Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
he's scored 85 goals for Everton and WBA and the guy is 24, you really sure he scored them all against idiots?

on second thought, Aubameyang seems like he's looking for a new home, I'd rather have him than either Lukaku or Morata
Pretty much yes.

As fred says, defending is incredibly poor, and EPL is by far and away the worst "big league" in terms of defending.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Pretty much yes.

As fred says, defending is incredibly poor, and EPL is by far and away the worst "big league" in terms of defending.
Players like Harry Kane and Lukaku are regularly posting Thierry Henry, Van Nistelrooy and Drogba numbers. Its plain to anyone whose watched those players that they are not as good, so that to me, shows that the level of defending has gone down a lot.

That being said, the Serie A really isn't much better. Dzeko, Immobile, Bellotti and Icardi are posting numbers that are just as good as the Shevchenko's, Trezeguet's and Inzaghi's.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
They are just in incredible position right now. Not only they have an amazing starting XI, but now they are buying the best talents out there.

Might be risky a bit though, as both Ceballos and Hernandez are kids, so I don't know how much space will they find next to Marcelo, or in that midfield made of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro.

What's also scary is the fact that they might end up selling James, who wasn't that impressive at Madrid, and make one big bomb signing which will make them skyrocket ahead of other teams. Consdiering Benzema is to be replaced sooner or later, I'd say I'm gonna shit my pants if I see Mbappe upfront, with Ronaldo and Bale next to him. Holy shit. They might sell Morata too and add an extra 60-70mln into their wallet.

They did win so many CLs, especially recently, but they had flaws in their game. Not so long ago I was confident we could beat them. And we did. But seeing what shape are they taking, unlike Barca who plays shit football, I think Real is gonna make the ground tremble for many years to come.
Just wait till Ronaldo retires, they will be beatable again.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
@Fred

My footie fan life span has been only 15 years, but don't you think nostalgia is kicking in a bit there? I've seen most of Drogba's career, I don't think he was that much more talented or more skilled than Lukaku, especially at 24. Now that Lukaku is finally in a club that aspires to win something, we'll see if he's made of the same material as Drogba. Thierry Henry is an Arsenal and football legend even if I haven't seen his early years, I'm sure that his legacy isn't only the goals he scored.

As for the other comparisons you're comparing completely different things, almost none of the nowadays attackers you posted have ever won a thing in their careers, they're midtable strikers most of the time. Shevchenko, Inzaghi and Trez played for teams that conquered Italy and/or Europe, guys like Icardi should be compared to Dario Hubner not Trez. Yes, they score a lot, but their teams lack balance, most of these teams are set up in a way that favors the attackers and puts the defenders in a bad position.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
They won't. Or yet, they might lose a CL final, but they will keep on reaching it. Sure, Ronaldo is insane, but you should expect another 10 years of explosive if they end up signing Mbappe. He's gonna be their Brazilian Ronaldo.
They didnt win it with the brazilian.

Wouldnt mind seeing Real lose a CL final though. Havent seen that happen in my lifetime.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Back then football had a different meaning. And it was actually tough.
Wtf is that nostalgia bs?
He was actually part of that galactico project which imploded.
4teams from same league was a thing then already. And with teams like Pool, Monaco, Shevaless Milan making finals.

Ronaldo at Real 2002-2007

Id argue its much tougher now for a Porto or Monaco to make final and even top 4 english struggling. When a team like Pool got to 2 finals in 3 years during that time period.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wtf is that nostalgia bs?
He was actually part of that galactico project which imploded.
4teams from same league was a thing then already. And with teams like Pool, Monaco, Shevaless Milan making finals.

Ronaldo at Real 2002-2007

Id argue its much tougher now for a Porto or Monaco to make final and even top 4 english struggling. When a team like Pool got to 2 finals in 3 years during that time period.
Porto had a beast team, just look at those players. It was no luck and they proved it.

I can say the same about this period and Leicester winning the PL. Serie A as a one horse race while Bundesliga is just the same.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What is the point then. Roma won the league during the early 2000s "tough era". Couldnt win it after calciopoli in this "shitty weak era".

