Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (128 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I have always looked into the full backs position as important as the forwards.. our team needs revamping
Apart from CBs,, we need at least one or 2 players in each department..
RB or a bench RB if we keep Cuad there.
CM - B2B world class,, with a couple of bench players while also getting rid of the dead wood we have there.
CF - world class.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
I don't necessarily disagree, although I see LB as more important, or even someone who can play both positions. I'm pretty sure that's one reason why we included Danilo, at least.

What I'm saying is that considering we have Cuadrado, Danilo and MDS on the roster it won't at all be a priority to spend so much on a right back. And yes, I have considered the flaws of all three. In an ideal world you wouldn't have Danilo, you'd rely on MDS for only 15 games as a squad player, and you'd have *insert younger player* contesting with Cuadrado for the right back spot.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If we have to judge Beppe and Paratici's work ever since they've gone their separate ways, based on the small sample size we've seen so far, Beppe is better at squad building than Paratici.
Based on what?
You do realize that it's easier to improve inda than Juve.
Also results wise after almost two seasons are not showing any improvement, even after all the money they spent.
Also the difference between us and inda is made by Sarri. With max we would be long ago ahead in two digits.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Based on what?
You do realize that it's easier to improve inda than Juve.
Also results wise after almost two seasons are not showing any improvement, even after all the money they spent.
Also the difference between us and inda is made by Sarri. With max we would be long ago ahead in two digits.
You can't possibly look at Inda and say with a straight face that they aren't improving. Conte brought his system, and Beppe is giving him the players for it. Lukaku might be an oaf, but his numbers speak for him and he fits Contes system. Then he's brought in mids, including Eriksen, and now a good wingback.

Looking at our midfield, doesn't look too hard to improve, never mind what Swayze said.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We have to bear in mind that they probably already have €111m of Lautaro money burning a hole in their pocket.

Look, it's plainly obvious that it's much easier to improve a failing team by adding an improved transfer budget and good players each season. We don't have to look very far to know that. It doesn't mean that it always works - it needs competent people in charge, and Marotta certainly is that.

If Marotta had peanuts to work with he'd face the same limitations of any DS. He's a talented DF/DS, but it's just as big a factor that Inter are now bankrolled by Suning. Their net spend for 19/20 was over €100m, plus taking on the salaries of players like Lukaku and Eriksen.

Since Suning took over four years ago at Inter their NET spend (fees) is just over €300m, so a decent scudetto challenge is exactly where they should be. It's only the overachieving of Lazio that is stopping them from being 2nd. Even with a slew of sponsors stepping away from the club from next season, they'll fill them with Chinese and other global replacements. Marotta has seen two years of this with about 20% growth in turnover each season.

Going straight in for Conte was a fairly easy and maybe somewhat of a guarantee as a choice, that at least the club would be competitive. When Conte was brought to Juve by Marotta and Agnelli it was a significant gamble, based on passion and history.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You can't possibly look at Inda and say with a straight face that they aren't improving. Conte brought his system, and Beppe is giving him the players for it. Lukaku might be an oaf, but his numbers speak for him and he fits Contes system. Then he's brought in mids, including Eriksen, and now a good wingback.

Looking at our midfield, doesn't look too hard to improve, never mind what Swayze said.
They have a better squad than last year, of course, but I don't agree on this beppe better on squad building than paratici.
Paratici's job is to try to keep us up top, while beppes job is to make them compete.
Two separate jobs. Paratici doesn't need to build a squad. His job is to patch it.
And inda is underachieving for a supposed second best team in the league.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Still 50m for Hakimi w/ no buy back is a solid deal for a wb that will benefit in a Conte led system

- - - Updated - - -

They have a better squad than last year, of course, but I don't agree on this beppe better on squad building than paratici.
Paratici's job is to try to keep us up top, while beppes job is to make them compete.
Two separate jobs. Paratici doesn't need to build a squad. His job is to patch it.
:agree:

Plus one can argue that it's more difficult to maintain success after you get a taste for it

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If we have to judge Beppe and Paratici's work ever since they've gone their separate ways, based on the small sample size we've seen so far, Beppe is better at squad building than Paratici.
It's much easier to start from zero

- - - Updated - - -

Indeedo. It was 10x easier to improve inter's squad than juve's.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't necessarily disagree, although I see LB as more important, or even someone who can play both positions. I'm pretty sure that's one reason why we included Danilo, at least.

What I'm saying is that considering we have Cuadrado, Danilo and MDS on the roster it won't at all be a priority to spend so much on a right back. And yes, I have considered the flaws of all three. In an ideal world you wouldn't have Danilo, you'd rely on MDS for only 15 games as a squad player, and you'd have *insert younger player* contesting with Cuadrado for the right back spot.
Did Danilo play LB before before we tried him there during preseason?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We have to bear in mind that they probably already have €111m of Lautaro money burning a hole in their pocket
not only that. imagine beppe's and zhang's face when they learned that ffp is suspended. that's what hidered suning's spending spree the most - and as you explained, they already spent a lot with ffp.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
not only that. imagine beppe's and zhang's face when they learned that ffp is suspended. that's what hidered suning's spending spree the most - and as you explained, they already spent a lot with ffp.
But surely it is still relevant over the total period, is it 5 years?

Does this mean City and PSG are going to be spending even more unrestricted?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But surely it is still relevant over the total period, is it 5 years?

Does this mean City and PSG are going to be spending even more unrestricted?
tbh uefa guidelines aren't completely transparent for me. i read the official statement back in march-april, and honestly, i couldn't figure out what it actually meant. it read something like ffp is suspended for participation in 2020/21 uefa competitions. for me, it means that the financial results (and every relevant correction) won't be taken into account when evaluating clubs for the 20/21 uefa competitions and later years - otherwise, it doesn't make sense, because the corona-influenced year can influence basically ANY 5-year period. so yes, if my guess is right, you can do whatever you fancy, for this season, ffp gives even more room for everyone. a lifeline for the poor, a huge unexpected christmas present for the wealthy.

and more than ever, i'm happy to stand corrected if i'm wrong. that statement was a mess.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
acc to guardian at least

not the greatest source

----------------

Bayern Munich have agreed a fee of £54.8m with Manchester City for Leroy Sane, with the German set to sign a five-year deal at the club.

The Bundesliga champions will pay an initial fee of £44.7m (49m Euros), with a series of performance and trophy-related add ons.

(sky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)