Official: Shevchenko to leave Milan (10 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i dont know if someone posted it but what the hell

AC Milan have accepted Andriy Shevchenko's transfer request but have warned Chelsea they must break the bank to land the Ukraine striker.

Shevchenko, 29, appeared alongside the Italian club's vice-president Adriano Galliani at their offices in Via Turati in downtown Milan at a hastily arranged press conference to announce his decision this afternoon.

Shevchenko said: 'I am leaving for family reasons - I want to thank the club for everything it's given to me.
'There's no problems regarding my relationship with anyone in the club or any financial problems.'
Galliani, in day-to-day control of the club owned by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, said: 'It's a victory of the English language over the Italian language.'
That was apparently a reference to Shevchenko's American wife who reportedly wants a move to England.
'I've tried to convince him to stay - even one minute prior to the press conference,' continued Galliani.
'This is certainly the most painful divorce since I have been at Milan and from now on we will begin negotiations with Chelsea and it will not be easy.'
Shevchenko's goals helped Milan stay in the race for the Scudetto in the recently-completed season - they ultimately finished second behind Juventus - but was reportedly at odds with his coach, Carlo Ancelotti, on several occasions.
Chelsea, who also signed Germany captain Michael Ballack earlier in May, have been linked with the striker ever since the acquisition of the club by Russian owner Roman Abramovich.
Milan signed Shevchenko to a contract extension last year, which tied him to the Rossoneri until June 2009, after speculation Chelsea were about to make an approach.
Shevchenko, who will captain Ukraine at the World Cup this summer in Germany, turns 30 in September.
He joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999.
Shevchenko is the second top scorer in the history of AC Milan behind Gunnar Nordahl.
The Ukrainian has scored 173 goals in his seven years at the club and is a former winner of the Ballon d'Or.
'My wish is that the club can evaluate my transfer,' said Shevchenko. 'Of course I am saddened because I have seen the looks on the faces of the fans and because of the many messages I have received.
'My wife has nothing to do with this. We decided together for the best interests of our family.
'I don't speak English, my wife does not speak Ukrainian - the only language we have in common at the moment is Italian and the only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language.'
Shevchenko and his model wife Kristen Pazik have an 18-month old son called Jordan Andriy.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=369154&cc=5901

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #45
    nah it isnt that big surprise, good players have ended their career in england even before. look chelsea some years before, when they had Gullit, Marcel Desailly, Vialli, Zola. surprisingly moust of their greats have come from serie a. So imo saying that italian league is bad because "stars" leave is rubish. it looks like moust of those stars develope and are at their best in italy and either want a change or just need to change for some family reasons.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    edpiero said:
    So does anyone have any leads on who Milan are going to get as their next top hitman ?

i would say ronaldo to piss off inter but i dont think he is that great of a hitman anymore...... maybe they will give vieri another go...haha! i'm sure they will be involved with guys like suazo, and if we put ibrah (which i pray we do) on the market im sure they will look into him

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    edpiero said:
    So does anyone have any leads on who Milan are going to get as their next top hitman ?
    I would say it will be in this order:

1- Crespo and Zlatan
    2- Adriano
    3- Henry

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    axlrose85 said:
    Adriano would be a possible option.younger and more talented than the other strikers that are being linked to milan imo.
    I dont think Inter would want to sell a player with his calibre to an arch-rival.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Jeeks said:
    I would say it will be in this order:

1- Crespo and Zlatan
    2- Adriano
    3- Henry

henry?? he is set to stay with arsenal

its going to be zlaten and he will come off of the bench behind gilla and
    inzaghi

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #55
    edpiero said:
    I dont think Inter would want to sell a player with his calibre to an arch-rival.
    if there is one team who would exactly do that, its inter

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Morra10 said:
    lol why is he on your list if your sure he wont leave arsenal?
    Because he is linked with them and the transfer mercato hasn't even begun yet so anything can happen.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    edpiero said:
    Because he is linked with them and the transfer mercato hasn't even begun yet so anything can happen.

henry has said he really wants to stay in arsenal and if he says that he isn't the type of person to just up and leave. He wouldn't do that to the team or wouldn't do that to the fans.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    That's why I put him as third in my list.
    At the end of day, I think Crespo would be the right decision to go for, after all the man played in the final with them and even scored. If it was someone else, Im afraid I would think otherwise

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    Elvin said:
    olly sh-t, Sheva out? Then I say Juve wins Scudetto next season too, this time for sure (if we stay of course)

A milan with Gallas and nearly 60 million euros to spend will be much stronger next year than this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)