Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (12 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I liked Higgy and he was good in his first years, however he for sure wasn't worth the amount we invested. Club got fleeced. What are listed above are just excuses because they like the player or felt tingles when Juve went for that power move and got caught in the hype.
Who said the fee wasn’t ridiculous? Show me? It was clearly overpaying by 20-30 mil.

But if 28 year old Higgy for 90 is ridiculous, so is signing a 30 year old DM for 70 mil, no matter how good Casemiro is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
70 mill for United (and thats already including the deseperation and no-CL premium) is not the same as 70 mill for Juve. They have money growing on trees. They should be grateful any player would leave Madrid or any good club for that matter to get slaughtered at United. For reference, Rabiot demanded a bazillion dollars to go there, thats when he is not doing well nor even wanted here. Thats how deep United's hole is.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
^ if Casemiro went to Juve and Higuain went to MU, the rationalization would be quite a sight. We shouldn't have went for him for that amount thats what I'm saying.

But yeah, its a lot of money for the former, but he's on his prime and not a mental midget. Still too much though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
^ if Casemiro went to Juve and Higuain went to MU, the rationalization would be quite a sight. We shouldn't have went for him for that amount thats what I'm saying.

But yeah, its a lot of money for the former, but he's on his prime and not a mental midget. Still too much though.
Higgy was in his prime too. That season at Napoli and his first at Juve were his career best seasons. He also broke his terrible CL goalscoring record in his first two years at Juve and did quite well in the competition. His rapid decline at 30 was pretty insane though and made his fee obviously nowhere near reasonable.

I’m curious to see how a physical, tough player like Casemiro does at United, post-30. Is this just him getting paid big and going into semi-retirement (like many other 30+ Brazilian players), or is he actually going to work his ass off in his 30s to turn United around?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Higgy was in his prime too. That season at Napoli and his first at Juve were his career best seasons. He also broke his terrible CL goalscoring record in his first two years at Juve and did quite well in the competition. His rapid decline at 30 was pretty insane though and made his fee obviously nowhere near reasonable.

I’m curious to see how a physical, tough player like Casemiro does at United, post-30. Is this just him getting paid big and going into semi-retirement (like many other 30+ Brazilian players), or is he actually going to work his ass off in his 30s to turn United around?
Higgy was never the same after his father died.
He just became broken goods.
We also bought cr7 showing that he is not needed anymore.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
its a win win situation for Real really, 30 old going for 60-70m, while u already secured his perfect replacement in Tchouameni and also have Camavinga who is doing good defensively. Real is in a position where he can do deals like this.
For manu though, this is stupid deal I dont see Casemiro, a player who has achieved almost everything in his career thriving there - he will play on his level, but it wont change much for that team, they should be signinh hungry players.

- - - Updated - - -

Ancelotti confirmed his departure btw:

- - - Updated - - -

Real couldve milk them 80-90m imo

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I really dont understand why Casemiro would take such a huge step down. Its not just 1 step down, you could even argue its more than 2.

United is of course a massive club and is probably offering him insane wages along with a massive fee to Real. This also gives Real the chance to make room for some of their newly bought talents in Camavinga etc.

Although I wouldnt have guessed Casemiro to be replaced before grandpa Modric and Kroos. They always seem to do great business (last 10 years).

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I really dont understand why Casemiro would take such a huge step down. Its not just 1 step down, you could even argue its more than 2.

United is of course a massive club and is probably offering him insane wages along with a massive fee to Real. This also gives Real the chance to make room for some of their newly bought talents in Camavinga etc.

Although I wouldnt have guessed Casemiro to be replaced before grandpa Modric and Kroos. They always seem to do great business (last 10 years).
Yeah wild choice. Money talks though.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

He's Brazilian, their careers end around that time

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
The best would be a stretch. Too tired to come up with who I would hold higher. But the dude is up there. How they so easily can shrug him off is just weird. He's in a team that don't know the feeling of not winning CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)