Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2006
We're getting Schick. And we don't need a striker (starter) as we have Pipita.

And he's not 30.
No, it's not about do we need him or not. There is something seriously wrong about marotta's valuation of players. we saw the same thing happening when Caldara is signed for same price as Gagliardini. Both were promising players playing for same team, midfielders tend to cost more than defenders and not only that but he let them have the player for another 18 months while inter got the player straight away. if someone is feeding on this club's resources, it looks very likely, i just hope he doesn't get away with it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No, it's not about do we need him or not. There is something seriously wrong about marotta's valuation of players. we saw the same thing happening when Caldara is signed for same price as Gagliardini. Both were promising players playing for same team, midfielders tend to cost more than defenders and not only that but he let them have the player for another 18 months while inter got the player straight away. if someone is feeding on this club's resources, it looks very likely, i just hope he doesn't get away with it.
Gagliardini was reportedly 20m obligation + 2m loan fee + 6m in bonuses. Caldara was 15m + 6m in bonuses, so you're wrong there, 28 isn't 21.
Besides Caldara is bound to develop better at Atalanta compared to playing Coppa games together with Benatia, it's a sensible deal from Marotta, we don't exactly have space to develop promising CBs right now.

Defenders being less expensive than midfielders? It's a crap statement, ask Chelsea how many good and cheap Serie A defenders they were able to sign last summer. They reportedly offered figures like 40m-50m for Romagnoli and Koulibaly and got turned down, Caldara for 15+6m is a great deal.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Gagliardini was reportedly 20m obligation + 2m loan fee + 6m in bonuses. Caldara was 15m + 6m in bonuses, so you're wrong there, 28 isn't 21.
Besides Caldara is bound to develop better at Atalanta compared to playing Coppa games together with Benatia, it's a sensible deal from Marotta, we don't exactly have space to develop promising CBs right now.

Defenders being less expensive than midfielders? It's a crap statement, ask Chelsea how many good and cheap Serie A defenders they were able to sign last summer. They reportedly offered figures like 40m-50m for Romagnoli and Koulibaly and got turned down, Caldara for 15+6m is a great deal.
+ 4m of development fees, as of cds (see image i posted in the mercato thread).

i don't really care about prices, though. also, getting gagliardini and caldara are more or less unrelated, as they would solve different issues. during this winter mercato, we needed a midfielder, we got rincon (a bad choice, obviously), meanwhile caldara would have had no place in our squad until barza retires/leaves next summer.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
One gotta admit Milan actually got a squad upgrade.

Question is if Montella can make it work with all the new players, might take them a season.

Does their board have to patientce?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
so far they got Musacchio, Rodriguez, A.Silva and Kessie, I'd say that they're having one hell of a mercato for a club of their size, it's probably already the best squad Montella has worked with (apart from 3 months at Roma), let's see what he can get out of them.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
With those four signing from Milan and probably more to come, I don't see them as inferior to Roma (most probably going to sell Salah, Radja & Rudiger) and Napoli (Great coach with above average players).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So do Milan have a FFP free pass this season? Or are they selling half of their team? I just don't get how they can spend so much.

Judging by the proposal put forward by the owners they have no idea how FFP works and they are overestimating everything, so I look forward to their future European ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)