Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (13 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
https://football-observatory.com/MonthlyReport87

What do you think to this @s4tch

Juve spent less net than West Ham, and Milan, over the past 10 years.

Man Utd, what a joke.
talking about "net spent" over 10 seasons is something i don't understand. what is it good for? does it mean anything? milan's net spent is higher, but juve spent 1.5bn compared to milan's ~1bn, what does this tell us over 10 seasons? especially now when the pl became the only wealthy league in europe, and the saudis have put a few clubs on the list with 1 or 2 summer mercati. i think that it would make more sense to analyze trends over 5 years, football projects (managers love this buzzword don't they lol) rarely take longer anyway

also we all know that when it comes to players' costs, transfer fee is only one part of the whole picture. what about wages? i know that transfer fees can be evaluated objectively as they are easy to follow in the financial reports, so i get the methodology, but again, it's only a story half told, isn't it

that said, man.utd, what a joke indeed. city are everything that's wrong with modern football, but they are so much better managed, it's not even close

and of course benfica, holy shit :oops2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1699477392836714607?s=46&t=jUL8oXmIbUlxalZZNnVBMg
What happened here? Is Verratti injury-prone, or no European club could offer him the kind of salary he wants, or forced to a Qatari club because QSG?
He misses quite a few matches each year so he surely has injury issues. Also, he's 30. I don't think he's a smart investment for both reasons, not to mention that with Arabs in the race there's hardly any team that would go into that bidding war for an injury prone 30 year old guy. IMO it's a smart move from PSG.

Oh and I love(d) Verratti. But that boat has sailed unfortunately.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Crazy to see Bayern and Real at the bottom, though.
Well it's the bottom of the top 20, but yeah they do well. Madrid in particular sell well, but they buy players of the right age and benefit from a premium of buying a Real Madrid player. They also get good terms from the smaller clubs they dominate with buyback clauses for youth products.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1699477392836714607?s=46&t=jUL8oXmIbUlxalZZNnVBMg
What happened here? Is Verratti injury-prone, or no European club could offer him the kind of salary he wants, or forced to a Qatari club because QSG?
i'd bet on psg giving him a nice last contract at qatar and also providing themselves with some welcome plusvalenza

i wouldn't be surprised if verratti never played a full season at qatar and retired after lengthy injuries in a year or two after spending the majority of his time recovering in italy :numnum:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well it's the bottom of the top 20, but yeah they do well. Madrid in particular sell well, but they buy players of the right age and benefit from a premium of buying a Real Madrid player. They also get good terms from the smaller clubs they dominate with buyback clauses for youth products.
Another thing to consider is that many players push for a move towards Real when they get the chance. This won't get them the superstars below market price, but it might pinch off a few pennies wheb buying squad players.

And then, like you said, once they sell them they are Real Madrid players.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He misses quite a few matches each year so he surely has injury issues. Also, he's 30. I don't think he's a smart investment for both reasons, not to mention that with Arabs in the race there's hardly any team that would go into that bidding war for an injury prone 30 year old guy. IMO it's a smart move from PSG.

Oh and I love(d) Verratti. But that boat has sailed unfortunately.
Some injuries seem recurrent too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
@Seven apparently hilal club offered something like 700 mil a year to mbappe, at what point does it become a moral imperative to take that kind of money as an agent of change to help people? One can have a really major impact on the world with funds like that. Is it not morally wrong and selfish to pursue something as insignificant as the CL or ballon d'or when you can actually save 1000s of lives?

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
@Seven apparently hilal club offered something like 700 mil a year to mbappe, at what point does it become a moral imperative to take that kind of money as an agent of change to help people? One can have a really major impact on the world with funds like that. Is it not morally wrong and selfish to pursue something as insignificant as the CL or ballon d'or when you can actually save 1000s of lives?
Or you can spend it all on booze, drugs and bitches, BAY BAYYYYYY.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's a good point.

There are two issues with it:

1. It may start out well intended, but the majority of people are unable to give away a significant amount of their fortune away to charites let alone that they would be able to build a charity of their own.
2. The whole idea is that when inhumane regimes cease to exist, this changed the lives of millions of people. Whatever you can do with 700 million is but a fraction of what would happen if Saudi Arabia decided to honor human rights. The end result would still mostly be aiding a horrible regime.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It's a good point.

There are two issues with it:

1. It may start out well intended, but the majority of people are unable to give away a significant amount of their fortune away to charites let alone that they would be able to build a charity of their own.
2. The whole idea is that when inhumane regimes cease to exist, this changed the lives of millions of people. Whatever you can do with 700 million is but a fraction of what would happen if Saudi Arabia decided to honor human rights. The end result would still mostly be aiding a horrible regime.
they're sportswashing the regime for several purposes, but imo 2 are very significant:
1. solidifying the rule of existing leaders;
2. make it more acceptable in public eye to invest and trade with the regime.

while 1 truly sucks for the victims of the regime, 2 will probably only improve their life. the worst part of playing in SA or Qatar is the source of those funds - you're literally building your fortune on the suffering of hundreds or even thousands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)