Official: Jorge Andrade to Juve. (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i welcomed the signing earlier but do you really think that he can anchor our defense?
Take it from carlos earlier in this thread:
Hello guys. My name is carlos and I am a Deportivo fan that lives in El Salvador (Central America)
Well, it's true. Andrade is going to Juventus. We don't know yet the amount of the operation, but it's rumoured in the radio that's €10 million. Some of you could think that's too much, but believe me, Andrade has been one of the best five defenders in Spain during the last seasons, he is also much appreciated in La Coruña. Congratulations and good luck Jorge!

I invite you to visit our site in English:
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/

The post for Andrade:
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?p=282260#post282260
I think that's a fair assessment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
i wish we could've done that with boum boum. then we wouldn't have been in this position and it wud've been the opponents fearing him, not us!

seriously, i cant wait till he's sold off or sent on a loan to some B team! he's simply not reliable!

as for jorge, what more do you need than a defender who's been assigned as the NT captain????
yes exactly! if we can sign another CB in cannavaro or barzagli (i prefer an italian), we would have a great defense. Criscito is slowly coming through the ranks and i hope he leads our defense one day. somebody please take boumsong away, he is a liability!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
This is a great move. Top quality CB with real leadership capabilities. This is a very shrewd acquisition.

And it doesn't hurt for making me look like less of a complete nutcase for supporting both Juve and the Selecção das Quinas. :D
:agree:

very good acquisition imo, he will bring stability to the back line and the fact that we got him without any fuss is even better.

hats off to Secco

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
you're damn right im right!

actually, im also commenting from what i've heard, but so far i dont see any reason to undermine him as a problem like boum boum or any others! his tactics seem solid and just what is asked of him!
now all we need is somebody good to partner him, criscito is good but still not good enough to be a starter, he needs to be nurtured slowly and learn from people with experience... ie: cannavaro ;)

Apr 15, 2006
i would probably give boum boum a chance or two! MAYBE the challenge of Serie A and playing our best season ever might inspire him to up his game n play good for a change!

but no way he can be a starter!

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
andrade is a good acquistion has had international experience playing for depor
and portugal national team i remember him having a outstanding cl season when depor went to the semi finals a couple of seasons back he together with naybet were outstanding then he was linked to all big clubs but the move never materliazed .He got good pace for defender and solid in the air if we could get canna or milito to partner him we would be a fortress at the back like the good ol days

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
andrade is a good acquistion has had international experience playing for depor
and portugal national team i remember him having a outstanding cl season when depor went to the semi finals a couple of seasons back he together with naybet were outstanding then he was linked to all big clubs but the move never materliazed .He got good pace for defender and solid in the air if we could get canna or meira to partner him we would be a fortress at the back like the good ol days
took out milito most prob not joing us , meira would be a good option as the understanding with andrade would be excellent due to training and playing for portugal

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So here's my take on Andrade..

Jorge is the sort of defender that really has no weaknesses at the back. He's good on the tackle, diving in only when necessary, and he's adept at marking out players through his pace and strength. I remember various matches in La Liga where the likes of Eto'o and Ronaldo were completely marked out by Andrade, as the latter is really a tough player to beat. I've always thought of him as one of the top centerbacks in Spain, right up there with Puyol but just a bit behind Roberto Ayala. I haven't seen Jorge make many mistakes in his career, and more facets I like about him is that he's good in the air and with the ball. He's not like a one dimensional stopper who's only terrific at certain aspects of the game... he's good all across the board. A good signing indeed.

But... I would have still preferred Gabi Milito. Andrade is 29 while Milito is 26, and the latter has more potential than the man from Lisbon. I also believe that Gabriel reads the game better than Jorge, which is obviously an innate talent that would very useful in Serie A. While Andrade might be the better athlete, Milito reads the game more adeptly.

And with regard to the purchase of Andrade, it's quite obvious that our brilliant transfer "guru" Secco couldn't negotiate a deal with Zaragoza. Smokescreen my ass. Those who say Milito was just a smokescreen is being nice to the board as anybody in their right mind would choose a 26 year-old over a 29 year-old with approximiately the same ability. The fact of the matter is, Secco couldn't force the hands of the Zaragoza officials at the start of the negotiations for Milito, and we couldn't resolve a deal. Then other clubs started throwing their weight around and our transfer "guru" didn't have the balls to compete, so we went for our second choice.

Like I've said time and time again, the true test of somebody such as Secco is when we have to sign our number one signing while warding off the biggest clubs in the market. Secco was the person who handed the card to the fourth official before crawling to this new position, so I think that speaks for itself. I don't care what anybody says, the guy doesn't have the experiance to wheel and deal on the transfer market. We've been screwed over a few times this year while making obvious and easy signings, so this guy should get the fuck out. We are Juventus for fucks sake and we should not have trouble competing with Barcelona when the player in question stated he wants to join us in the first place..

But despite the ineptness of Secco... I'm satisfied with Andrade. However, I'm not satisfied with his age as we still need another centerback for the future. Hopefully Chiellini will mature into the player we need in defense because I see him being used centrally by Ranieri.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Welcome back Andy!
Andrade is tough and experienced, just like you said, he might lack vision but he handles any situation with conventional ways.
I agree on Secco but those ppl wont listen...

I think moving Chiellini to center would be a mistake though,
we need someone on the left side, someone who can become as good as Zambro was, we can find CB easier, we already unloaded Balza and Chiellini isnt as good CB as full stop, i dont see the reason why should we insist on that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)