar and I did it again today”.

this guy is a jewel. he wants to learn more !

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
juvefan10 said:
wota free kick, this guy jst rocks...
i think i know where he learned to score like this... it's all about Alex
It's down to his skill, of course, but he did say that Del Piero has been giving him a few pointers :agree:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dominic said:
Problem is he and Palladino are too similar in their roles. They are direct competitors for a place(DP's place) and only one of them is going to be with us next season.
Not necessarily true. Bojinov is fare more of a killer than Palladino in my eyes. You could make him a true centre forward. Besides, at times two creative forwards is nice as well.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Personally I see no reason why we shouldn't keep our forward lineup as it is even for next year. Its perfect.
Whats anything but perfect is our back line. It is terrible. We have to find a solution. Midfield is reasonable, Forwards are great and Goalkeepers are really good (all 3 for the first time in quite sometime we have a decent sub let alone 2). Or sides are fine with Camoranesi, Nedved, Marchionni, De Cegli and Chiellini, Balzaretti, Birindelli at the back.
But central deffense is really terrible. If we could grab a player in the likes of Barzagli in the January period it would be awesome. He would have good time to blend in with the squad before next season.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
Personally I see no reason why we shouldn't keep our forward lineup as it is even for next year. Its perfect.
Whats anything but perfect is our back line. It is terrible. We have to find a solution. Midfield is reasonable, Forwards are great and Goalkeepers are really good (all 3 for the first time in quite sometime we have a decent sub let alone 2). Or sides are fine with Camoranesi, Nedved, Marchionni, De Cegli and Chiellini, Balzaretti, Birindelli at the back.
But central deffense is really terrible. If we could grab a player in the likes of Barzagli in the January period it would be awesome. He would have good time to blend in with the squad before next season.
Yeah, bring in this fat kid Barzagli, he's great :tup:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Just saw the highlights. Two wonderful goals from Bojinov. He hits those with real venom. Seven is right. There is no reason to choose Palladino and Bojinov over the other. They can form Del Piero - Pippo esque partnership - hopefull yas good as they were in their prime.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
forget barzagli he is really overated ..... you want our youngsters to shine then i say.... criscito for sure that player is pure talent mark my words..... and i would definatly get massiello back and play him in the last matches when we are already obtained a seria a spot..... he aint playng with siena

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
djleli said:
forget barzagli he is really overated ..... you want our youngsters to shine then i say.... criscito for sure that player is pure talent mark my words..... and i would definatly get massiello back and play him in the last matches when we are already obtained a seria a spot..... he aint playng with siena
If we are to be instant challengers in Serie A next year, then no offence but we will need far better solutions in central defence than Boumsong, Legrottallie, Criscito & Masiello. If you look at Barzagli, he is prob the 3rd best Italian CB at the moment. Canna & Nesta obv better, but you have to rank Barzagli over Matrix who has very limited skills & an even more limited temper. Central defence is our only weak area as people have already posted. Our keeper is the Worlds Greatest of All Times, with a top quality backup, full backs we have the best group in Italy with Balza, Biri & Chiellini plus De Ceglie learning from them. Central midfield needs 1, maybe 2 world class additions (Mascherano maybe?), with GG or Zanetti playing & Paro getting the valuable experience he needs. On the flanks we are very strong, Camo, Nedved & Marchionni, with Palla able to provide depth. Up front, depending on Trezegol's plans & our ability to keep Boji, we look very strong. Ale is still a great source of inspiration, leadership & has always provided key goals at vital moments. Another one or two additions here would complete an awesome squad, capable of challenging on all fronts.

Overall we must remember that we need to return to our former position atop of serie A, with world class additions this is possible. We have lost 6 top players (wether we hold that esteem for them is another matter) without spending on replacements, instead using our vast array of hungry young talent to fill the void. You have to believe the board will use the monies generated to bring in 5 or 6 top notch replacements in time for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)