Official: Jorge Andrade to Juve. (5 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I wonder why Juve never entered the race for Chivu.
I beg to ask the same question.

I personally thought Roma was going to break their cap and keep Chivu in their team, but if you let a 50+ year old senile woman run your club, I guess strange things can happen. Chivu is the shit anyhow.

I like Andrade. He is street-wise clever in his defending. No nonsense in defence, especially marking top of his game awesome Sheva out of the match was something to behold. My only concern is that he seems to be quite inconsistent and in one season he couldn't buy a game to save his life. So there is a good chance be might become a bust. But lets see how it goes. On form, you got to consider him worldclass in terms of his track record.

I say buy Chivu and pair him up with Andrade. That would be some defence.:drool: I wouldnt mind Canna as well to tutor Criscito.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
chivu said himself that he never wants to play at juve....f***** mother b*****...but the hell chivu isnt good enough for juve...juve need a really strong soldier that who can defend the old juve.....

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I couldnt give a shit about where player's heart lies. They get paid handsome sum to play this game and do business. Management knows that, and more importantly players recognise that as well.

My guess wih Chivu is that our management probably don't want to swallow up his huge contractual cost. I guess given how much likes of Dainelli got, he is probably looking for somewhere in the region of 4-4.5m Euros after tax per year. Taking tax into consideration, I guess from team's perspective that probably means they will have to pay around 6-7m Euros, which is a lot of money. For that reason, I suspect Canna won't be joining us, despite low transfer fee.

Nevertheless, I think with Chivu this team is clearly above Lazio and Fiorentina. Although we have to gel initially, I can imagine this going on a tear at the end of season. Its a bit of risk, but CL money could more than cover the cost. And with Nedved likely to come off the book the season next, and if, which is big if, Giovinco is as good as advertised, things might work out. But my bet is Secco will probably take a safe choice and sign up Barzagli, who will probably be satisfeid with something 2m Euros. Personally, I don't think Barza is as bad as people thinks here, so I wont complain.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Got to love mark77. He makes this forum such good place to just visit and keep things in touch even when you are busy.

I hope he got one or two more surprises to make us happy. A quality CB, and a more creative winger/playmaker would make my day! You know, Rafaelle Van der Vaart!:D

Buffon; Grygera, CB, Andrade, Chiellini; Camo, Almiron, Thiago, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Piero looks awfully good. Midfield probably isnt good enough to win big matches and Lo Scudetto, but heck, I think we can make some noise, especially we got some insane depth for a team who won't be competiting in CL. Brazzo, Zebina, Iaquinta, Marchiso, C. Zanetti, Marchionni, Molinaro, Palladino on the bench?:D . It will be interesting how Ranieri could balance the development of youngsters, with actually getting results on the pitch.

Durden

May 11, 2006
wtf I go and have a couple of beers and this happen on a friday night!!?? Good signing I hope, I must admit I had hoped for Milito but you guys seen him play more than me so lets hope we got our leader in defence. Forza Andrade - Forza Juve

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I remember Andrade acting a wall couple years ago in some CL-game. I rated him really highly then. Ever since it seems he's been injured forever, don't know where to put him today. Anyway, I'm happy 'bout the signing.
Having your leg snapped in half on the pitch will do that.

I haven't seen it affect his play since he's come back over the spring, however. He's been solid and commanding from the back in the team play I've seen since then, which is good. He's also a stand-up guy, which you want in terms of a team's mature leadership.

The only thing to keep an eye out for in his continued recovery is speed. Not that Canna was a barn burner, but a broken leg can slow you down for a while post-recovery.

(ps: I would take Andrade over Milito on even cash myself, but I have a bias. :D)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Got to love mark77. He makes this forum such good place to just visit and keep things in touch even when you are busy.

I hope he got one or two more surprises to make us happy. A quality CB, and a more creative winger/playmaker would make my day! You know, Rafaelle Van der Vaart!:D

Buffon; Grygera, CB, Andrade, Chiellini; Camo, Almiron, Thiago, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Piero looks awfully good. Midfield probably isnt good enough to win big matches and Lo Scudetto, but heck, I think we can make some noise, especially we got some insane depth for a team who won't be competiting in CL. Brazzo, Zebina, Iaquinta, Marchiso, C. Zanetti, Marchionni, Molinaro, Palladino on the bench?:D . It will be interesting how Ranieri could balance the development of youngsters, with actually getting results on the pitch.
no chance we will sign van der Vaart, he wants to stay with hamburg and vowed to have a good season there

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=345645

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Not good enough!! Chivu is 2nd best defender in the world with only Nesta ahead of him.
well i have to disagree that chivu is 2nd best, but i wont debate that nesta is certainly up there with the best, if not 'the best'. im praying he doesnt retire from international football, it would be such a huge loss for the azzurri ahead of the crucial european quals.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Andrade will make the flop of next year.

Fourth place sounds like the best we can get if our best signings are Almiron and Andrade.
Are you new at this? Flops of the year don't come from the likes of Andrade. They come from blatantly obvious, high-profile name signings of players with endorsement contracts and shoe-horn fits... like Vieira. That's how you create a flop in this sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)