Official: Cannavaro(O surdato 'nnammurato) wins Golden Ball (3 Viewers)

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Elvin said:
Yeah, I lived in Krim for a while :)

They're hot and nice at the same time, you don't see nice hot girls in Canada, but you see it in Ukraine and Russia :D
Not even in Russia;

But Ukraine is heaven in terms of girls; Generally speaking they are far more beautiful than Russian girls:)

Been both places! And I know;)

GIGI Deserves Golden Ball!!!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Houllier slams Golden Canna Monday 27 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyon Coach Gerard Houllier has hit out at the decision to award the 2006 Golden Ball to Fabio Cannavaro. “It’s a scandal,” he declared.

The official announcement of the world champion’s victory will take place this evening in Paris.

The defender will become the fourth Italian player to win the prestigious trophy, following Gianni Rivera in 1969, Paolo Rossi in 1982 and Roberto Baggio in 1993.

“Compared to other players he certainly didn’t deserve to win,” claimed Houllier.

“He played a great World Cup, but not a great season. Personally I would have given it to Gianluigi Buffon,” added the tactician, whose side held Real Madrid to a 2-2 draw in their latest Champions League Group E tie.

“It’s a scandal and the thing that bothers me most is that Thierry Henry, a player who has been scoring 20 goals a season for years now and appeared in two finals in the last season, was not even taken into consideration, there was a negative campaign around him.”

“As to Cannavaro, you only need to look at what John Carew managed to do against him in the Champions League – watching that game you understand that Cannavaro’s win is an abominable result,” concluded Houllier

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Elvin said:
OMG

You're still there? :wallbang:
He simply cannot get over it, even I made peace with Del Piero fanatics, he should do the same...

m_elayyan said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyon Coach Gerard Houllier has hit out at the decision to award the 2006 Golden Ball to Fabio Cannavaro. “It’s a scandal,” he declared.

The official announcement of the world champion’s victory will take place this evening in Paris.

The defender will become the fourth Italian player to win the prestigious trophy, following Gianni Rivera in 1969, Paolo Rossi in 1982 and Roberto Baggio in 1993.

“Compared to other players he certainly didn’t deserve to win,” claimed Houllier.

“He played a great World Cup, but not a great season. Personally I would have given it to Gianluigi Buffon,” added the tactician, whose side held Real Madrid to a 2-2 draw in their latest Champions League Group E tie.

“It’s a scandal and the thing that bothers me most is that Thierry Henry, a player who has been scoring 20 goals a season for years now and appeared in two finals in the last season, was not even taken into consideration, there was a negative campaign around him.”

“As to Cannavaro, you only need to look at what John Carew managed to do against him in the Champions League – watching that game you understand that Cannavaro’s win is an abominable result,” concluded Houllier
:disagree: :tdown:

Biased opinion...Cannavaro had a wonderful season at Juve + a great WC.

I agree, Henry had an excellent season also, but I´m not so sure he deserved it over Cannavaro.

Nov 27, 2006
i agree last season was the best season ive seen in ages. im pleased cannavaro won bt i reali wanted buffon 2 win. like Nedved said 'players leave clubs, men stay at clubs.'The defender become the fourth Italian player to win the prestigious trophy, following Gianni Rivera in 1969, Paolo Rossi in 1982 and Roberto Baggio in 1993. ashame buffon not in the names maybe next time

Forza Juve

Nov 1, 2002
m_elayyan said:

i dont know when the ppl understand that the defenders is soccer players too and im not sure what this man is talking about.. when they will realize that they are talking about world champion and the best player in the tournment
and what he said about the 20 goals by henry and carew make me laugh because hes talking about 20 goals scored by henry and saying what carew managed to do against cannavaro without scoring goal so... cannavaro stopped players whos so far better than carew and he even stop the 20 goal scorer henry and italy finish the wc without conceded a real goal because of the great performance of one man Fabio Cannavaro.

Sep 14, 2003
Maybe if Henry didn't miss that easy chance in the CL final, he would've won it.

Maybe Houllier and the other Frenchies should just shut the fvck up.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
votes

1. Fabio Cannavaro (Ita, Juventus/Real Madrid), 173 punti
2. Gianluigi Buffon (Ita, Juventus), 124
3. Thierry Henry (Fra, Arsenal), 121
4. Ronaldinho Gaucho (Bra, Barcellona), 73
5. Zinedine Zidane (Fra, Real Madrid), 71
6. Sameul Eto’o (Cam, Barcellona), 67
7. Miroslav Klose (Ger, Werder Brema), 29
8. Didier Drogba (Civ, Chelsea), 25
9. Andrea Pirlo (Ita, Milan), 17
10. Jens Lehmann (Ger, Arsenal), 13.

11. Deco (Por/Barcellona) e Kakà (Milan/Ita), 11.
13. Ribery (Fra/Marsiglia), 9.
14. Cristiano Ronaldo (Por/Manchester Utd.), Gattuso (Ita/Milan) e Vieira (Fra/Inter), 5.
17. Lampard (Ing/Chelsea), Podolski (Ger/Bayern Monaco), Puyol (Spa/Barcellona), 3.
20. Juninho Pernambucano (Bra/Lione), Messi (Arg/Barcellona), Terry (Ing/Chelsea), Toni (Ita/Fiorentina) e Zambrotta (Ita/Barcellona) 2.
25. Lahm (Ger/Bayern Monaco) e Villa (Spa/Valencia), 1.

OP

rangalo

Nov 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #160
    "World Champion Fabio Cannavaro has officially succeeded Ronaldinho as the European Footballer of the Year.

The Real Madrid defender becomes France Football’s 51st Golden Ball winner after being awarded 173 votes, preceding Gianluigi Buffon and Thierry Henry.

Cannavaro was expected to receive the honour after a photographer and a journalist from the French magazine were reportedly seen in the Spanish capital in the past ten days to make a start on their annual feature.

The former Juve man Cannavaro was presented with the Golden Ball award on Monday afternoon, when he held a press conference, and will then be the special guest on Canal +’s programme “Golden Ball Presentation”. "

On the following linkyou can vote on the story and find a link to where you can live chat with Cannavaro today

http://www.eurogoalnews.com/story.php?title=Cannavaro-wins-Golden-Ball-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)