- - - Updated - - -

Pool 2005 for sure wasnt some all time great team. 2007 same. No star strikers. Of course 2005 is a legendary final but sort of proves the flukeness.

Leicester was also a once in a 100 years type of case.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Pretty much yes.

then again everyone still rates Sanchez, Aguero or Diego Costa although they still score their goals against those shitty idiotic defenders. to me it seems that people just love to bash certain players

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I still want your points regarding football having different meaning and it was tough. It was tough in the 70s and 80s when refs didnt protect players, Maradona got kicked to ankles and the opponent players didnt get punished. Remember what Schumacher (the keeper) did to one France player and didnt even get a yellow.

2000s was hardly tough. Seems you have some nostalgia moment growing up during the 00s as a kid and sitting in front of tv watching the CL and life was nice and innocent as your were still innocent little youth flower.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Scoring against Young Boys is a bit different than scoring against the likes of Real/Juve/Bayern/Barca/Atletico.

Lukaku is a decent player who thanks to his physical attributes can become a really good player.
What about the Wolfsburg that was superb in German league ?????!!!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Remember what Schumacher (the keeper) did to one France player and didnt even get a yellow. ...
i remember that, and it stirred up some controversy back then. i bought a book before the '86 world cup and the schumacher-battiston case had its own chapter in it. it wasn't a typical and widely accepted decision from the ref.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What is the point then. Roma won the league during the early 2000s "tough era". Couldnt win it after calciopoli.

- - - Updated - - -

Pool 2005 for sure wasnt some all time great team. 2007 same. No star strikers. Of course 2005 is a legendary final but sort of proves the flukeness.

Leicester was also a once in a 100 years type of case.
you are kind of proving his point. 10-15 years ago football was tough in a sense that there were more physically well prepared and tactically disciplined teams around like Atletico 2 season ago, today only a handful can realistically challenge superpowers, many teams have more money, but almost all are managed badly.

we proved our complete superiority over many good sides on our way to final, but then Real played a game 2-3 levels above ours. that should give you a good idea on how hard it will be to stop Real if they are well managed. we would need to step up big time to be confident about our chances against Real (have a fucking midfield for starters), Bayern probably is somewhere in the same level as Real as their tie proved and that's about it. PSG, Monaco, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Atletico, Barcelona in their current state are no challengers as they probably wouldn't get past us let alone a superior side

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
you are kind of proving his point. 10-15 years ago football was tough in a sense that there were more physically well prepared and tactically disciplined teams around like Atletico 2 season ago, today only a handful can realistically challenge superpowers, many teams have more money, but almost all are managed badly.

we proved our complete superiority over many good sides on our way to final, but then Real played a game 2-3 levels above ours. that should give you a good idea on how hard it will be to stop Real if they are well managed. we would need to step up big time to be confident about our chances against Real (have a $#@!ing midfield for starters), Bayern probably is somewhere in the same level as Real as their tie proved and that's about it. PSG, Monaco, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Atletico, Barcelona in their current state are no challengers as they probably wouldn't get past us let alone a superior side
We freezed in the final. We have psychological problem with finals. We have beat both Real and Barca in 2 leg game. We lack belief in the finals probably. And for certain guys there might for sure be some psycho issue.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We freezed in the final. We have psychological problem with finals. We have beat both Real and Barca in 2 leg game. We lack belief in the finals probably. And for certain guys there might for sure be some psycho issue.
dunno, imo that's looking for excuses. what I saw is that we got outplayed by a team that was physically in another universe compared to our team. both teams have extremely talented players and their own tactical style, but most of their players are also the perfect athletes, while our players simply ran out of steam when we tried to put them under pressure, almost amateurish

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Guangzhou Evergrande put up a statement about Paulinho whos' wanted by Barcelona as Verratti will probably not join them.

As if surprised, they thanked Barca to put so much faith in their Paulinho, but they rejected their pitiful offer of 20M, and they plan to keep him.

The FC NoMoney got actually rejected by a chinese club for a player like Paulinho, good times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)