Official: Jorge Andrade to Juve. (4 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Andrade in love with Juve
Monday 9 July, 2007
Juventus signing Jorge Andrade has announced that he is thrilled to have joined the Serie B champions. “It was love at first sight.”

The Portuguese international is expected in Turin today to finalise the details of his move, after an agreement in principle was made with the player’s current club Deportivo La Coruna.

“Everything happened very quickly, it was love at first sight,” said the defender when talking to the gathered Press.

“My agent had been in contact with the Juventus management, but there was nothing concrete until a few days ago.

“I accepted after considering every possible option and listening to my manager. In any case, the word Juventus represents a guarantee,” added the 29-year-old.

The Old Lady turned its attention to Andrade after negotiations for Real Zaragoza and Argentina stopper Gabriel Milito stalled last week.

It is believed that Juve will pay Deportivo a fee of around £7m, while the centre-back is expected to sign a three-year contract worth £1.4m per year.

Andrade, who joined the Spanish outfit from Porto in 2002, has represented his country at World Cup and European Championship level, winning over 40 caps for the Iberians.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
andrade is a real shit

this is the worst transfer juve has done in the last 10 years but it doesn't surprise me as i can expect anything from these idiot managers.

hope we will get another defender to minimize the damages next season.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Check this:

MADRID, July 10 (Reuters) - Real Madrid have reached an agreement to sign Porto centre-back Pepe on a five-year contract, the Spanish champions said on Tuesday.

Portuguese sports daily O Jogo said Real would pay 28 million euros ($38.21 million) for the 24-year-old Brazilian-born player.

Pepe is the second centre-back the club have signed in the close season with German international Christoph Metzelder due to be presented this week.

Holy crap! 28 Million Euros for a central defender. No wonder we bailed on Pepe. This Andrade signing is sounding better all the time.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Check this:

MADRID, July 10 (Reuters) - Real Madrid have reached an agreement to sign Porto centre-back Pepe on a five-year contract, the Spanish champions said on Tuesday.

Portuguese sports daily O Jogo said Real would pay 28 million euros ($38.21 million) for the 24-year-old Brazilian-born player.

Pepe is the second centre-back the club have signed in the close season with German international Christoph Metzelder due to be presented this week.

Holy crap! 28 Million Euros for a central defender. No wonder we bailed on Pepe. This Andrade signing is sounding better all the time.
Yep, and Milito sounds cheap now :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Forza Porto...they will be dancing all the way to the bank
Porto should have been dancing all the way to the bank after they collected on massive transfer fees for Deco (Barca), Carvalho (Chelsea), and Ferreira (Chelsea). But what did they do with all that cash?

Play like chumps the following season and eventually hand over the league title to Trappatoni. :doh:

i dont think any defender in the world deserves that sort of money at the moment..except perhaps Nesta
2005 Nesta, maybe. 2006 Nesta was dog shit.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Porto should have been dancing all the way to the bank after they collected on massive transfer fees for Deco (Barca), Carvalho (Chelsea), and Ferreira (Chelsea). But what did they do with all that cash?

Play like chumps the following season and eventually hand over the league title to Trappatoni. :doh:

2005 Nesta, maybe. 2006 Nesta was dog shit.
i think that was because he barely recovered from his injury..because you just dont go down from the best defender in the world to what nesta was last season..imo he'll be back to his best next season

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He definitely improved by 2007 after his injury.

But post-WC, I have seen few players that bad last year -- even Boumsong looked pretty decent by comparison (at least his spurts of insanity were restricted to 10-minute lapses per match).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)