Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (21 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Vieira is as old as Totti,he isnt finished,
he had a bad year,he was tired and unmotivated there,
enough is enough,
he is curently underrated because of his bad year,
one good year with us and next year Real will make a 30mil bid,
he is a warrior,he is coming to fight for us and few players in the world can fight as he does,
he is here to win CL and he is rested,
Cap would use 2DMs anyway,we have now the best in the world and they are both creative

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Why is that Martin? i find it rather understandable.
We buy another defensive midfielder, already having lots of them. Instead of investing in an offensively minded player, which is what we really need. There is a rumour about Emerson assuming a more offensive role but I don't see it happening.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Well, yeah, I guess...Thats been my only concern. What if we aren't able to generate any attacks, we'd definately not win the CL. I think we will attack through the middle with Neddy or Mutu, and have Zambo regularly comin up on the flanks as Vieira and Emerson cover.

But I assume we will get rid of 2 of our Defensive midfielders. We do need one creative midfielder and if we end this transfer market without one, I have my doubts about the CL.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Since Capello, our transfer policy puzzles me. And this is another one of those.
Nothing puzzling about it to be honest. He's building a squad that will be competitive enough in the Champions League during his time with us. Hes not really concentrating on the long term.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

But I assume we will get rid of 2 of our Defensive midfielders. We do need one creative midfielder and if we end this transfer market without one, I have my doubts about the CL.
I dont see another midfielder coming to be honest. We could however retain Mutu and play him on the left wing. Even though, like you rightly said, the attack is going to be happening from the middle, and Vieira - Emo will in all probability be linking with Cassano.

rainhard

May 5, 2004

We buy another defensive midfielder, already having lots of them. Instead of investing in an offensively minded player, which is what we really need. There is a rumour about Emerson assuming a more offensive role but I don't see it happening.

Capello need the midfielder that can take the ball from enemy player. then, start the attack from the wing or from the middle. i think vieira is good on attacking with build up play.

sometimes he make a goal for arsenal.
beside that for our striker we have zlatan and trez.
zlatan can play deep. and trez as lone striker upfront.
if vieira joined .i cant wait to see how juve play next season

arghhhhhhhh forget it... any television broadcast lega calcio in indonesia???

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Someone once told me that the long term is built on a series of short terms.
Let's look at it this way...

If we win the CL and maybe the Calcio, it makes Juve very attractive for some other young men, it gives us sponsorships and a lot of cash...

And I don't think Don Fabio is about to leave!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well, yeah, I guess...Thats been my only concern. What if we aren't able to generate any attacks, we'd definately not win the CL. I think we will attack through the middle with Neddy or Mutu, and have Zambo regularly comin up on the flanks as Vieira and Emerson cover.

Mutu will *not* be a success on the wing. I'm sick of players being bought and played out of position because the club set the wrong priorities.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

Mutu will *not* be a success on the wing. I'm sick of players being bought and played out of position because the club set the wrong priorities.
I didnt say Mutu should be used on the wings, I said Neddy or Mutu can start the attack from the middle while zambrotta comes up on the wings/flanks. And the position/ weakness zambrotta leaves behind can be filled by either Viera or Emerson. (Im talking in a single game, not a line-up)

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by rainhard ] ++
sometimes he make a goal for arsenal.
Just remember his wonderful set-up with Henry and goal against Liverpool last term at Anfield.

Vieira has some creative skills and I believe that our midfield would be the best in Europe.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

I didnt say Mutu should be used on the wings, I said Neddy or Mutu can start the attack from the middle while zambrotta comes up on the wings/flanks. And the position/ weakness zambrotta leaves behind can be filled by either Viera or Emerson. (Im talking in a single game, not a line-up)
So where would Mutu play then? Up front? That still doesn't solve much, given that we have enough forwards to stock both ourselves and Inter.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++

Just remember his wonderful set-up with Henry and goal against Liverpool last term at Anfield.

Vieira has some creative skills and I believe that our midfield would be the best in Europe.

I agree, he's very strong and can hold off challenges successfully and can bring the ball up the pitch if necessary. And there is no doubt he has more creativity than Blasi or Tacchinardi.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Juventus' general manager Luciano Moggi believes that the Serie A giants will complete the signing of Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira on Thursday afternoon.

