Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (13 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
::D

Vieira just came off his worst season for Arsenal ever...

Finally glad to see the back of him! Dont come back to the Premiership...

Enjoy him, he is overrated, and you'll see!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Typical Nicole reply :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

ah!little jealous gurl :D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Typical Nicole reply :D
Not really, hes been an absolute joke this season... Most dial fans will be glad to see the back of him...

AS usual we look at players who are well past their sell buy date

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even though Vieira had an average season this past year, he is still IMO a world class midfielder who will add drive and control to our midfield, something we have lacked lately. And even a crappy Patrick Vieira is 100 times better than a Manuele Blasi, for instance. Now our central midfield will have two of the top 20 best midfielders in the world, and I can't wait until next season starts. :drool:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Viera had a fair season, at best, but I think (hope !) he has something left to give us.

I agree with Andy, he can control the middle, and he is far superior to Blasi

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Juve Confirm Vieira Interest
7/14/2005 4:12:00 AM
Serie A champions Juventus have confirmed their interest in signing Arsenal’s captain, the France midfielder Patrick Vieira.
Peter Hill-Wood, chairman of the North London club, confirmed earlier this week that they had spoken to Juventus about 29-year-old Vieira.

Now Juve’s club administrator, Antonio Giraudo has said of Vieira: “The Frenchman has great quality, not only as a player but as a man.

“There’s no doubt that we are interested, even if it’s going to be very difficult to take him away from Arsenal, a very solid club.”

Juve are thought to be offering the Gunners cash, along with Ghanaian midfielder Stephen Appiah or French defender Jonathan Zebina, for Vieira.

But Arsenal are reluctant to sell their captain, and Giraudo admitted: “At this time, the conditions aren’t there.”

Compatriots Urge Move

Meanwhile Juve’s striker, David Trezeguet, wants Vieira, a team mate in the France international squad, to move to Turin, where he would be a big hit.

Trezeguet played with Vieira in the France team that won the World Cup in 1998 and European Championships in 2000. He believes Vieira would fit in perfectly to the Juve side.

“I don’t know what the situation is, all I know is that if he (Vieira) arrived it would be an important reinforcement for us,” Trezeguet said.

“Patrick would do well in any team, we are talking about a player of the highest level.”

And former France team-mate (and ex-Juve star) Zinedine Zidane has also urged Vieira to leave Arsenal.

“After eight years at one club it would be good for Patrick to have a big move. He is still at an age where he is at the top of his game,” Zidane told the Daily Mirror.

btw , am not excited by signing him .... he is old and for sure there is better options than him with the same sum....any way...good to see new faces :down:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
darn, Pizarro wouldve been better, but what the heck. He is a genous and a champion! FORZA VIEIRA! Always liked him, I hope he will show the world that Serie A isnt too tough for him. Lets win CL! AMazing Moggi! Great birthday present you bought yourself :D I LOVE U MOGGI!! now go get Miguel for free and you the BEST ever!

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Unofficial: Vieira Agrees To Join Juve!

7/14/2005 5:00:00 AM
As yet unconfirmed reports from Italy claim that Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira has agreed to join Juventus for 15 million euros (£10 million) on a five-year contract.
Juventus had sent a top level delegation to London in order to thrash out a deal for Vieira.

General director Luciano Moggi, vice president Roberto Bettega and chief officer Antonio Giraudo flew into the UK to try to finalise a transfer fee.

Juve were believed to have offered €7 million including a player, either Stephen Appiah or Jonathan Zebina, although this fell short of Vieira’s valuation.

If the reports from Italy are confirmed, it would appear that the Bianconeri upped their price and agreement was reached.

Vieira was Arsene Wenger’s first signing for Arsenal, joining the Gunners in August 1996 from AC Milan.

Goal.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think the reason they havent made it official yet is because of his medical, which he still has to fly in for. The financial details however, seem sorted.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Not really, hes been an absolute joke this season... Most dial fans will be glad to see the back of him...

AS usual we look at players who are well past their sell buy date
Remember that's what people said of Cannavaro last season. What you're forgetting is, the fact that at Juve Vieira will have revived motivations, after spending nearly 10 years at Arsenal. He was bound to stagnate because he was probably getting too comfortable with his role at the club. I see a different Patrick Vieira at Juventus.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Remember that's what people said of Cannavaro last season. What you're forgetting is, the fact that at Juve Vieira will have revived motivations, after spending nearly 10 years at Arsenal. He was bound to stagnate because he was probably getting too comfortable with his role at the club. I see a different Patrick Vieira at Juventus.
This is what I was thinking, he spent along time at Arsenal, I think his motivation to come to Juve is to win the Champions League, it is obvious in our transfers that we are going for short term goals! That is why we are adding alot of prime players.

Nicole has got it so wrong, Viera is not over rated, he had one very average season which is good to Juve coz it made him buyable. His physical presence alone will be great as he is a very tall midfielder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)