Official: Almiron to Juve (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he could be very good us in a 4 flat midfield. if DD was coach still, he would be the player to get but now that we dont know who the coach is, who really knows what is happening next season.

currently we have no structure as to what coach will be playing, so all these names being rumoured could be good choices, but where they all fit no one really knows.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Palermo join Almiron race

The list of clubs seeking Sergio Almiron’s signature has grown, as Palermo could pip Juventus and Inter to the post.

Empoli have confirmed they will sell the Argentine midfielder this summer after his exploits helped take the club to an historic first UEFA Cup qualification.

“Almiron is on the wish list of many clubs,” noted his agent Claudio Vagheggi on 'Stadionews24.’

“At the moment Juve and Inter are on his trail, but also Palermo. I spoke with director Rino Foschi recently and we will probably meet up in the next few weeks.”

It is a warning for the bigger clubs, as the Rosanero intend to strengthen their squad after coming so close to a Champions League spot this term only to settle for the UEFA Cup.

The 26-year-old Argentine moved from Newell’s Old Boys to Udinese in 2001-02 with a brief spell at Verona before joining Empoli in 2004.
Source: Channel 4
______________________________________​

Even if we succeed to sign Almiro, I don't think that he will be our saviour. But at the same time, I don't want to lose him especially to Inter. Failing to sign him will mean that we officially have lost all control on the transfer market not only world-class players but also above average and infamous players. I'm sorry to say it, but it looks like we're a weak side in the mercato this season. In fact, it isn't due to the demotion, but mainly due to the management we have.

At the end, I hope mark77 will enjoy closing another thread after Frings' and Pizarro's. :smoke:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
how will failing to sing Almiron make us lose control over our signings? You don't expect us to sign every player we are linked to? Even mighty Moggi can't do that.

If we get a decent coach, Sissoko, Mavuba and 2 good centre backs then the managment has made good moves and I will be satisfied with what they achieved considering the lack of CL and the uncertainty the club has now.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
how will failing to sing Almiron make us lose control over our signings? You don't expect us to sign every player we are linked to? Even mighty Moggi can't do that.

If we get a decent coach, Sissoko, Mavuba and 2 good centre backs then the managment has made good moves and I will be satisfied with what they achieved considering the lack of CL and the uncertainty the club has now.
First Frings then Pizarro, what do you expect us to do? Even the defenders we're negotiating aren't up to par, in my opinion. And I'm not saying that we've to sign all the players we negotiating, but at least to make a good move, and a good move starts by negotiating good players.

Do you think that if we sign Sissoko and Mavuba we'll have a good partnership in the centre midfield who can be burdened the responsibility of balancing our midfield offensively and defensively for a team who is supposed to fight for a CL spot? I doubt. Sissoko is a pure destroyer, still he 's clumsy and inexperienced. Most of Mavuba's passes are errant, and most importantly both of them haven't played in Italy before and both of them are young.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)