Moggi arrived in London on Wednesday to conduct talks with The Gunners after they indicated they were prepared to listen to the Turin club's offer.

The Juve director now believes that a completion of those talks is close with Vieira set to seal a switch back to Serie A, where he has played before in an ill-fated spell at Milan.

"We are on the verge of signing him, the deal should be completed this afternoon," said Moggi, who insisted that talk of a double bid that included Robert Pires was not an option.

"We are not interested in Pires," he added.

To the dismay of many Arsenal fans it has looked increasingly likely that their iconic captain would depart this summer.

After fighting off interest from Real Madrid last summer, the France international led Arsenal to the FA Cup, but it appears the 29-year-old is relishing a new challenge.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
uve-Vieira, è fatta
14 07 2005

Patrick Vieira
Patrick Vieira Grazia Neri

E' fatta: la Juventus ha praticamente raggiunto l'accordo con l'Arsenal per l'acquisto di Patrick Vieira. Il 29enne centrocampista francese sarebbe costato una cifra intorno ai 18 milioni di euro ai bianconeri e avrebbe firmato con il club di Corso Galileo Ferraris un quadriennale da 5 milioni di euro a stagione.

Oggi dovrebbe quindi arrivare l'ufficializzazione del passaggio del giocatore alla squadra piemontese, con Vieira che dovrebbe arrivare nei prossimi giorni nel capoluogo, sostenere le visite mediche e unirsi poi a compagni di suadra, giò in ritiro a Salice Terme.

Come avevamo spiegato ieri su queste pagine, era chiaro che la trattativa fosse ormai in via di definizione e la conferma si è avuta nella serata quando la Triade al gran completo, Antonio Giraudo, Roberto Bettega e Luciano Moggi, è volata a Londra: notoriamente quando da Torino si muovono tutti e tre i "pezzzi grossi", è chiaro che la Juventus sta per chiudere un'operazione di mercato.

Capello avrà così nuovamente ai suoi ordini un giocatore che aveva conosciuto una decina d'anni fa nell'unica esperienza in Italia del Nazionale francese, esperienza al Milan che, data anche la giovane età del centrocampista, non fu particolarmente brillante. Ora, invece, Vieira è considerato uno dei migliori centrocampisti d'Europa e con Emerson andrebbe a formare una vera e propria diga in mezzo al campo.

Ovviamente, come l'anno passato con Emerson e Ibahimovic, la Juventus s'è trovata "spinta" da Capello a fare un grosso sacrificio economico e nei prossimi giorni, più che pensare a Cassano e Mancini, dovrà soprattutto badare a fare cassa con le cessioni dei vari Tudor, Maresca, Tacchinardi e Miccoli, per i quali non mancano certamente gli acquirenti.

Dal canto loro, i Gunners, alle prese con le spese per la costruzione del novo stadio che sostituirà Huighbury, hanno deciso di privarsi del loro capitano, ottenendo una cifra intorno ai 15-16 milioni di euro e riparmiandone oltre 11 dal'ingaggio che Vieira avrebbe percepito nei prossimi giorni. Oltretutto, il fatto che a Londra avessero già preso Aleksander Hleb, centrocampista bielorusso dello Stoccarda, faceva pensare che Patrick non fosse più incedibile.

Oltre a Viera, poi, la Juventus potrebbe chiudere anche per Robert Pires: ieri il manager del giocatore, Stephan Courbuis, ha smentito il passagggio del suo assistito al Galatasary, chiarendo che il laterale ha ricevuto un'unica offerta concreta, quella dalla Juventus.

Oltretutto l'Arsenal potrebbe decidere di lasciare libero "gratis" Pires, legato ai Gunners da un contratto fino al 2006, qualora lo stesso non passasse ad un'altra squadra della Premiership. Unico problema, l'ingaggio: Courbis ha spiegato infatti che Robert non vuole nemmeno discutere di abbassarsi lo stipendio da 4 milioni di euro a stagione. Certo che se arrivasse gratis, la Juventus sarebbe disposta a fare un ulteriore sacrificio.

Sep 28, 2002

capello likes to play 2 def mids and since there is no worthy partner to emerson i think its that we got patrick. besides, my arsenal #4 shirt will get some use :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)