Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (12 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Growing up Juventus was the team I mainly supported. I had some attachment to PSG due to Raí who I fancied. IFK Gothenburg because they were inspiring underdogs. Barcelona because of, well they had a lot of fun players but Koeman was one of 'em. When I started playing football I was small but could outrun anyone so I played as a striker because no one could catch me. Eventually as you grow older, others evolve and the game is more organized, so I was a made a right winger to make use of my speed (we played 2-3-1). I then found McManaman and grew very fond of him. Like him, I've never been the super-dribbler and relied on pace. So he was the guy to mimic for me with his very basic but effective skills. For the same reason I remember Overmars being someone I really got inspired by. But McManaman was someone I really looked up to so I had some attachment to Liverpool too. I was so sad when he left Pool for RM because I knew it was a senseless deal for everyone but Pool. Same could be said for Jesper Blomqvist in Gothenburg.

Anyway, interesting to see all the English defenders doing so well in Serie A. Quite many players overall here now if we include the Scots too.

Will be interesting to see where Kalvin Phillips and Modric ends up in January.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Growing up Juventus was the team I mainly supported. I had some attachment to PSG due to Raí who I fancied. IFK Gothenburg because they were inspiring underdogs. Barcelona because of, well they had a lot of fun players but Koeman was one of 'em. When I started playing football I was small but could outrun anyone so I played as a striker because no one could catch me. Eventually as you grow older, others evolve and the game is more organized, so I was a made a right winger to make use of my speed (we played 2-3-1). I then found McManaman and grew very fond of him. Like him, I've never been the super-dribbler and relied on pace. So he was the guy to mimic for me with his very basic but effective skills. For the same reason I remember Overmars being someone I really got inspired by. But McManaman was someone I really looked up to so I had some attachment to Liverpool too. I was so sad when he left Pool for RM because I knew it was a senseless deal for everyone but Pool. Same could be said for Jesper Blomqvist in Gothenburg.

Anyway, interesting to see all the English defenders doing so well in Serie A. Quite many players overall here now if we include the Scots too.

Will be interesting to see where Kalvin Phillips and Modric ends up in January.
Didn't McManaman score in a CL final he won with Madrid?

That alone would make it a good deal from his perspective.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Didn't McManaman score in a CL final he won with Madrid?

That alone would make it a good deal from his perspective.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Maybe you're right! I lost track of him a bit when he left for RM but every time I saw him afterwards he never really looked the same. His style suited PL better at the time, IMO. Glad if RM fans have fond memories of him though.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I always liked him. His Chelsea stint really hurt his confidence and he's mentally never been the same. Hope this works out for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)