Official: Shevchenko to leave Milan (5 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
It would be in Milan's interest to milk Sheva for what he's worth now rather than later. The recent scandals can only have strengthened his resolve to leave and if he's indeed Chelsea bound I can see a truckload of moolah headed for the Meazza coffers.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
This does explain Milan being linked with Ronaldo, Torres, Henry and RVN over the season. I can't imagine Shevchenko not being at Milan, it would be like Roma didn't have Totti, or Madrid without Raul.

Degen

May 16, 2006
Well concerning Torres I'd like to throw into the poll that Milan and all other teams know about the Spanish problem.don't they. Milan had JoseMarí and it was a big loss of money and time to get him. Somehow it appears that Spanish players don't get used to the Serie A just remember Gaizka Mendieta who was just a poor picture of the glorious Ché when at Lazio. If Torres leaves Athleti I'd suppose that he is going to wear the white shirt of Real as they tend to espanolizar su team after the INternational Harlem globetrotters years.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Degen said:
Well concerning Torres I'd like to throw into the poll that Milan and all other teams know about the Spanish problem.don't they. Milan had JoseMarí and it was a big loss of money and time to get him. Somehow it appears that Spanish players don't get used to the Serie A just remember Gaizka Mendieta who was just a poor picture of the glorious Ché when at Lazio. If Torres leaves Athleti I'd suppose that he is going to wear the white shirt of Real as they tend to espanolizar su team after the INternational Harlem globetrotters years.
If Torres leaves Athletico - Real is the last place he would go if you knew anything about his character. He is one of those types of players that is so loyal people believe he could well never leave. Easily the best player to never play in the CL and this has been by choice. It is very likely he would move abroad rather than another Spanish club however Barca could well be the only club that could lure - especially given the havoc he caused against them the past two seasons.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Shev leaving Milan – official

Friday 26 May, 2006

Milan have announced that Andriy Shevchenko will leave the Italian giants before the start of next season.

The two parties held talks at the outfit’s Via Turati headquarters this afternoon after the player recently admitted that he was pondering an exit.

Milan official Adriano Galliani attempted to convince the former European Footballer of the Year to remain but without success.

“I’m leaving for family reasons,” stated the Chelsea target. “I want to thank the club for what they have done for me.

“I would like to point out that there were no problems in our relationship and this isn’t about money.”

Galliani added: “It was a victory for the English language over the Italian one. I did all that I could do to convince him to stay.

“This is the most difficult separation since I have been at Milan.”

Shevchenko is now expected to join the Premiership champions, even if Galliani insists there is still some way to go before anything is agreed.

“We will now start negotiations with Chelsea, but they won’t be easy,” concluded the Rossoneri Vice-President.

channel4.com

Chelsea is begining to look quite impresive :eek:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Friday 26 May, 2006
Milan have announced that Andriy Shevchenko will leave the Italian giants before the start of next season.

The two parties held talks at the outfit’s Via Turati headquarters this afternoon after the player recently admitted that he was pondering an exit.

Milan official Adriano Galliani attempted to convince the former European Footballer of the Year to remain but without success.

“I’m leaving for family reasons,” stated the Chelsea target. “I want to thank the club for what they have done for me.

“I would like to point out that there were no problems in our relationship and this isn’t about money.”

Galliani added: “It was a victory for the English language over the Italian one. I did all that I could do to convince him to stay.

“This is the most difficult separation since I have been at Milan.”

Shevchenko is now expected to join the Premiership champions, even if Galliani insists there is still some way to go before anything is agreed.

“We will now start negotiations with Chelsea, but they won’t be easy,” concluded the Rossoneri Vice-President.

www.channel4.com

Shevchenko, addio Milan
Ufficiale: il bomber va al Chelsea. Galliani: "È la separazione più dolorosa". L'attaccante: "Non c'entra nulla mia moglie, abbiamo deciso insieme per il bene della nostra famiglia"

http://www.gazzetta.it/

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Andy said:
Friday 26 May, 2006

It's a great victory for the Russian words of Abramovich. He is an incredible guy and proves his charm is much further than his money. Quite simply a deal was never here to be done as with Henry. It's not like when a player normally leaves per se; in that he wants to leave or wants a new challenge. There is no market for Sheva as the deal is already there waiting to be signed.

From this point of view one has to admire the romantic element of Abramovich. Taking a club such as Chelsea close to bankrupcy and not stopping till they are the best in the World. Bankrolling Russia's bid to obtain Hiddink as manager as his nation should be doing much better than missing out on tournaments such as this one approaching and getting that manager ahead of more lucrative positions shows it is more than just his billions. The final masterstroke is Sheva by supporting his last desire which is to lead Ukraine into the European Championships. Unfortunately, for Milan that is where their objectives differ no matter how painful the split. Being in Italy would have meant conflicts to this objective and Abramovich offered a solution few would have thought about even if the outlay may not benefit the way shareholder's at Chelsea or 'normal' clubs would expect.

This deal is the meeting of two great men. Sadly for Milan it is the loss of it's greatest player in recent years but the memory of him in the Curva for the last match of the season and his goals will live long.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
wow Chelsea is begining to look quite impresive, ballack, sheva and aren't they linked with a couple of other players like roberto carlos.....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
A Big loss to Italian football.

As a Juventus fan I admired this player alot, I respect him just like I do respect Paolo Maldini and Alex Del Piero. It felt really bad to see him leaving.

Anyhow I wish him good luck whether It's Chelsea or I don't know where. In just 7years he has become a Legend in Red and Black Jersey.

Good Luck Sheva:).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
mark77 said:
That's what happens when your wife as you by the balls.
It's funny how players are able to channel the hatred onto their wives. "I made the decision thinking about my family." If anyone at all would say that, people would think "oh he's being responsible, he's doing the right thing." But footballers can't get away with that, when they say that next day at the training ground fans are sporting banners "we hate your wife who's making you leave".

Sheva is thinking "it worked for Zidane..."

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #36
    so he really left. chelsea are gona be very very strong next season, in europe also. Only referees can change their chanses in europe.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Stephan said:
    so he really left. chelsea are gona be very very strong next season, in europe also. Only referees can change their chanses in europe.
    This is if they meet Barcelona :wink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)